Ironton 7 on 7 - 23 July - 11 am - at the Tank

TigerMania
JV Team

Re: Ironton 7 on 7 - 23 July - 11 am - at the Tank

Post by TigerMania »

Kirtland80, how you all looking for this year?

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

I thought you would promise.By the way,Ironton has several kids at the 1000lb level,plus quite a few at the900 level.They also have one at 1100 level.Strength means a lot but obviously it’s not everything as the Tigers know by playing you guys.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:00 pm I thought you would promise.By the way,Ironton has several kids at the 1000lb level,plus quite a few at the900 level.They also have one at 1100 level.Strength means a lot but obviously it’s not everything as the Tigers know by playing you guys.
We all know Arnold Schwarzenegger would’ve been a 5 star linebacker :o :roll:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

artisgilmore wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:00 pm I thought you would promise.By the way,Ironton has several kids at the 1000lb level,plus quite a few at the900 level.They also have one at 1100 level.Strength means a lot but obviously it’s not everything as the Tigers know by playing you guys.
Man if lifting was the main thing that drove teams to winning year in and year out and state championship after state championship you'd have teams all over the state saying forget the 1000lb level we're striving for 1200. Take a team like Kirtland since that's sort of the gold standard right now, are they strong yep, but so are the guys they're going against. They are a very technically sound team that in the trenches are taught considerably well in the hand to hand aspects of things and the speed in which they operate. If they're quicker off the ball, which in most cases they are they have that advantage right off the bat every play. They also play sound, mistake free football and the hold serve long enough for the other team to mess up or get cute with something. It's much much more than saying we lift a lot that's why we're better.

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

I sure hope you fellas maintain that way of thinking. Those boys in the MAC had that same attitude. We sure did appreciate it when we played them the last few times too. We'll just keep thinking how we think and we hope you do too. :D

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Your reign is over. Sullivan ain’t walking through that door

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Forgive me.Whos Sullivan?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Kirkland80 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:17 pm I sure hope you fellas maintain that way of thinking. Those boys in the MAC had that same attitude. We sure did appreciate it when we played them the last few times too. We'll just keep thinking how we think and we hope you do too. :D
Correct, everyone gives Kirtland all these props for the lifting program but it's much much more than that.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:59 pm Forgive me.Whos Sullivan?
The best player on the field in last year’s championship game. Maybe not prospect but he was the best player on the field that day.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:10 pm
The best player on the field in last year’s championship game. Maybe not prospect but he was the best player on the field that day.
Both brothers were fierce.

One graduates, but Gage , the 6-4 /209 FB/WR returns.

No ONE will challenge Kirtland again, unless a MAC school moves up a Division, an all parochial school emerges in D5 @ the level of play of Columbus DeSales exhibits, 4 example, or Harvest prep continues as fierce as they were at IronTon last year with improvement.
If HP does that, they will challenge for region champs.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:19 pm Your reign is over. Sullivan ain’t walking through that door
Wheelersburg has to worry about making it there first.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:10 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:10 pm
Both brothers were fierce.

One graduates, but Gage , the 6-4 /209 FB/WR returns.

No ONE will challenge Kirtland again, unless a MAC school moves up a Division, an all parochial school emerges in D5 @ the level of play of Columbus DeSales exhibits, 4 example, or Harvest prep continues as fierce as they were at IronTon last year with improvement.
If HP does that, they will challenge for region champs.
I think you hit it just right, I look for Harvest Prep to continue where they left off and be the main challenge for the crown.

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:40 pm
Kirkland80 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:17 pm I sure hope you fellas maintain that way of thinking. Those boys in the MAC had that same attitude. We sure did appreciate it when we played them the last few times too. We'll just keep thinking how we think and we hope you do too. :D
Correct, everyone gives Kirtland all these props for the lifting program but it's much much more than that.
Yes, that was just the tip of it all. But I'm okay with them not getting it too.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Kirkland80 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:14 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:40 pm
Yes, that was just the tip of it all. But I'm okay with them not getting it too.
Hey it's what separates them from the rest of the pack right now.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:37 am
Man if lifting was the main thing that drove teams to winning year in and year out and state championship after state championship you'd have teams all over the state saying forget the 1000lb level we're striving for 1200. Take a team like Kirtland since that's sort of the gold standard right now, are they strong yep, but so are the guys they're going against. They are a very technically sound team that in the trenches are taught considerably well in the hand to hand aspects of things and the speed in which they operate. If they're quicker off the ball, which in most cases they are they have that advantage right off the bat every play. They also play sound, mistake free football and the hold serve long enough for the other team to mess up or get cute with something. It's much much more than saying we lift a lot that's why we're better.
Better technique, and they were faster off the ball. More deliberate. More comfortable under the pressure. It wasn't just strength at all.

Return to “Football”