Gridiron Glory returning with expanded coverage area

Logangrad
All State

Re: Gridiron Glory returning with expanded coverage area

Post by Logangrad »

RothGGProducer wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:30 pm
carbon_dated wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:50 pm You guys at GG need to get WOUB to go a full hour. That's the best way to promote Ohio University's journalism department and give all of you experience of covering the great sport of h.s. football. Best of luck. Are you covering the schools in the MOVL?
Gonna be honest, producing an hours worth of content before 11:30 on Friday night every week would be darn near impossible with our current staff. Gridiron would need more adults assisting and more student volunteers with previous live TV experience. (Basically more upperclassmen that are familiar with WOUB) We will likely see a few games with teams from the MOVL this season, but not many. Haven’t officially mapped out our coverage plans but that league is a pretty far trip from Athens. I know plenty of teams closer to Athens meet up for playoff matchups with teams from that league, I can promise you Gridiron Glory will be at those games.
Then why do it?? It seems like youre not going to get more into the 30 min show bc you need more help; so why do it? I get the expanding of the online content through social media but thats not what was being promoted as such. I think alot of people were asking the same thing on how youll get more coverage in the same 30 min time slot without knowing its meant primarily through the online outlet. You guys have always done a great job with what you have but it seems lately it went from different focal points of core teams to expanding to now even more expansion but all within the same 30 min show, Sometimes less is more imo. Have a good season.

Live Like A Champion!
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Such an odd thing to gripe about...but okay I guess

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Logangrad wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:50 pm
carbon_dated wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:50 pm You guys at GG need to get WOUB to go a full hour. That's the best way to promote Ohio University's journalism department and give all of you experience of covering the great sport of h.s. football. Best of luck. Are you covering the schools in the MOVL?
Gonna be honest, producing an hours worth of content before 11:30 on Friday night every week would be darn near impossible with our current staff. Gridiron would need more adults assisting and more student volunteers with previous live TV experience. (Basically more upperclassmen that are familiar with WOUB) We will likely see a few games with teams from the MOVL this season, but not many. Haven’t officially mapped out our coverage plans but that league is a pretty far trip from Athens. I know plenty of teams closer to Athens meet up for playoff matchups with teams from that league, I can promise you Gridiron Glory will be at those games.
Then why do it?? It seems like youre not going to get more into the 30 min show bc you need more help; so why do it? I get the expanding of the online content through social media but thats not what was being promoted as such. I think alot of people were asking the same thing on how youll get more coverage in the same 30 min time slot without knowing its meant primarily through the online outlet. You guys have always done a great job with what you have but it seems lately it went from different focal points of core teams to expanding to now even more expansion but all within the same 30 min show, Sometimes less is more imo. Have a good season.
Who pissed in your Cheerios?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:47 pm
Logangrad wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:50 pm

Who pissed in your Cheerios?
Those darn wild bears

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Great thing about opinions, everyone is entitled to them and you don't always have to agree with them. :mrgreen:

Live Like A Champion!
Gilligan
Waterboy

Post by Gilligan »

Logangrad wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:11 am Great thing about opinions, everyone is entitled to them and you don't always have to agree with them. :mrgreen:
Be careful who you disagree with there LG. Especially when those two team up like that. You could join the long list of missing with out a trace posters on here. They can always find an excuse to off you. So, tread lightly. Just by me telling you this, I put myself in jeopardy as well LOL.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Gilligan wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:08 am
Logangrad wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:11 am Great thing about opinions, everyone is entitled to them and you don't always have to agree with them. :mrgreen:
Be careful who you disagree with there LG. Especially when those two team up like that. You could join the long list of missing with out a trace posters on here. They can always find an excuse to off you. So, tread lightly. Just by me telling you this, I put myself in jeopardy as well LOL.

:shock: :lol:

Hard to believe Ive been on this site for 16 years; probably longer than most if not all the mods and I was a mod at one time. But we all have opinions and thats the beauty of what the concept of JJHuddle was (the first guest I ever had on my radio show btw) and this site. To voice opinions and have general discussions. I just think sometimes when trying to do to much other things suffer. They even said they cant get all the teams in a 30 min show bc of the lack of staff, so that means some fan bases wont be happy so why set yourself up for that kind of feedback? Thats all I was saying.

Live Like A Champion!
Gilligan
Waterboy

Post by Gilligan »

Logangrad wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:51 am
Gilligan wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:08 am

:shock: :lol:

Hard to believe Ive been on this site for 16 years; probably longer than most if not all the mods and I was a mod at one time. But we all have opinions and thats the beauty of what the concept of JJHuddle was (the first guest I ever had on my radio show btw) and this site. To voice opinions and have general discussions. I just think sometimes when trying to do to much other things suffer. They even said they cant get all the teams in a 30 min show bc of the lack of staff, so that means some fan bases wont be happy so why set yourself up for that kind of feedback? Thats all I was saying.
I agree with you. But there are a few who find a way to get you when you do that. It's happened to me a time or five LOL. May be today, or a month from today, but I'm confident they'll get me again for this conversation. :o

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Personally I think expanding into Knox, Licking and Madison Counties is a bad idea. At least Licking and Madison.

Licking is already drenched in high school football coverage from the Columbus TV stations (e.g. WCMH/NBC4, WBNS/10TV), Central Ohio radio stations (e.g. WCLT "T100", AM820, WBNS 97.1 "The Fan") and even coverage from the NBC station in Zanesville, WHIZ-TV. The Newark Advocate has two full-time sportswriters, too. There's not a lane, I don't think, for yet another outlet and I also just don't see the trade-off in general. You're going to be covering schools who are getting tripled up in TV coverage -- not to mention, there's probably very little fanfare for those schools in this part of the state?

Madison's problem is the four schools play westward, not eastward.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Does WOUB/Gridiron Glory have any IPTV / streaming services for those who don't get the channel over-the-air?

Also, I run the MSL (Mid-State League forum) @MSL_Forum -- feel free to shoot a message on working to get promotions going.

RothGGProducer
Riding the Bench

Post by RothGGProducer »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:56 am Personally I think expanding into Knox, Licking and Madison Counties is a bad idea. At least Licking and Madison.

Licking is already drenched in high school football coverage from the Columbus TV stations (e.g. WCMH/NBC4, WBNS/10TV), Central Ohio radio stations (e.g. WCLT "T100", AM820, WBNS 97.1 "The Fan") and even coverage from the NBC station in Zanesville, WHIZ-TV. The Newark Advocate has two full-time sportswriters, too. There's not a lane, I don't think, for yet another outlet and I also just don't see the trade-off in general. You're going to be covering schools who are getting tripled up in TV coverage -- not to mention, there's probably very little fanfare for those schools in this part of the state?

Madison's problem is the four schools play westward, not eastward.
When the 740 Zone was at Licking County games last season, we were usually the only reporters video recording games. When we weren’t, we would be the only reporters staying for postgame interviews from coaches on camera. WHIZ mostly covers the MVL, which Gridiron has covered forever, alongside Storied Rivals and there’s never been a problem with multiple outlets for that league.

RothGGProducer
Riding the Bench

Post by RothGGProducer »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:04 pm Does WOUB/Gridiron Glory have any IPTV / streaming services for those who don't get the channel over-the-air?

Also, I run the MSL (Mid-State League forum) @MSL_Forum -- feel free to shoot a message on working to get promotions going.
Gridiron Glory livestreams on YouTube at WOUBPBS. That would be the easiest way for fans outside of WOUB’s TV area to watch the show.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Thank-You for expansion of coverage!
I’ve enjoyed your YouTube channel from my home in Orlando.
As a SEO FB fan, any coverage was fun to watch, but will be even better to watch more coverage of my alma mater!

Ironton is ready to rumble, are as talented in skilled positions as ever, with more players of equal talent and skill to cover those 100 yards.

Off season training will show & strength of schedule is off daHook!

Good luck to all!

Thank you fir expansion!

I cannot wait to view & support ALL SEO TEAMS!!!

GoTigersGo!

Get the ball
Get the ball
Get the ball…

Return to “Football”