Football Officiating Class to begin July 26

Kurgan74
JV Team

Football Officiating Class to begin July 26

Post by Kurgan74 »

For anyone interested in becoming a football official for this season, David Sparks will be teaching a new Football Officials Class beginning on July 26. If you are interested you can sign up through the OHSAA website at myohsaa.org.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Re: Football Officiating Class to begin July 26

Post by NY Tomcat »

I would like to see a lot of know-it-all fans and posters on here take this class and try it out. I'm betting they'd have a different opinion of themselves and the officials if they would. But we all know none of the ones who complain the most will ever do this. Just sayin it would be nice if they would. If any of you experts do this please let me know when you do your first game so I can come and scream and curse at you. :mrgreen:

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

NY Tomcat wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:10 pm I would like to see a lot of know-it-all fans and posters on here take this class and try it out. I'm betting they'd have a different opinion of themselves and the officials if they would. But we all know none of the ones who complain the most will ever do this. Just sayin it would be nice if they would. If any of you experts do this please let me know when you do your first game so I can come and scream and curse at you. :mrgreen:
You are probably one of those guys sitting front row trashing officials, get outta here with your nonsense!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:16 am
NY Tomcat wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:10 pm I would like to see a lot of know-it-all fans and posters on here take this class and try it out. I'm betting they'd have a different opinion of themselves and the officials if they would. But we all know none of the ones who complain the most will ever do this. Just sayin it would be nice if they would. If any of you experts do this please let me know when you do your first game so I can come and scream and curse at you. :mrgreen:
You are probably one of those guys sitting front row trashing officials, get outta here with your nonsense!
I've seen you on here bashing coaches and officials, so why don't you step up and nut up? This is your chance to improve the officiating in the area to your standards. No? I didn't think so. So why not get you a coaching job then and show all those coaches you love to hate how it's done. There are plenty of openings in the area. :mrgreen:

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

NY Tomcat wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:19 am
I've seen you on here bashing coaches and officials, so why don't you step up and nut up? This is your chance to improve the officiating in the area to your standards. No? I didn't think so. So why not get you a coaching job then and show all those coaches you love to hate how it's done. There are plenty of openings in the area. :mrgreen:
I’d be a better coach than a few of the current ones, just trust me!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dang dude a lot of hostility towards this topic, guessing you do officiating then. Every year there's these classes and every year someone wants to post about fans or parents taking this, bottom line is there's always going to be that problem whether it be with coaching or officiating.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

greygoose wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:16 pm

Dang dude a lot of hostility towards this topic, guessing you do officiating then. Every year there's these classes and every year someone wants to post about fans or parents taking this, bottom line is there's always going to be that problem whether it be with coaching or officiating.
Nope, no hostility nor am I an official. But I take it you are buddies with 84. My point is, I see all these whiny assesz on here crying and boo hooing about officials and how bad they are, and then people like you saying "I pay my $5 so I can scream dumbassz at the officials if I want..." I say, instead of crying and screaming why don't you sign up? Also, as long as you clowns keep crying and screaming there will be people calling you out for it. :mrgreen:

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:50 pm

I’d be a better coach than a few of the current ones, just trust me!
Oh I know you think that. You must be the only one though since you don't have a job coaching. :mrgreen:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

NY Tomcat wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:52 am

Nope, no hostility nor am I an official. But I take it you are buddies with 84. My point is, I see all these whiny assesz on here crying and boo hooing about officials and how bad they are, and then people like you saying "I pay my $5 so I can scream dumbassz at the officials if I want..." I say, instead of crying and screaming why don't you sign up? Also, as long as you clowns keep crying and screaming there will be people calling you out for it. :mrgreen:
Have no idea who 84, nor did I side with him or say anything to the contrary. I simply pointed out a very real point that as long as there's games with officials and coaches coaching teams there's always going to be someone up there yelling one way or the other. If the call goes your way or your coach is winning everything is great, if you feel calls are going against you or the coach isn't doing what you think they should there's always people there that is going to scream and yell about it. It's a pretty simple concept really it's been going on for YEARS AND YEARS it's not something that is new sports. Each year there's always people, like yourself, who's only argument is go take the classes, sorry that's just a wide spread net ppl use to cover up stuff. Bad calls happen, coaching mistakes are made the world isn't perfect, I'd rather see an uneducated fool up there screaming and looking foolish, than an educated fool who has taken the classes up there screaming and pointing out any little mistake that is made and believing they are right because they took classes on it. You've got to come up with a new argument if you're going to come at me on it, because I don't see ppl saying I paid my money so I can....no it's parents who believe their kids and their team do zero wrong. While I feel for the official and for the coaches, been there, at least they are at the games and not just picking up little Johnny off the bus when they get home.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:35 pm
NY Tomcat wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:52 am

Have no idea who 84, nor did I side with him or say anything to the contrary. I simply pointed out a very real point that as long as there's games with officials and coaches coaching teams there's always going to be someone up there yelling one way or the other. If the call goes your way or your coach is winning everything is great, if you feel calls are going against you or the coach isn't doing what you think they should there's always people there that is going to scream and yell about it. It's a pretty simple concept really it's been going on for YEARS AND YEARS it's not something that is new sports. Each year there's always people, like yourself, who's only argument is go take the classes, sorry that's just a wide spread net ppl use to cover up stuff. Bad calls happen, coaching mistakes are made the world isn't perfect, I'd rather see an uneducated fool up there screaming and looking foolish, than an educated fool who has taken the classes up there screaming and pointing out any little mistake that is made and believing they are right because they took classes on it. You've got to come up with a new argument if you're going to come at me on it, because I don't see ppl saying I paid my money so I can....no it's parents who believe their kids and their team do zero wrong. While I feel for the official and for the coaches, been there, at least they are at the games and not just picking up little Johnny off the bus when they get home.
I could argue against several things you wrote in that post as well as point out your contradictions. But I'll simply say, you can keep "coming at me" all you want but as long as there are people screaming at officials and people like you and 84 on here justifying it there will be people like me telling you and them to take that class and do something about the perceived problem, rather than being a part of said perceived problem and/or justifying the idiotic reactions to it. So, take the class. Take 84 with you so you can both be enlightened. :mrgreen:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

It all boils down to the fact that you’re missing my point entirely, like you have zero comprehension of it. I’m not advocating either way what I’m saying is as long as there’s the human error aspect this will always continue. I’ve coached and know several officials 100% officials mess up if you do t believe so you haven’t seen enough games. I had a team start on the 35 and on 3rd down we got to the 47, first down right?? No chains moved from official on one sideline guy on ours is saying 4th and 2. Really 4th and 2 from the 47 when original line of scrimmage was 35?? You can stop trying to lump everyone together because as you can see you’re the only one crying about it. Humans make mistakes and parents are going to think their kids and the team done no wrong, been like that will always be like that and that’s the point you’re missing in it’s entirety.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

greygoose wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:53 am It all boils down to the fact that you’re missing my point entirely, like you have zero comprehension of it. I’m not advocating either way what I’m saying is as long as there’s the human error aspect this will always continue. I’ve coached and know several officials 100% officials mess up if you do t believe so you haven’t seen enough games. I had a team start on the 35 and on 3rd down we got to the 47, first down right?? No chains moved from official on one sideline guy on ours is saying 4th and 2. Really 4th and 2 from the 47 when original line of scrimmage was 35?? You can stop trying to lump everyone together because as you can see you’re the only one crying about it. Humans make mistakes and parents are going to think their kids and the team done no wrong, been like that will always be like that and that’s the point you’re missing in it’s entirety.
Oh now I get where you're coming from. You couldn't help yourself could you. Still mad about a "bad call" against your team huh. LOL Yep, you can be lumped in with the rest, and you should sign up for the class so you can prevent such tragic calls in the future. :mrgreen: By the way, I got your point from the beginning. Obviously your closed mind along with your anti official bias prevents you from getting mine, which is as long as people scream at officials and people like you justify iy there'll be people like me telling you to take the class so you can be part of the solution instead of the problem. :mrgreen:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

NY Tomcat wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:00 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:53 am It all boils down to the fact that you’re missing my point entirely, like you have zero comprehension of it. I’m not advocating either way what I’m saying is as long as there’s the human error aspect this will always continue. I’ve coached and know several officials 100% officials mess up if you do t believe so you haven’t seen enough games. I had a team start on the 35 and on 3rd down we got to the 47, first down right?? No chains moved from official on one sideline guy on ours is saying 4th and 2. Really 4th and 2 from the 47 when original line of scrimmage was 35?? You can stop trying to lump everyone together because as you can see you’re the only one crying about it. Humans make mistakes and parents are going to think their kids and the team done no wrong, been like that will always be like that and that’s the point you’re missing in it’s entirety.
Oh now I get where you're coming from. You couldn't help yourself could you. Still mad about a "bad call" against your team huh. LOL Yep, you can be lumped in with the rest, and you should sign up for the class so you can prevent such tragic calls in the future. :mrgreen: By the way, I got your point from the beginning. Obviously your closed mind along with your anti official bias prevents you from getting mine, which is as long as people scream at officials and people like you justify iy there'll be people like me telling you to take the class so you can be part of the solution instead of the problem. :mrgreen:
Once again you simply don't get it....can't help a blind man see and can't help the narrow minded understand. :mrgreen: thought maybe if I added that it'd help

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

greygoose wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:16 pm
NY Tomcat wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:00 pm
Once again you simply don't get it....can't help a blind man see and can't help the narrow minded understand.
Pal, I get it. You're trying to get me to agree with you on something I already agree with you on. Meanwhile, you refuse to get my point, or maybe you just don't have the mental capacity to understand. Yes, officials and everyone else make mistakes. You seem like one who thinks you're always right any time you think it was a bad call. That's probably why you justify and seem to encourage people to scream at officials, cause, you know, they're always wrong, right? LOL Now, read carefully; as long as jackwagons scream at officials and people like you justify that and think you're always right and the official is always wrong I'll keep telling you to take the class. Am I getting through? Yes, I realize you are trying to get me to stop saying it. That's part of you're problem. You think you're right and everyone else is wrong, unless they scream at officials that is. :mrgreen:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

OH my, no the problem with your theory is the lumping of everyone into 1 box. Have I yelled at an official absolutely, however my overall knowledge of the rules is quite high. I've also told fans to sit down and hush when they're screaming and yelling at officials because the call was correct. Unless it's some obvious play a lot of times calls are simply judgement based or in some cases perspective. Exp..As I see this play that is a terrible call....from where the official is standing though he simply doesn't see what has clearly happened or not happened. Officials aren't out to screw the kids, at least I'd hope not, they're simply human. However you're making some grand assumption that because someone disagrees with the call they must be sitting there screaming and acting like an idiot. I mean you started the whole thing off saying I paid $5 BS. I mean I hope you have plenty of people signup for your class though.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

greygoose wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:48 pm OH my, no the problem with your theory is the lumping of everyone into 1 box. Have I yelled at an official absolutely, however my overall knowledge of the rules is quite high. I've also told fans to sit down and hush when they're screaming and yelling at officials because the call was correct. Unless it's some obvious play a lot of times calls are simply judgement based or in some cases perspective. Exp..As I see this play that is a terrible call....from where the official is standing though he simply doesn't see what has clearly happened or not happened. Officials aren't out to screw the kids, at least I'd hope not, they're simply human. However you're making some grand assumption that because someone disagrees with the call they must be sitting there screaming and acting like an idiot. I mean you started the whole thing off saying I paid $5 BS. I mean I hope you have plenty of people signup for your class though.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
See there, now you're starting to get it. What was it I said that helped open your mind a little? Now for the next lesson, I didn't "lump everyone." You lumped yourself in with the screamers. So scurry on now and get into that class before it's too late so you might learn that you're not always correct when you think an official made a bad call. You seem to be stuck on that one. Finally, if you've never heard or seen anyone say, "I paid my ($5 or whatever amount)..." then you clearly haven't been to many games and you haven't read the posts on here bashing officials. But hey, you're making progress and if you stick with me I'll get you to enlightenment eventually. Just gotta open that mind of yours some more. :mrgreen:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

No worries there's zero things you can say that would change my mind on anything, your information isn't factually based more less you giving an overall opinion on a subject. I mean when I have to explain the rules to the officials I obviously know these classes don't work with everyone, and just because you put on a striped suit doesn't mean you know all the rules or you're correct on your calls. Oh I've seen plenty of post on here about people complaining about officials and I typically don't get involved with it very much. I try to teach my kids that people remember that 1 play or that 1 call, but in the grand scheme of things that 1 play or 1 call didn't dictate the outcome of the game it just became engrained into the minds of those watching as the end all be all to why they lost or what went wrong. Sorry man I really wish you brought something to the table here but again you seem to want to just spew for the sake of spewing, so clean off your uniform get your flags out and be prepared for when you make a bad call, because it's going to happen and the boos are going to rain down. Simply the facts.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

greygoose wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:29 am No worries there's zero things you can say that would change my mind on anything, your information isn't factually based more less you giving an overall opinion on a subject. I mean when I have to explain the rules to the officials I obviously know these classes don't work with everyone, and just because you put on a striped suit doesn't mean you know all the rules or you're correct on your calls. Oh I've seen plenty of post on here about people complaining about officials and I typically don't get involved with it very much. I try to teach my kids that people remember that 1 play or that 1 call, but in the grand scheme of things that 1 play or 1 call didn't dictate the outcome of the game it just became engrained into the minds of those watching as the end all be all to why they lost or what went wrong. Sorry man I really wish you brought something to the table here but again you seem to want to just spew for the sake of spewing, so clean off your uniform get your flags out and be prepared for when you make a bad call, because it's going to happen and the boos are going to rain down. Simply the facts.
We gotta get you past that one call you're convinced you were right about. We'll get there. I won't give up on you. But to help you in the future try to keep up with the conversation. Like those folks you complain about, you too pick bits and pieces of information and zone in on that. Take for instance your repeated references to me officiating. You completely missed me saying I'm not an official. However, you clearly see that I'm extremely knowledgeable about the subject or you wouldn't assume that I am one. So, thanks for that. Again, you keep screaming (you admitted that you have) along with the other screamers and I'll keep telling you to take the class. Once we get you through all this we'll work on you not getting so spun up about others having and expressing a different opinion than you. Whew! I didn't realize that you have so many issues. They're all related to you believing you're always right and those with differing opinions are always wrong though, so we should be able to get you fixed up. Now grab your whistle and get to class young man and keep prying your mind open. :mrgreen:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

NY Tomcat wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:39 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:29 am No worries there's zero things you can say that would change my mind on anything, your information isn't factually based more less you giving an overall opinion on a subject. I mean when I have to explain the rules to the officials I obviously know these classes don't work with everyone, and just because you put on a striped suit doesn't mean you know all the rules or you're correct on your calls. Oh I've seen plenty of post on here about people complaining about officials and I typically don't get involved with it very much. I try to teach my kids that people remember that 1 play or that 1 call, but in the grand scheme of things that 1 play or 1 call didn't dictate the outcome of the game it just became engrained into the minds of those watching as the end all be all to why they lost or what went wrong. Sorry man I really wish you brought something to the table here but again you seem to want to just spew for the sake of spewing, so clean off your uniform get your flags out and be prepared for when you make a bad call, because it's going to happen and the boos are going to rain down. Simply the facts.
We gotta get you past that one call you're convinced you were right about. We'll get there. I won't give up on you. But to help you in the future try to keep up with the conversation. Like those folks you complain about, you too pick bits and pieces of information and zone in on that. Take for instance your repeated references to me officiating. You completely missed me saying I'm not an official. However, you clearly see that I'm extremely knowledgeable about the subject or you wouldn't assume that I am one. So, thanks for that. Again, you keep screaming (you admitted that you have) along with the other screamers and I'll keep telling you to take the class. Once we get you through all this we'll work on you not getting so spun up about others having and expressing a different opinion than you. Whew! I didn't realize that you have so many issues. They're all related to you believing you're always right and those with differing opinions are always wrong though, so we should be able to get you fixed up. Now grab your whistle and get to class young man and keep prying your mind open. :mrgreen:
Poor Poor feller, don't you wish this was actually going anywhere?? :lol: :lol: Again the baseline for your argument is you have none, nothing factual but per speculation. My guess is you're been screamed at so much as a ref, you sit there and think DANG it I took the class I can't be wrong. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Nah man anyone can say I passed this it's a very basic class structured to get ppl out there referring not to fail them, sort of like you paid for the piece of paper didn't make ya any better.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

greygoose wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:10 pm
NY Tomcat wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:39 am
Poor Poor feller, don't you wish this was actually going anywhere?? :lol: :lol: Again the baseline for your argument is you have none, nothing factual but per speculation. My guess is you're been screamed at so much as a ref, you sit there and think DANG it I took the class I can't be wrong. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Nah man anyone can say I passed this it's a very basic class structured to get ppl out there referring not to fail them, sort of like you paid for the piece of paper didn't make ya any better.
I get it now. You seem to know a lot more about "the class" than anyone on here. You took it didn't you. And you didn't learn anything because you already knew it all, and that's why you are so angry at me for telling you to take the class. :mrgreen:

Good for you bud. Now, for your facts you so desperately want me to divulge:

Fact #1:
People scream at officials. Two of you admitted to it on this thread alone.

Fact #2
I've had you so angry and spun up that you've spent two weeks on this thread alone crying and sobbing and pleading with me to please stop telling people like you that as long as you keep screaming at the officials and justifying by saying you "paid your 5$ and you'll scream all you want" to nut up and take that class.

Fact #3
There is no way I could have known that you don't have any nuts to nut up with. :mrgreen:

Now, take the class again and maybe you'll learn enough to satisfy you this time.

Return to “Football”