SOC all star game?

Tartanblue
SEO

SOC all star game?

Post by Tartanblue »

Not sure if its been posted before or not but has the SOC had an all star game after the season?

countywide35
SEOP

Re: SOC all star game?

Post by countywide35 »

An SOC only all star game ??

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

As far as timing, the OHSAA regulation reads: In the sport of football, only a graduating senior or a student completing athletic eligibility at the end of the current semester may participating in “All-Star” competition.

It would kinda take the glamour out of being in an all star game a few months later, especially when a lot of the kids have moved on the baseball, track, or maybe even AAU.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

The OVAC does that. I think that if you had something like the SOC vs OVC all-star game, it would be feasible.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:58 pm The OVAC does that. I think that if you had something like the SOC vs OVC all-star game, it would be feasible.
I like the idea of SOC vs OVC all-star game. Would be a nice addition to football in the area, and give a lot of seniors one more game of football that could end up being their last ever.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

If you did something like that, then you could have rotating venues yearly or the conference champion does it from each conference every other year. I know that many times it would either be at Burg or Ironton but that’s not bad, either. Or, you could do it every third year rotation by including the SOC1. I think that it would benefit the SOC1 schools for their needs to be updated for new fields.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I always thought it would be a great ideal to have a local all star game but getting one started would be a nightmare. how would they decide who coaches it? Who host it? It would be a great way to get kids one last game considering probably for 95% of the players it would be their last game ever.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Izladoom wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:20 pm I always thought it would be a great ideal to have a local all star game but getting one started would be a nightmare. how would they decide who coaches it? Who host it? It would be a great way to get kids one last game considering probably for 95% of the players it would be their last game ever.
Could have all the coaches vote on who gets to coach (cant vote for yourself) and location would probably be the best field thats close to the center of all participating teams. I think giving the seniors one last game would be a huge reason to make this a reality. Only get to play HS ball once in your life.

Return to “Football”