Waterboy

Re: Cincinnati Moeller @ Ironton in the Tank

Post by 512Buckeye »

Ironton is good for being division 8.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Regardless of what some may say, Ironton has played a good game tonight against D1 competition. Highly doubt any other team around here would have done any better. Moeller is on a different level but everyone knew that before this game started.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Hats off to Ironton on a great performance. No other team in the area could physically play with this Moeller team. Could have easily been a 10-0 or 14-0 game.

No other teams have held Moellers offense in check like Ironton just did.

512Buckeye
Waterboy

Post by 512Buckeye »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:25 pm Regardless of what some may say, Ironton has played a good game tonight against D1 competition. Highly doubt any other team around here would have done any better. Moeller is on a different level but everyone knew that before this game started.
I’m sure Jackson could do exactly what Ironton is doing. Nothing special losing 17-0

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

512Buckeye wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:29 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:25 pm Regardless of what some may say, Ironton has played a good game tonight against D1 competition. Highly doubt any other team around here would have done any better. Moeller is on a different level but everyone knew that before this game started.
I’m sure Jackson could do exactly what Ironton is doing. Nothing special losing 17-0
Well I did say do better, didnt say there arent teams who could do the same. I think we have solid football in this area.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:28 pm Hats off to Ironton on a great performance. No other team in the area could physically play with this Moeller team. Could have easily been a 10-0 or 14-0 game.

No team in SEO could compete against Moeller. Just too strong.

Ironton played a great game. But you can see the difference in talent and depth. Moeller starting QB didn’t even make the trip, and the backup had only thrown five passes before this game. What does he do? Throws for three touchdowns; guessing over 300 yards or close to it.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

Great defensive effort. Washington. Young. Cochran. Barnes. Perkins. Real solid tonight. Irontons offense cleaned up mistakes. Played more sound tonight. Less penalties.

Ironton defense = player of the game.

512Buckeye
Waterboy

Post by 512Buckeye »

Welcome to real Ohio football. Consolation prizes are for losers.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:32 pm
512Buckeye wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:29 pm
Well I did say do better, didnt say there arent teams who could do the same. I think we have solid football in this area.
After watching Jackson play western brown, there’s no way in hell I want to watch them play Moeller. I know ironton didn’t win but they kept it a lot closer than anybody thought it was gonna be. That’s gotta feel good as a program. I’m sure they will continue to get better and have a great year. They are a solid team with a solid coach.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Great game by Ironton. What I thought was going to be ugly early on in the first half turned into the Ironton D standing strong through most of the game. They represented this part of the state well and played tough against a D1 power. Looked like an amazing atmosphere from the tv screen. Certainly a great experience for players and fans alike. Also a good prep for the playoffs. Keep it up Ironton!

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Ironton kids seem like they built up some confidence out there tonight. That will payoff later. Gonna be a tough out rest of the way. If they can figure out their offense they might put together a post season run.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

RBH23 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:36 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:28 pm Hats off to Ironton on a great performance. No other team in the area could physically play with this Moeller team. Could have easily been a 10-0 or 14-0 game.

No team in SEO could compete against Moeller. Just too strong.

Ironton played a great game. But you can see the difference in talent and depth. Moeller starting QB didn’t even make the trip, and the backup had only thrown five passes before this game. What does he do? Throws for three touchdowns; guessing over 300 yards or close to it.
Yup their Qb 2 only had 5 snaps prior to tonight and had a big game.
Our qb2 is going on the halfway mark and threw three picks. Just a talent difference is all.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Jackson would have

Burg grad 85
REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

scott1297 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:14 pm

Jackson would have
Why don’t they then?

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Good job Tigers, you represented the OVC well.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

REDMEN95 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:31 pm

Jackson would have
Why don’t they then?
I love the Ironmen but I don’t think they would’ve

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Ironton hung around better than many expected. Was glad to make my first trip to the tank environment was awesome.

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Great effort team Tigers!

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Cannot be enough good things mentioned about Washington on defense. Physical. Fast to the ball. Huge motor. Seemed like he was in on just about every big defensive play for Ironton. Big time kid right there!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jackson would have
Ironton just held them to their lowest point total of the year. According to you, Jackson has a better defense than Lakota East, Chaminaide Julienne and Indy powerhouse East Central. Yeah right. GTFO.

Return to “Football”