2021 LOGAN CHIEFTAINS FOOTBALL

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2021 LOGAN CHIEFTAINS FOOTBALL

Post by noreply66 »

Logan sounds like they are having more boys playing in the youth program and I hear that numbers are coming up in the lower grades.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Whats going on in Chieftain land as of lately? Kinda of quiet on here.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Can we get a Logan/Vinton County jamboree game please??? Huge crowds for both schools and an extremely short trip. Pretty please??

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:01 pm Whats going on in Chieftain land as of lately? Kinda of quiet on here.
Heard that the baseball and softball facilities are getting a makeover!

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Maybe I missed it but does anybody know why the Jackson game is on a Thursday night to open the season? Seems kind of strange unless its gonna be the Thursday Night Lights Game on CW which would be even stranger since they stay close to Central Ohio. Read where Logan is finally getting a new field and track. Hope the new one has more color on it than the old one did, it was pretty bland compared to some other fields in the area.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:13 am Maybe I missed it but does anybody know why the Jackson game is on a Thursday night to open the season? Seems kind of strange unless its gonna be the Thursday Night Lights Game on CW which would be even stranger since they stay close to Central Ohio. Read where Logan is finally getting a new field and track. Hope the new one has more color on it than the old one did, it was pretty bland compared to some other fields in the area.
Here is an aerial view of the new turf.
Attachments
09720795-1C35-44AB-875A-46ED64F8A385.jpeg

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

End zones look much better with all purple with white lettering..........still has the old curled up toe boot shaped looking L at the 50...............a cursive L or a chief head would have looked better................but all in all, it looks better than it did.....................good luck to Logan this season...........

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Inches you're funny! I always thought myself how that looked like an old boot out there :lol:. Seriously though big improvement over the last version. I like it! Now if they would just get a new fresh version of helmets! :(

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Agree with the above two posts. Looks good though. GO CHIEFS!!!

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

Any updates from today’s scrimmage against Nelsonville?

Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

Thanos wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:59 pm Any updates from today’s scrimmage against Nelsonville?
Nelsonville-Yorks o and D lines controlled Logan most of the scrimmage. Logan was able to make some nice runs and hit a few passes. The Chieftain offense was pretty predicable. They have some nice backs but they are basically telling the defense right where they are running before they snap the ball. The QB would yell long or short before the snap depending on what he sees from the defense. Long was an outside run, short was an inside run.
Logan's Online has size all the way across and they could turn into a good line with some more work.
That's my 2 cents.

"Do what you do, and do it well"
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Sounds like you could blame the OC on some of the faults if this is correct.The QB shouldn't be yelling stuff that's easily figured out play after play.It seems the players for Logan are lead into trouble from the callers on the sideline.
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

They have a lot of work before Jackson… Jackson will smell that out and hold us to negative yards rushing. I’m sure these things will get corrected this week.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Thanos wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:22 pm Jackson will smell that out
Agree, any opposing coach/team would. What is the head Chief thinking, and ok with stuff like that? For crying out loud! :lol:

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

I had NY varsity 3 scores Logan 0.
Jv logan 3 ny 1.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Omaha wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:50 pm
Thanos wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:59 pm Any updates from today’s scrimmage against Nelsonville?
Nelsonville-Yorks o and D lines controlled Logan most of the scrimmage. Logan was able to make some nice runs and hit a few passes. The Chieftain offense was pretty predicable. They have some nice backs but they are basically telling the defense right where they are running before they snap the ball. The QB would yell long or short before the snap depending on what he sees from the defense. Long was an outside run, short was an inside run.
Logan's Online has size all the way across and they could turn into a good line with some more work.
That's my 2 cents.
I'd probably give them a bit more time, most coaches keep it very vanilla in scrimmages especially the first one. Probably wouldn't roast them just yet.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

cbolt wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:41 pm Inches you're funny! I always thought myself how that looked like an old boot out there :lol:. Seriously though big improvement over the last version. I like it! Now if they would just get a new fresh version of helmets! :(
New helmets coming next year.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Thanos wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:22 pm They have a lot of work before Jackson… Jackson will smell that out and hold us to negative yards rushing. I’m sure these things will get corrected this week.
Sadly Jackson is on a whole different level as a program from Logan right now. That's the measuring stick.

Logan's first time running the wing-t in live 11 on 11 action. I would guess signalling will get more deceptive as they get comfortable.

FWIW - I believe Logan has never ran the Wing-T as it's primary offense in school history - which would be pretty rare, especially for a SE Ohio school. I think it makes sense for the personnel in the program. QB's legs should be a part of the game plan.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

All Time Record vs Current Schedule:

Jackson: 46-47-4 (last win was 2013, 28-21)
Teays Valley: 2-6
Sheridan: 0-3
Warren: 27-6
Chillicothe: 8-9
Athens: 52-36-5
Columbus St. Charles: 1st Meeting
Meigs: 12-7-1 (vs. Middleport 24-11-1, Pomeroy 21-10-4)
Fort Frye: 1st Meeting
Zanesville: 10-14

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:02 am
Thanos wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:22 pm They have a lot of work before Jackson… Jackson will smell that out and hold us to negative yards rushing. I’m sure these things will get corrected this week.
Sadly Jackson is on a whole different level as a program from Logan right now. That's the measuring stick.

Logan's first time running the wing-t in live 11 on 11 action. I would guess signalling will get more deceptive as they get comfortable.

FWIW - I believe Logan has never ran the Wing-T as it's primary offense in school history - which would be pretty rare, especially for a SE Ohio school. I think it makes sense for the personnel in the program. QB's legs should be a part of the game plan.
First time Wing-T against a Larry Hall coached defense isn't going to end well, just a hunch.

Return to “Football”