Nelsonville-York @ Trimble

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Re: Nelsonville-York @ Trimble

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

bullfrog93 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:34 pm
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:28 pm
bullfrog93 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:42 am

Hey, I don't have a dog in the fight. But I did notice you didn't try to refute the claim. Interesting... :mrgreen:
I don’t argue it because that’s everyone’s go to when they lose in Glouster 😂 besides, we couldn’t do that to NY two games in a row after what happened to them in Fairland. Safe to say everyone from Burr Oak clear to Logan was upset about that homer of a game.
You may be right b/c I remember last year when NC beat you in Glouster some Trimble fans were on here saying if it weren't for the refs and NC getting lucky with turnovers you would have beaten them. And of course we all remember the NY faithful telling us how the refs cheated them in Fairland. :o
Unfortunately, there are fans like that everywhere. Also fans that say if this or that happened, the outcome would be different. It is what it is. It’s the name of the game, but some people like playing “what if” games.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
bullfrog93
Freshman Team

Post by bullfrog93 »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:40 pm
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:28 pm

I don’t argue it because that’s everyone’s go to when they lose in Glouster 😂 besides, we couldn’t do that to NY two games in a row after what happened to them in Fairland. Safe to say everyone from Burr Oak clear to Logan was upset about that homer of a game.
You may be right b/c I remember last year when NC beat you in Glouster some Trimble fans were on here saying if it weren't for the refs and NC getting lucky with turnovers you would have beaten them. And of course we all remember the NY faithful telling us how the refs cheated them in Fairland. :o
Unfortunately, there are fans like that everywhere. Also fans that say if this or that happened, the outcome would be different. It is what it is. It’s the name of the game, but some people like playing “what if” games.
I guess you gotta look at it this way: If it's a muddy field both teams have to play on it. And if it's "those danged Glouster refs" both teams have to deal with them. If it is that crew you just gotta hope your coach's name isn't Skinner I guess. :o

SeaBass
Waterboy

Post by SeaBass »

bullfrog93 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:54 pm
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:40 pm

I guess you gotta look at it this way: If it's a muddy field both teams have to play on it. And if it's "those danged Glouster refs" both teams have to deal with them. If it is that crew you just gotta hope your coach's name isn't Skinner I guess. :o
The only thing I'll say about the refs is, I don't really care who they are as long as none of them work/coach at the school nor do any of their family members. I know that's a stretch and a big ask so I won't go so far as to complain if they are graduates from there. :shock:

Kick his ASS, SeaBass!
SeaBass
Waterboy

Post by SeaBass »

koondoger wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:24 pm
NY Tomcat wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:11 pm
Pit Stop Billy wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:07 pm

I think people are just wishful thinking that NY will be down this year. I agree they like to be thought of as underdogs. My contacts tell me they'll be just fine this year and look for a good game this week. If they can come out of the first two with at least one win they will be hard to handle the rest of the season for sure.
Agreed. A few new wrinkles too according to word on the street. :mrgreen:
So, looks like it's Luke & Rusty's "new wrinkles" v. Brady's defense and Phil's trick plays. Should be interesting. :mrgreen:
Luke?

Kick his ASS, SeaBass!
Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

bullfrog93 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:24 am
Pit Stop Billy wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:55 pm
Sideliner wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:18 pm

I am curious. What is this based on? Trimble returns almost everyone and they dominated the first half last year. The only reason the game was close, was the fact that Trimble kept cramping. So based on that, if Trimble remains healthy, they should come out on top.
It's based on information that I have and you most likely do not. So, I stand by my prediction. Bucks by two scores. If I'm proven wrong strike up the band and deliver the plate of crow. :mrgreen:
I might bite on this prediction if the game weren't in Glouster. But with the game being played there there's a likelihood that you'll get "those danged Glouster refs" calling the game and if you do no way Trimble loses. :mrgreen:
:idea: I heard Hootie and Roy might have the game. That would be good because those boys would be neutral. :idea:

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

If it’s Hootie and Roy everybody loses

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

NY BUCK wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:47 pm If it’s Hootie and Roy everybody loses
:lol: :lol: :lol: You ain’t wrong there!!

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

NY BUCK wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:47 pm If it’s Hootie and Roy everybody loses
Lmao, comment of the year already

Its all in the hips
BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Anyone have the inside scoop if Guffey is a go for tomorrow?? Would feel a little better knowing he’s going to be on the field.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Goodluck to the tomcat's Trimble 25 NY 12

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:55 am Anyone have the inside scoop if Guffey is a go for tomorrow?? Would feel a little better knowing he’s going to be on the field.
Yes, I know but I can't say. It wouldn't be right if I did. :mrgreen:

Lakers23
Riding the Bench

Post by Lakers23 »

No muddy field no Hootie and Roy,think it could get ugly for NY

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Pit Stop Billy wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:18 pm
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:55 am Anyone have the inside scoop if Guffey is a go for tomorrow?? Would feel a little better knowing he’s going to be on the field.
Yes, I know but I can't say. It wouldn't be right if I did. :mrgreen:
No secrets, I think it’s out now 😉

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Gameday! Weather looks great. Hope for a big crowd tonight and an injury free game for both teams.

Go Bucks!

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Let’s be honest here, if Trimble is relying on Guffey as the factor between them winning or losing the game then they don’t have a chance anyway. I know that kid is good but there are 10 other players on the field. I’ll make the trip to Glouster to watch this one!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Bulldog84 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:58 am Let’s be honest here, if Trimble is relying on Guffey as the factor between them winning or losing the game then they don’t have a chance anyway. I know that kid is good but there are 10 other players on the field. I’ll make the trip to Glouster to watch this one!
Guffey?

How about Lackey, Downs, Wisor?

Who counts on a WR to be the difference maker anyways? lol This isn't the NFL, the main difference makers in high school football is the line, RB and QB, probably in that order.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:18 am
Bulldog84 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:58 am Let’s be honest here, if Trimble is relying on Guffey as the factor between them winning or losing the game then they don’t have a chance anyway. I know that kid is good but there are 10 other players on the field. I’ll make the trip to Glouster to watch this one!
Guffey?

How about Lackey, Downs, Wisor?

Who counts on a WR to be the difference maker anyways? lol This isn't the NFL, the main difference makers in high school football is the line, RB and QB, probably in that order.
Exactly, my point! If Trimble is a loser in this one it won’t be because Guffey didn’t play. If I remember correctly, NY lost about 15 or so seniors to graduation last year and Trimble returns their entire team. I am guessing that Trimble would be the favorite in this game. Good luck to both teams.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

I saw somewhere that Trimble returns 20 starters, how many two-way?

Go Blue
Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Its small school football all of em

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Who won

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion