Offensive Guru Conference

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Offensive Guru Conference

Post by Wings Teaford »

Any a you offense wizards and masterminds willing to meet up and talk chalk? Like to see what else besides the Wing-T is unstoppable. Comment on here yer thoughts. Thanks.

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
koondoger
JV Team

Re: Offensive Guru Conference

Post by koondoger »

I know a guy who's all in on this. Over 20 years as a jr high coach and won over 90% of his games. He's the only coach in school history to ever win a state championship. He is so innovative offensively that the varsity team adopted what he was doing, and that led to them two state runner up seasons. He's really humble too, but I know him really well so I know I can get him for this. If you want an unstoppable offense this is your guy. Let me know when you want him. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

We have two coaches who I bet would come be speakers. Our current HC is best offensive mind in Ohio division. Plus, we have NFL as a past coach. Nobody was able to stop his offense and I bet he would share some of his secrets now.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:20 am We have two coaches who I bet would come be speakers. Our current HC is best offensive mind in Ohio division. Plus, we have NFL as a past coach. Nobody was able to stop his offense and I bet he would share some of his secrets now.
Trimble hung a goose egg on that "NFL" coach ya'll had, so that offense wasn't unstoppable. Not sure about your current guy though. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

There has never been an offense in the SE district like the 2014 Athens Bulldogs with Joe Burrow. That team destroyed everyone on their schedule, including scoring 60 at perennial power Steubenville. Athens lost in the state championship game 56-52 to Toledo Central Catholic only because their defense couldn't stop the Irish. I believe that Athens scored just under 800 points that season.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

trojandave wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:58 am There has never been an offense in the SE district like the 2014 Athens Bulldogs with Joe Burrow. That team destroyed everyone on their schedule, including scoring 60 at perennial power Steubenville. Athens lost in the state championship game 56-52 to Toledo Central Catholic only because their defense couldn't stop the Irish. I believe that Athens scored just under 800 points that season.
Yes and that "unstoppable" offense hasn't worked as well since then. Not even close. So, I guess if you want an unstoppable offense one way is to just get you a Heisman caliber QB, a couple D1 receivers and throw in a D1 RB for good measure LOL. Can you say, great players make coaches look great? :mrgreen:

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

In the six states that I have followed high school football over the years there always have been smaller (usually) schools that find success with the wing-t, wish bone, or the single wing. Offenses that are based on misdirection and which
are not commonly seen can wreck havoc. Still despite the X's and O's, you have to have the atheletes to make any system work. Of course in South Carolina over the last few years all teams are capable of putting up big offensive numbers because no one seems to teach defense and tackling.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

koondoger wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:37 am
MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:20 am We have two coaches who I bet would come be speakers. Our current HC is best offensive mind in Ohio division. Plus, we have NFL as a past coach. Nobody was able to stop his offense and I bet he would share some of his secrets now.
Trimble hung a goose egg on that "NFL" coach ya'll had, so that offense wasn't unstoppable. Not sure about your current guy though. :mrgreen:
The new guy is da bomb. Wish we played ya'll now. He'd have your defense tied up in knots. :mrgreen:

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Yes, I accept. Get me the date that I am to speak so I can get flyers made up. I expect a standing room only crowd but I want to make sure everyone who wants to come and learn has the opportunity to do so, so if we need a bigger venue we can make that happen. And yes, we will discuss unstoppable trick plays too. Just wait until you see the plethora of fake punts and on-side kick (aka: "avalanche"), plays we have schemed up. :mrgreen:

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

trojandave wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:58 am There has never been an offense in the SE district like the 2014 Athens Bulldogs with Joe Burrow. That team destroyed everyone on their schedule, including scoring 60 at perennial power Steubenville. Athens lost in the state championship game 56-52 to Toledo Central Catholic only because their defense couldn't stop the Irish. I believe that Athens scored just under 800 points that season.
Athens was virtually unstoppable back then. But I think that coach left. They should have kept him, or at least kept running the same offense. They haven't been as good offensively since then.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:18 am
Athens was virtually unstoppable back then. But I think that coach left. They should have kept him, or at least kept running the same offense. They haven't been as good offensively since then.
I think they're still running the same offense.... They just don't have Joe Burrow, Trey Williams, and the Luehrman brothers (All DI college players), lol

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

loganlocos wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:00 am
I think they're still running the same offense.... They just don't have Joe Burrow, Trey Williams, and the Luehrman brothers (All DI college players), lol
Was told the guy who called the plays back then got a job at a big college calling plays due to no defense being able to stop their offense. Maybe that is not true, but what I was told. Is that coach still there calling the plays?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:13 am

Was told the guy who called the plays back then got a job at a big college calling plays due to no defense being able to stop their offense. Maybe that is not true, but what I was told. Is that coach still there calling the plays?
Coach Adams stepped down but is still a teacher last I knew. The offensive coordinator when Burrow was there is the head coach now.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:00 am I think they're still running the same offense.... They just don't have Joe Burrow, Trey Williams, and the Luehrman brothers (All DI college players), lol
Yeah the same offense but the 9-2 Athens team a few years ago had more rushing yards than passing yards. Football is still about the line play

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:28 am
loganlocos wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:00 am I think they're still running the same offense.... They just don't have Joe Burrow, Trey Williams, and the Luehrman brothers (All DI college players), lol
Yeah the same offense but the 9-2 Athens team a few years ago had more rushing yards than passing yards. Football is still about the line play
Absolutely - the game is still won and lost in the trenches. I like the offense they run.

Need a good quarterback to really make it go.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Why not run the power T? Ironton did it and dominated for decades. Disciplined, hard nosed football can still win.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:21 am Why not run the power T? Ironton did it and dominated for decades. Disciplined, hard nosed football can still win.
Absolutely. I will argue with anyone it doesn't matter what offense you run or how much of a "offensive guru" you are. At high schools, especially smaller ones like our area, it's all about the kids. You can't hand pick what suites your offense. I heard it for 30 years at West they should pass more. That's not what the kids on the field were made for. This group now, maybe more so. Point is if you have the kids suited for it, you can dominate. Including the T.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

loganlocos wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:35 am
The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:13 am

Coach Adams stepped down but is still a teacher last I knew. The offensive coordinator when Burrow was there is the head coach now.
Oh, okay. I remember the old guy that coached Jr high for them back when they were "unstoppable" was bragging that the system was unstoppable and the "mastermind" running it had been offered several college positions. I just figured he'd be gone by now since Athens has faltered and are no longer "unstoppable."

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

loganlocos wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:48 am Absolutely - the game is still won and lost in the trenches. I like the offense they run.

Need a good quarterback to really make it go.
Yep. That team had a 6’5 300 pound starting tackle for Ohio University.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Will the real guru Jim Pancake (of Caad Well fame) be speaking at this? :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”