Cincinnati Moeller @ Ironton in the Tank

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Cincinnati Moeller @ Ironton in the Tank

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i wonder if ironton would be better served if we were in a 4 man defensive front, as opposed to a 3-4. a 3-4 is an effective defense when you are blitzing at different times during a game. but if you are not a blitzing team. maybe the 4-3 front would be more effective. because we are nearly never blitzing. but i'm more than confident in our staff, across the board. we did an amazing job competing with cincy moe.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:54 pm Ironton QB1 is the same as QB 2. Both are the same in my opinion. One is better running. The other passing but they equal out.
I disagree, there’s quite a bit of difference between the two. QB1 has a strong arm and is very accurate, he went to QB camps all Summer working with some great QB teachers on his game, he’s impressed many garnering quite a bit of next level attention. He also has the big game experience.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Here’s a crazy stats for you.

Ironton has given up 1 rushing TD on the season and that was off a botched punt inside their own 10
Yard line to Jackson. They have played 4 very good football programs and only given up 1 rushing TD.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

Kicker. wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:54 am
kantucky wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:03 am Everyone always gives all the credit to the quarterbacks. The MAIN difference between Ironton and Moeller was 'THE RECEIVERS' They made some incredible catches. One pass was a line drive waist high at one of their receivers. He reaches out and grabs that as it flies by. That's a very talented catch. It is what made the most difference.

All in ALL? I was very proud of our boys tonight. They played a heck of a good ball game against a storied Div 1 Team. Now, you might say Moeller came out the first quarter thinking they didn't even have to play but by the second quarter, the Tigers were playing well against them, they were seemingly frustrated by the 3rd quarter. The Fighting Tigers gave a fantastic account of themselves.

Then, they'll be able to brag for many years to come that they got to play Archbishop Moeller in The Tank.

PS..Moeller's FG kicker was unreal. He was making one practice kick from 30 yards after another. Many appeared to me they'd easily gone way over 40 yards.

IS that why Moeller decided to go for the two point conversion having Ironton down 23 - 0 right at the end of their game instead of kicking it?
I understand the 2 up 23 bc getting it made it a 4 possession game, hypothetically up 24 is just 3 scores. They just had the speed to get to the edge which Ironton didn’t and they kept going for it
That's been an issue for Ironton for several years now against the better competition. Vulnerable because of their lack of speed. Whether its the edges or a team like Kirtland reacting and gettin to the point of attack quicker, it has proved costly in the elite level games for sure.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:54 am i wonder if ironton would be better served if we were in a 4 man defensive front, as opposed to a 3-4. a 3-4 is an effective defense when you are blitzing at different times during a game. but if you are not a blitzing team. maybe the 4-3 front would be more effective. because we are nearly never blitzing. but i'm more than confident in our staff, across the board. we did an amazing job competing with cincy moe.
Yea i'm not sure they trust their dbs and safety enough to blitz very often.

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:58 am
wobycat wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:54 pm Ironton QB1 is the same as QB 2. Both are the same in my opinion. One is better running. The other passing but they equal out.
I disagree, there’s quite a bit of difference between the two. QB1 has a strong arm and is very accurate, he went to QB camps all Summer working with some great QB teachers on his game, he’s impressed many garnering quite a bit of next level attention. He also has the big game experience.
When will the starting QB return? Big difference in Jackson, Moeller, Cabell, and Burg than with SP, Peake, RH etc.Has QB1 been able to be practicing for the last 4 weeks in some capacity?

FightingTiger99
JV Team

SEO95 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:00 pm
When will the starting QB return? Big difference in Jackson, Moeller, Cabell, and Burg than with SP, Peake, RH etc.Has QB1 been able to be practicing for the last 4 weeks in some capacity?
There's a significant difference. Last season Carpenter was on average a 500 qb. He was able to make the passing game efficient enough that teams would have to be honest def. Even against Kirtland his compl percentage dipped below 50% at 46% Rest of the seaaon he was 50% or better on his accuracy. Threw his share of TD passes. QB2 is an ahlete but he's an athlete moving over from another role and it shows. This is costing Ironton offensively because ya not able to maximize the talent you have in ya running game or maximize the talent ya have on the outside in passing down situations. ( perkins, duncan, wilson, masters, etc etc)

Wylie 21/57 329 yds, 2 tds & 7 int's going into week 5.
Last edited by FightingTiger99 on Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

What's the injury?

FightingTiger99
JV Team

I have also concluded that Ironton is a running back by committee deal this season. Nobody has been able to really assert themselves in that role. There's no trusty stable foundation type back yet. At least not yet. They got some talent back there. As kids get healthier it'll be interesting to see if things stay that way or someone sorta becomes that guy going into the late games.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:48 pm

What's the injury?
Whatever it is it must be pretty bad. 4 weeks and he played 2 series vs wheelersburg and didn’t look right when he played.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
FightingTiger99
JV Team

Gonna have to figure out something offensively though or they are gonna run into the same issues they have been running into against the really good teams. Not being able to score is eventually gonna cost ya. And they gotta be able to do it on the ground and throwing the ball. Offense sputters in big games.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:05 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:48 pm

What's the injury?
Whatever it is it must be pretty bad. 4 weeks and he played 2 series vs wheelersburg and didn’t look right when he played.
He sat out scrimmages also yea?

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

XandOs wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:38 am Here’s a crazy stats for you.

Ironton has given up 1 rushing TD on the season and that was off a botched punt inside their own 10
Yard line to Jackson. They have played 4 very good football programs and only given up 1 rushing TD.
I didn't realize that, that's an impressive statement to have made.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I said from the start that I had a lot of respect for the Tigers for being willing to schedule a game against a Div-1 program such as Moeller, I still feel the same after the game. This may have been addressed earlier, and I may have missed it. I was just wondering, was there a reason given as to why QB-1 for Moeller did not make the trip to Ironton for the game? I had watched him in a prior game, and as someone had mentioned before, he must be 6'5" or 6'6" and seemed to be a pretty good QB.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Sick, I believe non-Covid.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:12 pm I said from the start that I had a lot of respect for the Tigers for being willing to schedule a game against a Div-1 program such as Moeller, I still feel the same after the game. This may have been addressed earlier, and I may have missed it. I was just wondering, was there a reason given as to why QB-1 for Moeller did not make the trip to Ironton for the game? I had watched him in a prior game, and as someone had mentioned before, he must be 6'5" or 6'6" and seemed to be a pretty good QB.
TigerBob wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:38 pm Sick, I believe non-Covid.
Thank you.

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

Moeller coach said he had mono.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

pembrook burrows III wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:59 pm Moeller coach said he had mono.
Thanks.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:44 am Kuddos for scheduling I guess? No way this game is close.
Game was close. Wrong again

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

LetsBeReal wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:56 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:44 am Kuddos for scheduling I guess? No way this game is close.
Game was close. Wrong again
Was a official universal standard for what "close" is decided?

Return to “Football”