Post by Raider6309 »

Great game Ironton

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Re: Cincinnati Moeller @ Ironton in the Tank

Post by FightingTiger99 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:55 pm
scott1297 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:14 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:28 pm Hats off to Ironton on a great performance. No other team in the area could physically play with this Moeller team. Could have easily been a 10-0 or 14-0 game.

No other teams have held Moellers offense in check like Ironton just did.
Jackson would have
Ironton just held them to their lowest point total of the year. According to you, Jackson has a better defense than Lakota East, Chaminaide Julienne and Indy powerhouse East Central. Yeah right. GTFO.
Ironton did well.defensively. jacksons effort tonight vs Wb was nothing to write home about.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:28 pm Hats off to Ironton on a great performance. No other team in the area could physically play with this Moeller team. Could have easily been a 10-0 or 14-0 game.

No other teams have held Moellers offense in check like Ironton just did.
Jackson would have
Ironton just held them to their lowest point total of the year. According to you, Jackson has a better defense than Lakota East, Chaminaide Julienne and Indy powerhouse East Central. Yeah right. GTFO.
That was definitely helped by the starting QB staying in Cincy. Their starting QB is far better than the kid who played tonight; better arm, better runner, and bigger.

As for Jackson competing against Moeller, no chance. Game would have been about the same.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:17 pm

Jackson would have
That was definitely helped by the starting QB staying in Cincy. Their starting QB is far better than the kid who played tonight; better arm, better runner, and bigger.

As for Jackson competing against Moeller, no chance. Game would have been about the same.
Irontons starting QB didn’t play either, had only played about 3 plays in the first game of the season.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good effort by the Fighting Tigers, just like the announcers said “it will help them come playoff time”.

Go Fighting Tigers…….

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:31 pm

Irontons starting QB didn’t play either, had only played about 3 plays in the first game of the season.
True, but the Ironton QB that did start this game had started a few games before and had more than five pass attempts under his belt.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton QB1 is the same as QB 2. Both are the same in my opinion. One is better running. The other passing but they equal out.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Jackson would have

Yes

FightingTiger99
JV Team

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:31 pm

Little different scenario for Moeller. Qb2 for Ironton has been qb1 the entire now going on halfway point of the regular season. Moellers qb2 was green tonight and put up a real big game on a pretty good defense. He outplayed the more experenced Ironton qb2

FightingTiger99
JV Team

And actually in one game tonight vs Ironton moellers qb2 put up better passing #'s than Irontons qb2 has been able to achieve through 3 games. And again, that is against a pretty good defense.

And context: Moellers qb1 is the #1 passer in their conference.

The scenario is different and it's also important to consider context.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

wobycat wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:54 pm Ironton QB1 is the same as QB 2. Both are the same in my opinion. One is better running. The other passing but they equal out.
Pretty accurate. Both are serviceable qbs who can make plays. Moellers qb1 has the ability to take over games.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Everyone always gives all the credit to the quarterbacks. The MAIN difference between Ironton and Moeller was 'THE RECEIVERS' They made some incredible catches. One pass was a line drive waist high at one of their receivers. He reaches out and grabs that as it flies by. That's a very talented catch. It is what made the most difference.

All in ALL? I was very proud of our boys tonight. They played a heck of a good ball game against a storied Div 1 Team. Now, you might say Moeller came out the first quarter thinking they didn't even have to play but by the second quarter, the Tigers were playing well against them, they were seemingly frustrated by the 3rd quarter. The Fighting Tigers gave a fantastic account of themselves.

Then, they'll be able to brag for many years to come that they got to play Archbishop Moeller in The Tank.

PS..Moeller's FG kicker was unreal. He was making one practice kick from 30 yards after another. Many appeared to me they'd easily gone way over 40 yards.

IS that why Moeller decided to go for the two point conversion having Ironton down 23 - 0 right at the end of their game instead of kicking it?

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
FightingTiger99
JV Team

kantucky wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:03 am Everyone always gives all the credit to the quarterbacks. The MAIN difference between Ironton and Moeller was 'THE RECEIVERS' They made some incredible catches. One pass was a line drive waist high at one of their receivers. He reaches out and grabs that as it flies by. That's a very talented catch. It is what made the most difference.

All in ALL? I was very proud of our boys tonight. They played a heck of a good ball game against a storied Div 1 Team. Now, you might say Moeller came out the first quarter thinking they didn't even have to play but by the second quarter, the Tigers were playing well against them, they were seemingly frustrated by the 3rd quarter. The Fighting Tigers gave a fantastic account of themselves.

Then, they'll be able to brag for many years to come that they got to play Archbishop Moeller in The Tank.

PS..Moeller's FG kicker was unreal. He was making one practice kick from 30 yards after another. Many appeared to me they'd easily gone way over 40 yards.

IS that why Moeller decided to go for the two point conversion having Ironton down 23 - 0 right at the end of their game instead of kicking it?
Went for 2 all night. I think.maybe they wanted to get Ironton outta there early and rest the starters for st x?

FightingTiger99
JV Team

kantucky wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:03 am Everyone always gives all the credit to the quarterbacks. The MAIN difference between Ironton and Moeller was 'THE RECEIVERS' They made some incredible catches. One pass was a line drive waist high at one of their receivers. He reaches out and grabs that as it flies by. That's a very talented catch. It is what made the most difference.

https://www.dailyindependent.com/sports ... 26440.html

"Van George got his first career start and made the most of it, completing 17 of 23 passes — including the first eight he attempted — for 267 yards, three TDs and no interceptions."

Irontons qb 4th career start: 6/15 89 yards, 3 int's.

Not only was the qb position impactful but there was a very pronounced disparity. George went 17/23. Completed his 1st 8. 1st career start.

Ironton and Moellers run game was pretty even. "The Tigers ran for 132 yards on 34 carries, while the Crusaders collected 136 yards on 35 totes." So Moellers ability in the passing game was the difference. Hard to say a kid who goes 17/23 w 3 tds and completed his 1st 8 just had good receivers. He's better than Irontons qb1. He did more in his 1st career start than Irontons qb2 has done through 4 career starts. The qb position played a pretty good role.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Here is something noteable:

"Landen Wilson ran for a tough 52 yards on 13 carries for Ironton (3-1). He picked up 34 yards on the second play of the game from scrimmage and could see daylight, but Moeller’s Khilee Willis chased him down at the Crusaders 30.

Moeller buckled down after that and only allowed three more Ironton plays for double-digit yards until the final drive of the game. "

-

So after the 2nd play of the game Irontons offense was only able to put together an offensive play worth more than 9 yards 3 times the rest of the game.

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

Proud of my Tigers. Game will help during the playoffs. Won't see a team tougher than tonight. Best defense in this area.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

FightingTiger99 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:10 am

https://www.dailyindependent.com/sports ... 26440.html

"Van George got his first career start and made the most of it, completing 17 of 23 passes — including the first eight he attempted — for 267 yards, three TDs and no interceptions."

Irontons qb 4th career start: 6/15 89 yards, 3 int's.

Not only was the qb position impactful but there was a very pronounced disparity. George went 17/23. Completed his 1st 8. 1st career start.

Ironton and Moellers run game was pretty even. "The Tigers ran for 132 yards on 34 carries, while the Crusaders collected 136 yards on 35 totes." So Moellers ability in the passing game was the difference. Hard to say a kid who goes 17/23 w 3 tds and completed his 1st 8 just had good receivers. He's better than Irontons qb1. He did more in his 1st career start than Irontons qb2 has done through 4 career starts. The qb position played a pretty good role.
Footnote: this games makes Wylie 21/57 329 yds, 2 tds & 7 int's going into week 5.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

tigerfan98 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:34 am Proud of my Tigers. Game will help during the playoffs. Won't see a team tougher than tonight. Best defense in this area.
Agree. Ironton did well. They played hard, and deserve lots of respect. This mega game will definitely help them out on down the road.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I understand the 2 up 23 bc getting it made it a 4 possession game, hypothetically up 24 is just 3 scores. They just had the speed to get to the edge which Ironton didn’t and they kept going for it

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Tom Osborne
Admin
· tS1p2onSsmmngored ·
it was such a blessing getting to watch the ironton vs. cincinnati arch bishop moeller game. the crusaders and fighting tigers duked it out the entire game. it was extremely physical. the fighting tigers fell to 3-1, with a 25-7 loss to moeller. ironton plays south point next. moeller next plays the cincinnati st. xavier blue bombers. and moved to 4-0 with the win. it was one of the most physical games i ever remember seeing. just so much hard hitting. it still behooves me that i just watched the div.1 moeller teams, playing the div.5 fighting tigers in ironton no less. and were so physical with each other. ironton did nothing to hang their heads over at all. and something i loved was seeing no nonsense or antics after the play. ironton helped moeller players up. and moe did the same with us. players helmet tapping the opp. side. the fans the stadium, the coverage was all amazing to see. i saw tons of people i knew, as spectrum did an amazing job with coverage. i saw classmates, team mates, coaches, chain gang folks that i knew all night. it warmed my heart. both teams played very classy, and respectful. it was such a physical game, both squads are feeling this one this morning. it left me feeling so good about the 2 fine programs. and this game will be extremely useful moving throughout the season for both squads.thank you spectrum for televising this one. i'll never forget it. ironton lost 25-7. but the game seemed so much closer. congratulations to both programs and their fan bases. ozzie ...

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”