Football Officiating Class to begin July 26

koondoger
JV Team

Re: Football Officiating Class to begin July 26

Post by koondoger »

greygoose wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:29 am No worries there's zero things you can say that would change my mind on anything, your information isn't factually based more less you giving an overall opinion on a subject. I mean when I have to explain the rules to the officials I obviously know these classes don't work with everyone, and just because you put on a striped suit doesn't mean you know all the rules or you're correct on your calls. Oh I've seen plenty of post on here about people complaining about officials and I typically don't get involved with it very much. I try to teach my kids that people remember that 1 play or that 1 call, but in the grand scheme of things that 1 play or 1 call didn't dictate the outcome of the game it just became engrained into the minds of those watching as the end all be all to why they lost or what went wrong. Sorry man I really wish you brought something to the table here but again you seem to want to just spew for the sake of spewing, so clean off your uniform get your flags out and be prepared for when you make a bad call, because it's going to happen and the boos are going to rain down. Simply the facts.
I agree with you on this one. I use to love to give the stripes he11. Even better, I loved it when they were close enough for me to get some spit on them as I loudly told them how horrible the call they made was. Most of them know less about the rules than the coaches do anyway. I'll never stop calling them out on it either. If you don't yell at them they'll screw you every time. So I say keep giving it to them, they deserve to be corrected.

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

koondoger wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:30 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:29 am No worries there's zero things you can say that would change my mind on anything, your information isn't factually based more less you giving an overall opinion on a subject. I mean when I have to explain the rules to the officials I obviously know these classes don't work with everyone, and just because you put on a striped suit doesn't mean you know all the rules or you're correct on your calls. Oh I've seen plenty of post on here about people complaining about officials and I typically don't get involved with it very much. I try to teach my kids that people remember that 1 play or that 1 call, but in the grand scheme of things that 1 play or 1 call didn't dictate the outcome of the game it just became engrained into the minds of those watching as the end all be all to why they lost or what went wrong. Sorry man I really wish you brought something to the table here but again you seem to want to just spew for the sake of spewing, so clean off your uniform get your flags out and be prepared for when you make a bad call, because it's going to happen and the boos are going to rain down. Simply the facts.
I agree with you on this one. I use to love to give the stripes he11. Even better, I loved it when they were close enough for me to get some spit on them as I loudly told them how horrible the call they made was. Most of them know less about the rules than the coaches do anyway. I'll never stop calling them out on it either. If you don't yell at them they'll screw you every time. So I say keep giving it to them, they deserve to be corrected.
That's good. I'll lump you two into the same category. Take the class fellas. Even if you've already taken it a few times. :mrgreen:

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

koondoger wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:30 pm
Stay classy koony. Both Goose and Tomcat have made valid points and had a good conversation going. Nobody needs to listen to you spew hate..nobody. No official is perfect just like no coach makes all the right decisions...but fans are always right, huh?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

NY Tomcat wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:20 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:10 pm
NY Tomcat wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:39 am

We gotta get you past that one call you're convinced you were right about. We'll get there. I won't give up on you. But to help you in the future try to keep up with the conversation. Like those folks you complain about, you too pick bits and pieces of information and zone in on that. Take for instance your repeated references to me officiating. You completely missed me saying I'm not an official. However, you clearly see that I'm extremely knowledgeable about the subject or you wouldn't assume that I am one. So, thanks for that. Again, you keep screaming (you admitted that you have) along with the other screamers and I'll keep telling you to take the class. Once we get you through all this we'll work on you not getting so spun up about others having and expressing a different opinion than you. Whew! I didn't realize that you have so many issues. They're all related to you believing you're always right and those with differing opinions are always wrong though, so we should be able to get you fixed up. Now grab your whistle and get to class young man and keep prying your mind open. :mrgreen:
Poor Poor feller, don't you wish this was actually going anywhere?? :lol: :lol: Again the baseline for your argument is you have none, nothing factual but per speculation. My guess is you're been screamed at so much as a ref, you sit there and think DANG it I took the class I can't be wrong. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Nah man anyone can say I passed this it's a very basic class structured to get ppl out there referring not to fail them, sort of like you paid for the piece of paper didn't make ya any better.
I get it now. You seem to know a lot more about "the class" than anyone on here. You took it didn't you. And you didn't learn anything because you already knew it all, and that's why you are so angry at me for telling you to take the class. :mrgreen:

Good for you bud. Now, for your facts you so desperately want me to divulge:

Fact #1:
People scream at officials. Two of you admitted to it on this thread alone.

Fact #2
I've had you so angry and spun up that you've spent two weeks on this thread alone crying and sobbing and pleading with me to please stop telling people like you that as long as you keep screaming at the officials and justifying by saying you "paid your 5$ and you'll scream all you want" to nut up and take that class.

Fact #3
There is no way I could have known that you don't have any nuts to nut up with. :mrgreen:

Now, take the class again and maybe you'll learn enough to satisfy you this time.
You keep trying and trying, but like your fact 1, of course people yell at officials heck why don't you tell us the sun is going to rise in the east next time. Fact you failed to mention officials do make mistakes and they do make the wrong call at times, that is a fact as well. You've had me angry and spun?? Dude please this has just been another conversation for me, why would I get angry with it?? I told you exactly what happens and how it will always happen as long as there's officials in any type of game, from pee wee, to the pro's officials get yelled at and it will always happen. Officials make mistakes and that will always happen, people will always believe there team got screwed or hosed on a call these are all the simple facts and reality of the situation. Whether or choose to believe that or buy into that is on you and honestly doesn't effect my world at all. I'd have more of a respect for the conversation once you come to the understanding but it's sort of the can't see the forest for the trees syndrome. You hear the 2 or 3 people screaming every single play and you believe the other 800 ppl at the game must act the same way. I get it from an officials stand point that's probably what it feels like and you probably keep replaying that play in your head wondering did I miss that call or not and next time I'll just let one slip so I don't have to hear it. It's all good man I get where you're coming from and have for quite some time, you believe once the stripes come on you become a genius who makes no mistakes and are untouchable. ALL GOOD man appreciate the work you do but if you mess up and a coach is yelling next time just say, man I missed the call we've got to move on, that goes a long ways you sort of keep doubling down and that doesn't help anyone. Love ya man, good luck this upcoming season.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:29 am
NY Tomcat wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:20 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:10 pm

Poor Poor feller, don't you wish this was actually going anywhere?? :lol: :lol: Again the baseline for your argument is you have none, nothing factual but per speculation. My guess is you're been screamed at so much as a ref, you sit there and think DANG it I took the class I can't be wrong. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Nah man anyone can say I passed this it's a very basic class structured to get ppl out there referring not to fail them, sort of like you paid for the piece of paper didn't make ya any better.
I get it now. You seem to know a lot more about "the class" than anyone on here. You took it didn't you. And you didn't learn anything because you already knew it all, and that's why you are so angry at me for telling you to take the class. :mrgreen:

Good for you bud. Now, for your facts you so desperately want me to divulge:

Fact #1:
People scream at officials. Two of you admitted to it on this thread alone.

Fact #2
I've had you so angry and spun up that you've spent two weeks on this thread alone crying and sobbing and pleading with me to please stop telling people like you that as long as you keep screaming at the officials and justifying by saying you "paid your 5$ and you'll scream all you want" to nut up and take that class.

Fact #3
There is no way I could have known that you don't have any nuts to nut up with. :mrgreen:

Now, take the class again and maybe you'll learn enough to satisfy you this time.
You keep trying and trying, but like your fact 1, of course people yell at officials heck why don't you tell us the sun is going to rise in the east next time. Fact you failed to mention officials do make mistakes and they do make the wrong call at times, that is a fact as well. You've had me angry and spun?? Dude please this has just been another conversation for me, why would I get angry with it?? I told you exactly what happens and how it will always happen as long as there's officials in any type of game, from pee wee, to the pro's officials get yelled at and it will always happen. Officials make mistakes and that will always happen, people will always believe there team got screwed or hosed on a call these are all the simple facts and reality of the situation. Whether or choose to believe that or buy into that is on you and honestly doesn't effect my world at all. I'd have more of a respect for the conversation once you come to the understanding but it's sort of the can't see the forest for the trees syndrome. You hear the 2 or 3 people screaming every single play and you believe the other 800 ppl at the game must act the same way. I get it from an officials stand point that's probably what it feels like and you probably keep replaying that play in your head wondering did I miss that call or not and next time I'll just let one slip so I don't have to hear it. It's all good man I get where you're coming from and have for quite some time, you believe once the stripes come on you become a genius who makes no mistakes and are untouchable. ALL GOOD man appreciate the work you do but if you mess up and a coach is yelling next time just say, man I missed the call we've got to move on, that goes a long ways you sort of keep doubling down and that doesn't help anyone. Love ya man, good luck this upcoming season.
It's interesting that you as a screamer want to keep people from taking the class and learning about officiating. Is that because you don't want the officiating to "improve" because you enjoy the screaming so much? I've realized it's not facts you want, but alternative facts instead that support your argument. The one good thing about you though is that you admit to being an really angry screaming fan and you like it when all "800" fans are screaming at the officials. To you screamers I say, take the class and be part of the solution. To you goose, I hope you get your fill of screaming at the officials this season. :mrgreen:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Your understanding is so slim it borders on funny, I said I have screamed at officials. Didn't say I scream every play, gotta keep up. Next where did I tell ppl not to take the class?? Just curious because that wasn't said, you just have to officiate better in order to keep from getting screamed at. Help your buddies that you know on the sidelines and keep them happy then the coaches won't be on ya, LOL. It's all good man you've more than proved my point about individuals not truly learning from the classes but they pass them regardless because they need the numbers and then sit there and wonder uh why are they yelling. LOL pretty ironic.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:18 am Your understanding is so slim it borders on funny, I said I have screamed at officials. Didn't say I scream every play, gotta keep up. Next where did I tell ppl not to take the class?? Just curious because that wasn't said, you just have to officiate better in order to keep from getting screamed at. Help your buddies that you know on the sidelines and keep them happy then the coaches won't be on ya, LOL. It's all good man you've more than proved my point about individuals not truly learning from the classes but they pass them regardless because they need the numbers and then sit there and wonder uh why are they yelling. LOL pretty ironic.
The one good thing is I've forced you to go back and reread the previous posts. Maybe if you read slower you'll comprehend better. I really think if we can get you past that one call that you just know you were right about and the official was so wrong about you may stop being so angry and to stop blaming the officials for all your losses. I get it, you love that built in excuse though LOL. Your anger is clouding your judgement ole bud. Now come on screamer, take the class and take your best bud 84 with you. In fact, all you screamers need to take the class. :mrgreen:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

NY Tomcat wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:20 am
greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:18 am Your understanding is so slim it borders on funny, I said I have screamed at officials. Didn't say I scream every play, gotta keep up. Next where did I tell ppl not to take the class?? Just curious because that wasn't said, you just have to officiate better in order to keep from getting screamed at. Help your buddies that you know on the sidelines and keep them happy then the coaches won't be on ya, LOL. It's all good man you've more than proved my point about individuals not truly learning from the classes but they pass them regardless because they need the numbers and then sit there and wonder uh why are they yelling. LOL pretty ironic.
The one good thing is I've forced you to go back and reread the previous posts. Maybe if you read slower you'll comprehend better. I really think if we can get you past that one call that you just know you were right about and the official was so wrong about you may stop being so angry and to stop blaming the officials for all your losses. I get it, you love that built in excuse though LOL. Your anger is clouding your judgement ole bud. Now come on screamer, take the class and take your best bud 84 with you. In fact, all you screamers need to take the class. :mrgreen:
It's amazing to me how touchy you officials are, I guess you guys really do hear the people and listen to them. When I was on the sidelines I didn't hear anyone yelling or booing but I'm built differently I guess. You're really making officials look bad, making them look so thin skinned. It's a shame, must've not have taught that in class.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:09 am
It's amazing to me how touchy you officials are, I guess you guys really do hear the people and listen to them. When I was on the sidelines I didn't hear anyone yelling or booing but I'm built differently I guess. You're really making officials look bad, making them look so thin skinned. It's a shame, must've not have taught that in class.
WOW you do think a lot of yourself don't you. Full of self promotion and patting yourself on the back. But everyone has to be good at something and you are the quintessential "those danged refs cost us the game" type of fan, so you might be better to just keep being you. I can tell you are getting curious by your questions about the class. It doesn't look like any official is going to answer your questions so you should just take the class with some of the other screamers and you may find your answers. Until then just hope those danged officials don't cheat your team this year. If they do you can team up with Koony and 84 and scream at them. Now, get signed up and take the class. :mrgreen:

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

As a coach I always appreciated fans like greygoose and Koondoger yelling and berating the refs when they make a bad call. We can't get away with as much of that when we're on the sidelines but the fans can scream and complain about them quite a bit. Plus they don't have to pay a fine if they get tossed like the coach does. So I say yell and scream when the call is obviously bad but don't cuss too much or they'll toss you and you take yourself out of the game.

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

This yelling and "screaming" at the refs and the applauding of it must be a Southern Ohio thing. I can honestly say I've not heard much if any of that from our fans. But we win a lot so maybe that's it. My guess is that you guys saying you yell and blame the officials also lose a lot. Just a hunch. :o

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

NY Tomcat wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:23 am

WOW you do think a lot of yourself don't you. Full of self promotion and patting yourself on the back. But everyone has to be good at something and you are the quintessential "those danged refs cost us the game" type of fan, so you might be better to just keep being you. I can tell you are getting curious by your questions about the class. It doesn't look like any official is going to answer your questions so you should just take the class with some of the other screamers and you may find your answers. Until then just hope those danged officials don't cheat your team this year. If they do you can team up with Koony and 84 and scream at them. Now, get signed up and take the class. :mrgreen:
It was fun man but at this point you're simply not bringing anything to the table but random opinion and saying the same thing over and over again. Have a great season, planning on hitting up different teams to check them out. I'll look for the official covering his ears to check in on ya. Later man. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:27 pm

It was fun man but at this point you're simply not bringing anything to the table but random opinion and saying the same thing over and over again. Have a great season, planning on hitting up different teams to check them out. I'll look for the official covering his ears to check in on ya. Later man. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Quitting huh? Yea, that doesn't surprise me. And blaming me for you quitting fits your M.O. But hey, at least you're not blaming an official for this one LOL. Hey I hope I enlightened you over the past 2+ weeks. If nothing else it was fun to read through your tirades and goad you into them. Now, take the class with some of the other screamers. :mrgreen:

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Okay people now that GG Screamer has bowed out, (whew that was a long two weeks we'll never get back LOL), we can get back to the topic at hand. I see some of you on here agree with me that screaming at the officials is senseless and uncalled for while a few others condone it. My question to the latter is, do you not find it irritating to hear some misguided sole like GG, 84, Koony, or meathead screaming "that's an uncatchable ball (akin to "thats' over the back" in basketball)..." or "you want my glasses..." or "hey I paid my $5 so I can scream all I want..."? If so, wouldn't you rather them take the class and become part of the solution rather than just continue to scream? I know I sure would so I can enjoy watching the game without hearing all that screaming and insanity. :mrgreen:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

NY Tomcat wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:31 pm

Quitting huh? Yea, that doesn't surprise me. And blaming me for you quitting fits your M.O. But hey, at least you're not blaming an official for this one LOL. Hey I hope I enlightened you over the past 2+ weeks. If nothing else it was fun to read through your tirades and goad you into them. Now, take the class with some of the other screamers. :mrgreen:
Nah, you've just bored me with zero factual information. You're worse than the screaming fans you complain about, at least they have a stance in which they're behind right or wrong. You just talk for the sake of talking and say but but I said...yeah yeah you took a class and somehow you think it made you smarter, stay at a Holiday Inn Express really drive it home. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

meatswinger wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:31 am As a coach I always appreciated fans like greygoose and Koondoger yelling and berating the refs when they make a bad call. We can't get away with as much of that when we're on the sidelines but the fans can scream and complain about them quite a bit. Plus they don't have to pay a fine if they get tossed like the coach does. So I say yell and scream when the call is obviously bad but don't cuss too much or they'll toss you and you take yourself out of the game.
I agree with you on this coach about the fans letting the zebras hear it on a bad call. But it's funny you bring this up when you buddsuckers used to hire the cheatenest refs known to man down there back when you was strolling the sidelines. Some of them good ole boys seemed to have walked out of the local tavern and onto the field to call the game. :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:59 pm

Nah, you've just bored me with zero factual information. You're worse than the screaming fans you complain about, at least they have a stance in which they're behind right or wrong. You just talk for the sake of talking and say but but I said...yeah yeah you took a class and somehow you think it made you smarter, stay at a Holiday Inn Express really drive it home. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I see I was able to goad you into making another post GG. Wow you really are thick LOL. Ole GG Screamer, our latest officiating expert straight outta the class. How were your first couple of days of the class? :mrgreen:

Good job GG, now join me in convincing some of the other screamers to take the class. :mrgreen:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Kirkland80 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:27 pm This yelling and "screaming" at the refs and the applauding of it must be a Southern Ohio thing. I can honestly say I've not heard much if any of that from our fans. But we win a lot so maybe that's it. My guess is that you guys saying you yell and blame the officials also lose a lot. Just a hunch. :o
Nah, I've been to games all over and it's not limited to one area. You hit the nail on the head though, winning is the cure for all, unless you guys are in a close game or find yourself trailing you're not going to hear that.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

NY Tomcat wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:07 pm

I see I was able to goad you into making another post GG. Wow you really are thick LOL. Ole GG Screamer, our latest officiating expert straight outta the class. How were your first couple of days of the class? :mrgreen:

Good job GG, now join me in convincing some of the other screamers to take the class. :mrgreen:
I wish that was the case we've been getting a good laugh on this end on how you keep responding these last several post. On pins and needles waiting to see what you post next trying to educate the masses. LOL

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:37 pm
NY Tomcat wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:07 pm

I wish that was the case we've been getting a good laugh on this end on how you keep responding these last several post. On pins and needles waiting to see what you post next trying to educate the masses. LOL
Got you again I see LOL. I understand, it's a no winner for you with your deep seated anger making you want to respond but if you do you know I goaded you into it. I laud your effort of never giving up nor admitting you made a mistake but I thought in one of your posts you claimed to be a coach. If you are I bet people on here hope the teams they follow play you because you spend most of your time here on SEOPS telling everyone how smart you are instead of coaching LOL. Now, how's the class going so far? Thanks again for helping me spread the word to your fellow screamers to take the class. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”