Unioto vs Amanda WEEK 2

ACfans
Waterboy

Unioto vs Amanda WEEK 2

Post by ACfans »

Playing at Unioto. Went past their field recently and it looked "burnt up". Whole field looked like dead grass.
Project or mistake? Gonna be ready in a month?

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Re: Unioto vs Amanda WEEK 2

Post by Bumpy »

About a month ago I saw what appeared to be mounds of topsoil laying on top of the existing field, I just assume they were spreading new dirt and reseeding it. About a week after that there were several sprinklers watering it. Maybe you saw the straw or whatever else they were covering it with.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dang wrong time to be trying to grow the grass.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:51 pm Dang wrong time to be trying to grow the grass.
It didn’t look good the other day.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

It’s a quick growing surface that should be ready by Week 2. They don’t have any home scrimmages and are away in Week 1

They put a similar surface on the soccer field last summer and it was ready in early August with a similar planting date.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

When is turf in the working? I’m sure they have enough Cares Act money to get it done.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

smurray wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:44 am When is turf in the working? I’m sure they have enough Cares Act money to get it done.
We will never get turf. When finished the new grass will be amazing. Next best thing to turf we could do. School built the new locker rooms. Everything else has to be raised by the football team.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:48 am It’s a quick growing surface that should be ready by Week 2. They don’t have any home scrimmages and are away in Week 1

They put a similar surface on the soccer field last summer and it was ready in early August with a similar planting date.
How did the field hold up though?? I mean getting some grass to come up is one thing getting it to come in thick and hold is another, still not sure why if you were going to do this move it wouldn't have been directly after the football season or very early spring. Either way hopefully it comes in and holds up well for everyone involved.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

greygoose wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:13 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:48 am It’s a quick growing surface that should be ready by Week 2. They don’t have any home scrimmages and are away in Week 1

How did the field hold up though?? I mean getting some grass to come up is one thing getting it to come in thick and hold is another, still not sure why if you were going to do this move it wouldn't have been directly after the football season or very early spring. Either way hopefully it comes in and holds up well for everyone involved.
Well, there was no issue the entire season, even with multiple games on it most nights during the season and an extended postseason.

Maybe the timing wasn’t great, but looking at the football field today and it looks like it is coming in pretty well. They may have held off for a while so they could have outdoor graduation on the field.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

smurray wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:44 am When is turf in the working? I’m sure they have enough Cares Act money to get it done.
Not gonna happen. We have way too many other things that need addressed to spend that much money on the football field. Scoreboards for each sport that haven’t been updated in around 20 years, computers and other technological updates for the classrooms, buses were purchased as well. I’m sure there are some other pieces as well.

The field will be outstanding when it is finished and will have been at a fraction of the cost of turf. Turf is great if you have the funding to replace it when needed, which won’t always be true at a school that doesn’t have a true community behind it.

ACfans
Waterboy

Post by ACfans »

Bumpy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:37 pm About a month ago I saw what appeared to be mounds of topsoil laying on top of the existing field, I just assume they were spreading new dirt and reseeding it. About a week after that there were several sprinklers watering it. Maybe you saw the straw or whatever else they were covering it with.
Very possible it was straw. I wondered that at the time but the way it was sticking up it looked more like dead weeds instead of straw which
would lay flat....unless they didn't use a blower and spread it all by hand then you'd expect some pieces "standing up".
Curious to see it in a few weeks.

ACfans
Waterboy

Post by ACfans »

Just hoping there's no injuries because of grass giving away.
No injuries last year with the soccer field being redone? Soccer can have more lower body injuries than football.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:09 pm
Not gonna happen. We have way too many other things that need addressed to spend that much money on the football field. Scoreboards for each sport that haven’t been updated in around 20 years, computers and other technological updates for the classrooms, buses were purchased as well. I’m sure there are some other pieces as well.

The field will be outstanding when it is finished and will have been at a fraction of the cost of turf. Turf is great if you have the funding to replace it when needed, which won’t always be true at a school that doesn’t have a true community behind it.
Yeah Unioto strikes me as one of those schools that's proud to be on grass even though everyone else around them is on turf, sort of like a calling card. Nothing wrong with it especially if it's maintained, but I've seen some REALLY bad grass fields over the years and in my mind some become unsafe to play on.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Administration decision to not have turf. Put in a water system few years ago so idk what that had to do with it. Only reason we knew about that grass was the soccer team got it. We are definitely not trying to be too good for turf idk what you are implying. I realize unioto is the hated school in the area but it gets pretty old. Usually you bash on rivals or teams that win all the time. Idk why we get so much hate but I’ve only been here for 8years or so maybe it is a history I’m not aware of.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Rolltanks wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:04 pm Administration decision to not have turf. Put in a water system few years ago so idk what that had to do with it. Only reason we knew about that grass was the soccer team got it. We are definitely not trying to be too good for turf idk what you are implying. I realize unioto is the hated school in the area but it gets pretty old. Usually you bash on rivals or teams that win all the time. Idk why we get so much hate but I’ve only been here for 8years or so maybe it is a history I’m not aware of.
Man did you steer yourself about 180 degrees away from what I was talking about. My statement was exactly what it was, so please don't make implications like you are or try to make yourself to be some sort of victim for some unknown reason. Some schools I view as just the school that will have grass as their calling card, nothing more nothing less was implied man nor was there any bashing of any sort implied to my statement. Not sure what all issues you've had there but I've got none with Unioto but man you seem sensitive about it. Honestly sounds like you're making WAY more out of something that truly isn't there, maybe it's just me but I haven't come across anyone nor have I seen where people hate Unioto. Maybe this is some sort of motivation for you guys or something but at least from where I stand and those who have discussed Unioto seems to be only in your mind if you believe that.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Series History:

1980: A-C 28 Unioto 15
1981: Unioto 19 A-C 0
1982: Unioto 16 A-C 0
1983: A-C 12 Unioto 0
1984: A-C 20 Unioto 3
1985: Unioto 26 A-C 24
1986: A-C 22 Unioto 21
1989: A-C 41 Unioto 0
1990: A-C 35 Unioto 9
2019: A-C 32 Unioto 14

A-C 7 wins Unioto 3 Wins

ACfans
Waterboy

Post by ACfans »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:11 pm Series History:

1980: A-C 28 Unioto 15
1981: Unioto 19 A-C 0
1982: Unioto 16 A-C 0
1983: A-C 12 Unioto 0
1984: A-C 20 Unioto 3
1985: Unioto 26 A-C 24
1986: A-C 22 Unioto 21
1989: A-C 41 Unioto 0
1990: A-C 35 Unioto 9
2019: A-C 32 Unioto 14

A-C 7 wins Unioto 3 Wins
Prediction for this year Jason?

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

If A-C can be more physical up front on both sides of the ball, then they’ll win. Turnovers, particularly where they occur on the field, will predicate the score, too. I do think that Unioto definitely stands a chance if they win they weather the storm early in the game, settle in quickly, and win field position on the majority of the possessions.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

https://twitter.com/uniotofootball/sta ... 16486?s=21

Field looks fine now. I guess we will see how much worse it is in another month

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:15 pm If A-C can be more physical up front on both sides of the ball, then they’ll win. Turnovers, particularly where they occur on the field, will predicate the score, too. I do think that Unioto definitely stands a chance if they win they weather the storm early in the game, settle in quickly, and win field position on the majority of the possessions.
Without having the game last year I have no idea what ac has coming in. How will you guys stack up with bloom Carroll, I’ve seen there skill guys in 7-7

Return to “Football”