Streaming games in 2021??

greygoose
SEOPS

Streaming games in 2021??

Post by greygoose »

We all know how 2020 was and I believe a lot of people were able to watch teams they might not got to see without the streaming. I know capacities are going back to normal, for now anyways, but what schools are out there, if any, that is going to keep the streaming option available??

2Time
Freshman Team

Re: Streaming games in 2021??

Post by 2Time »

Several Schools are I know we will be covering Wellston and Vinton County. I believe most schools were offered a setup through NFHS Network to continue live streaming. OHSAA has amended their regulations and are allowing live streaming of football for the foreseeable future.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

2Time wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:54 pm Several Schools are I know we will be covering Wellston and Vinton County. I believe most schools were offered a setup through NFHS Network to continue live streaming. OHSAA has amended their regulations and are allowing live streaming of football for the foreseeable future.
Thanks that's good to hear, I was wondering how many might go that route and I know a lot of schools simply streamed through facebook.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:08 pm
2Time wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:54 pm Several Schools are I know we will be covering Wellston and Vinton County. I believe most schools were offered a setup through NFHS Network to continue live streaming. OHSAA has amended their regulations and are allowing live streaming of football for the foreseeable future.
Thanks that's good to hear, I was wondering how many might go that route and I know a lot of schools simply streamed through facebook.

Not related to Ohio, but in UpState South Carolina, prompted by the pandemic, streaming games on social media is becoming the norm and is reducing the number of radio and television broadcasts. Schools can monitize and control the content. A win win situation, at least for those not stuck in the 20th century.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Omega wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:40 pm

Not related to Ohio, but in UpState South Carolina, prompted by the pandemic, streaming games on social media is becoming the norm and is reducing the number of radio and television broadcasts. Schools can monitize and control the content. A win win situation, at least for those not stuck in the 20th century.
Perhaps we should just do away with sports journalism schools all together. No need for writers or broadcasters anymore.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:17 pm

Perhaps we should just do away with sports journalism schools all together. No need for writers or broadcasters anymore.

Can’t do that. How would the arm chair coach / QB experts ever get the needed information to repeat it and make sound their own ha…..

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Actually it might be a boon for sports journalism and journalism in general. Streaming that uses high school kids in production or on the air could be the spark for the students to pursue sports journalism in college. As long as there are sports there will be sports journalism. The way it is delivered is what is changing, and change is hard for us old guys.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Omega wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:00 pm

Actually it might be a boon for sports journalism and journalism in general. Streaming that uses high school kids in production or on the air could be the spark for the students to pursue sports journalism in college. As long as there are sports there will be sports journalism. The way it is delivered is what is changing, and change is hard for us old guys.
if any Tom, Dick or Harry can just stream games from a phone - along with the evolution of bloggers, web sites and social media platforms such as this - there is no real need for broadcasters and or sports writers. College and professional sports journalists and broadcasters jobs are far and few between. It was the millions of high schools (prep sports), newspapers and local radio stations that provided jobs and opportunities for sports journalism graduates. I recently got asked by a high school senior what I thought about him going into sports journalism - I told him if he wants a job and one that pays he should look into accounting or marketing.

Return to “Football”