2021 PORTSMOUTH TROJANS FOOTBALL

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Re: 2021 PORTSMOUTH TROJANS FOOTBALL

Post by LetsBeReal »

Who was the player that scored 3 or 4 touchdowns in the second half of the Waverly scrimmage. Looking forward to see him in the future. He was getting Jv and freshman snaps it seemed. Looked like #5. Not sure just interested in his development

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Still early in the season but so far its safe to say the Trojans are surprising people. As of now the only threats I see left on the schedule are Gallia, Fairland, and Ironton (all away games) Ironton & Fairland will be tall task but not impossible by any means. The game I think they have the best shot will be against Gallia who is dealing with low numbers. They beat them they likely walk into Fairland game undefeated 7-0 which would be HUGE.. and even with losses to Fairland & Ironton the Trojans would still finish 8-2 giving them a nice seed in the expanded 16 team playoffs. We could very well see Portsmouth clinch a home playoff game.. thats something I bet no one saw coming lol

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Trojans are definitely the surprise team. Everyone knew they had a good offense but the defense is what is surprising. The carr kid is playing really well. I think the Trojans need to win 1 of those 3 games to see a home playoff game. To even mention a home game is something I’d never think would happen. Still early and a lot can happen but 3-0 is a lot better than 0-3 to start.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Seen a post saying that Gallia isnt picking anyone up this week after their game was cancelled. Will give them an extra week to prepare for the Trojans if so. I guess they suffered some injuries last week so with their low numbers taking the time to rest.

Whiplash
Waterboy

Post by Whiplash »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:43 pm Seen a post saying that Gallia isnt picking anyone up this week after their game was cancelled. Will give them an extra week to prepare for the Trojans if so. I guess they suffered some injuries last week so with their low numbers taking the time to rest.
Might make sense. I saw a team pic of Gallia on their Twitter page. Looked like they only had 28 players. That's low. If that's 9-12, that's extremely low. With multiple injuries or quarantines, it could be very difficult to field a competitive team. Maybe someone more familiar with Gallia, could clarify the numbers.

Return to “Football”