August 27, 2021 Meigs 81 - 36 Belpre

OSU22
Varsity

Re: August 27, 2021 Meigs 81 - 36 Belpre

Post by OSU22 »

itsme wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:23 am
Mister Bee wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:19 pm
Pat wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:31 pm

I believe that 2007 championship should have an asterisk. Remember, NY put that one player in the game on a kickoff late in a blowout game and Alexander reported him as being ineligible. Otherwise NY would have been champions and actually earned it on the field. That's part of the reason NY and Alex hated each other for the rest of the Davey era. :mrgreen:
No, NY wouldn't have earned it on the field as Belpre defeated NY @ Boston Field that year 10 - 6. Both teams had 1 loss prior to NY game vs Alex so even if that 1 ineligible player had not played, Belpre still won the TVC title because they both would have been 4 - 1 but in head to head matchup, Belpre won the title because of that win vs NY.

If I am not mistaken, Belpre's win over NY that night was the first time that NY tasted defeat on their new field, at least in a TVC game but maybe in any game. I am sure NYBuckeye96 knows that answer.
TVC goes by record not head matchup
That is correct. For example in 2019 NY and Athens shared the league title even though NY beat Athens in week 10

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

And NY had to forfeit the game to Alex.

Regardless, as the post said, "NY won it on the field" they did not. Belpre won 10 - 6 and the conference awarded the title to Belpre. My point was that on the field, Belpre defeated NY.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

itsme wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:23 am
Mister Bee wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:19 pm
Pat wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:31 pm

I believe that 2007 championship should have an asterisk. Remember, NY put that one player in the game on a kickoff late in a blowout game and Alexander reported him as being ineligible. Otherwise NY would have been champions and actually earned it on the field. That's part of the reason NY and Alex hated each other for the rest of the Davey era. :mrgreen:
No, NY wouldn't have earned it on the field as Belpre defeated NY @ Boston Field that year 10 - 6. Both teams had 1 loss prior to NY game vs Alex so even if that 1 ineligible player had not played, Belpre still won the TVC title because they both would have been 4 - 1 but in head to head matchup, Belpre won the title because of that win vs NY.

If I am not mistaken, Belpre's win over NY that night was the first time that NY tasted defeat on their new field, at least in a TVC game but maybe in any game. I am sure NYBuckeye96 knows that answer.
TVC goes by record not head matchup
Correct.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Mister Bee wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:38 pm And NY had to forfeit the game to Alex.

Regardless, as the post said, "NY won it on the field" they did not. Belpre won 10 - 6 and the conference awarded the title to Belpre. My point was that on the field, Belpre defeated NY.
And my point was NY also earned it on the field and had it taken away because they allowed an insignificant player to participate in an insignificant play.

Return to “Football”