Football Officiating Class to begin July 26

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Re: Football Officiating Class to begin July 26

Post by NY Tomcat »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:23 pm
Kirkland80 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:27 pm This yelling and "screaming" at the refs and the applauding of it must be a Southern Ohio thing. I can honestly say I've not heard much if any of that from our fans. But we win a lot so maybe that's it. My guess is that you guys saying you yell and blame the officials also lose a lot. Just a hunch. :o
Nah, I've been to games all over and it's not limited to one area. You hit the nail on the head though, winning is the cure for all, unless you guys are in a close game or find yourself trailing you're not going to hear that.
You tell him GG Scream. Surely you know more about his team and his area than he does. There may be nothing about high school football that you aren't an expert on, and if they don't believe that all they have to do is ask you. :mrgreen:

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:18 am Your understanding is so slim it borders on funny, I said I have screamed at officials. Didn't say I scream every play, gotta keep up. Next where did I tell ppl not to take the class?? Just curious because that wasn't said, you just have to officiate better in order to keep from getting screamed at. Help your buddies that you know on the sidelines and keep them happy then the coaches won't be on ya, LOL. It's all good man you've more than proved my point about individuals not truly learning from the classes but they pass them regardless because they need the numbers and then sit there and wonder uh why are they yelling. LOL pretty ironic.
I have been reading and laughing at your stupid arse circular reasoning for awhile now. It seems obvious to me that you know more about this topic than anyone and yet you won’t “nut up” and take an officiating class. You are either part of the solution or you are part of the problem. Your actions speak so much louder than your words, chicken boy!

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Howard Cosell wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:12 am
greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:18 am Your understanding is so slim it borders on funny, I said I have screamed at officials. Didn't say I scream every play, gotta keep up. Next where did I tell ppl not to take the class?? Just curious because that wasn't said, you just have to officiate better in order to keep from getting screamed at. Help your buddies that you know on the sidelines and keep them happy then the coaches won't be on ya, LOL. It's all good man you've more than proved my point about individuals not truly learning from the classes but they pass them regardless because they need the numbers and then sit there and wonder uh why are they yelling. LOL pretty ironic.
I have been reading and laughing at your stupid arse circular reasoning for awhile now. It seems obvious to me that you know more about this topic than anyone and yet you won’t “nut up” and take an officiating class. You are either part of the solution or you are part of the problem. Your actions speak so much louder than your words, chicken boy!
Careful now Howard or GG will accuse you of being an official. :mrgreen:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Appreciate the compliment, I can see it took you awhile to recognize this but ultimately you come to the understanding on it. Curious though what's the solution and what's the problem?? That's never really been outlined, because really the ultimate problem would be a lack of officials, now some paint it out like the problem is screaming coaches and fans. Now what's the solution?? Pay them more money?? Have fans remain calm during all games so more people would be willing to be an official?? These are the questions that haven't been answered and since you mentioned solution and problem maybe you have some insight into what those truly are. Appreciate ya.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

NY Tomcat wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:31 am
Kirkland80 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:27 pm This yelling and "screaming" at the refs and the applauding of it must be a Southern Ohio thing. I can honestly say I've not heard much if any of that from our fans. But we win a lot so maybe that's it. My guess is that you guys saying you yell and blame the officials also lose a lot. Just a hunch. :o
Nah, I've been to games all over and it's not limited to one area. You hit the nail on the head though, winning is the cure for all, unless you guys are in a close game or find yourself trailing you're not going to hear that.
You tell him GG Scream. Surely you know more about his team and his area than he does. There may be nothing about high school football that you aren't an expert on, and if they don't believe that all they have to do is ask you. :mrgreen:
Took you a few pages but you finally got it.... ;)

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

greygoose wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:12 pm
NY Tomcat wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:31 am

Took you a few pages but you finally got it.... ;)
How's the class going? Oh, and I goaded you again. :mrgreen:

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

greygoose wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:11 pm
Appreciate the compliment, I can see it took you awhile to recognize this but ultimately you come to the understanding on it. Curious though what's the solution and what's the problem?? That's never really been outlined, because really the ultimate problem would be a lack of officials, now some paint it out like the problem is screaming coaches and fans. Now what's the solution?? Pay them more money?? Have fans remain calm during all games so more people would be willing to be an official?? These are the questions that haven't been answered and since you mentioned solution and problem maybe you have some insight into what those truly are. Appreciate ya.
Why you asking him when I've been giving you the solution. The screamers need to take the class. Oh yea, you figured it out and signed up for the class. How's it going so far? :mrgreen:

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

I guess you are just too dumb to see the sarcasm in my comments. As the old saying goes you are literally too stupid to insult. As for being part of the solution, just keep working hard in class and give us an update once in awhile.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

You 2 must be sharing a brain because neither of you have offered a solution to the problem let alone said what the problem is. Always up for good banter but when it's so one sided I do get bored, I thought Cosell jumping in from the peanut gallery could spice it up but he simply fell flat. NY couldn't figure out his argument on page 1 and here we are page 3 and he's still searching. Guys figure out which one of ya wants to work the brain today and get back with me, as for now this has been a yawn fest for myself. I mean once you guys hit the kindergarten baseline mentality for insults I'm pretty sure ya'll hit the end of the line in a conversation neither were equipped for. "Mic drop"

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Howard Cosell wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:48 pm I guess you are just too dumb to see the sarcasm in my comments. As the old saying goes you are literally too stupid to insult. As for being part of the solution, just keep working hard in class and give us an update once in awhile.
LOL he is rather thick headed and paper thin skinned. But at least he is taking the class. The only problem I see with that is he'll probably scream at himself while he's officiating and neither persona will be willing to admit he's wrong. :mrgreen:

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

greygoose wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:00 pm You 2 must be sharing a brain because neither of you have offered a solution to the problem let alone said what the problem is. Always up for good banter but when it's so one sided I do get bored, I thought Cosell jumping in from the peanut gallery could spice it up but he simply fell flat. NY couldn't figure out his argument on page 1 and here we are page 3 and he's still searching. Guys figure out which one of ya wants to work the brain today and get back with me, as for now this has been a yawn fest for myself. I mean once you guys hit the kindergarten baseline mentality for insults I'm pretty sure ya'll hit the end of the line in a conversation neither were equipped for. "Mic drop"
Goaded you again LOL. FYI: the problem was getting screamers like you to take the class. A resolution has been reached by you signing up for the class. BTW Hows' the class going? :mrgreen:

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

Well then, looks like you answered your own question. Just make your team better so you can win more and be mad at the officials less. Seems simple.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Kirkland80 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:12 pm
Well then, looks like you answered your own question. Just make your team better so you can win more and be mad at the officials less. Seems simple.
LOL, man if it were that simple. The spoils have Kirtland have really shed you from the reality of 99.9% of the rest of the programs especially small ones in the state, smaller programs typically have to wait for that run on athletes to guide them through. Where Kirtland has found a way to repeat that success regardless of what group comes through, it's quite remarkable really to think about that sustained success especially lower division. The MAC is another group that simply has sustained success.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

greygoose wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:00 pm You 2 must be sharing a brain because neither of you have offered a solution to the problem let alone said what the problem is. Always up for good banter but when it's so one sided I do get bored, I thought Cosell jumping in from the peanut gallery could spice it up but he simply fell flat. NY couldn't figure out his argument on page 1 and here we are page 3 and he's still searching. Guys figure out which one of ya wants to work the brain today and get back with me, as for now this has been a yawn fest for myself. I mean once you guys hit the kindergarten baseline mentality for insults I'm pretty sure ya'll hit the end of the line in a conversation neither were equipped for. "Mic drop"
I get it that maybe class has been harder for you than you expected. My guess is you don’t have time to really study what with having yo be at practice and all. Maybe hire a tutor. Farmer Yoder ?

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

I have to admit I love hearing some all knowing coach and/or fan tell how a ref cost their team a game. But the most interesting fans I know of are the Athens bunch. No matter the score of the game they always have a plethora of negative comments for the refs. If they don't make a call they get yelled at and insulted. Then if they do make the call they get to hear, "it's about time..." I always enjoyed listing to Gibby do the games. He's never met an official he liked, and Athens has never lost a game he's done that the refs didn't screw them LOL. But the best ever thing to watch was when ole Skinny would chase the refs off the floor after a loss LMAO. Yea, I sure do enjoy me some Athens games. :mrgreen:

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Pat wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:40 pm I have to admit I love hearing some all knowing coach and/or fan tell how a ref cost their team a game. But the most interesting fans I know of are the Athens bunch. No matter the score of the game they always have a plethora of negative comments for the refs. If they don't make a call they get yelled at and insulted. Then if they do make the call they get to hear, "it's about time..." I always enjoyed listing to Gibby do the games. He's never met an official he liked, and Athens has never lost a game he's done that the refs didn't screw them LOL. But the best ever thing to watch was when ole Skinny would chase the refs off the floor after a loss LMAO. Yea, I sure do enjoy me some Athens games. :mrgreen:
Yes Gibby was a riot. He could criticize the officials and make you laugh while he was doing it. But some of those Athens fans were brutal LOL. Especially when it was "those danged Glouster refs," which coincidentally were "Skinny's" favorite crew. :mrgreen:

Kurgan74
JV Team

Post by Kurgan74 »

Wow...I did not realize posting a new officiating class would get this many comments.

I have enjoyed some of the banter for sure.

I am considering posting some real world play situations on this site and seeing what the correct call should be.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Kurgan74 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:15 pm Wow...I did not realize posting a new officiating class would get this many comments.

I have enjoyed some of the banter for sure.

I am considering posting some real world play situations on this site and seeing what the correct call should be.
No need, just PM GG and he'll tell you how smart he is and tell you what the "correct" call should be. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”