Ironton 20 Fairland 14 OT 2021

frankie
Varsity

Re: Ironton 20 Fairland 14 OT 2021

Post by frankie »

GalliaTribe wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:56 am I think it’s hilarious that they could only beat an “OVC” team in overtime. A Lawrence county team played you better than a SOC team. 😂
How do you think the Bluedevils will do against the Tigers? Just curious.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:46 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:40 am
Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:23 am

Starting to make sense now. Waverly gave em all the wanted in pre season.

Cabell Midlands varsity played Irontons dead even.

Ironton struggles against Jackson. Struggles against Fairland. 2 straight weeks unable to sustain drives or cut out penalties. Defense is getting worn down and pounded in the running game. ( Midland also gashed Irontons run defense).

Ironton at present is not very good. I think that's fair. They may not even be a top 10 D5 team this season.

Not top 20
Doesn’t say much for the teams they’ve beat does it?
Nope

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

frankie wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:41 am
GalliaTribe wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:56 am I think it’s hilarious that they could only beat an “OVC” team in overtime. A Lawrence county team played you better than a SOC team. 😂
I think they’ll be fine. They’ll compete

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

So which is it? First week burg was trash now they are a formidable team.

Then it was Jackson was good but ironton didn’t play their best

Now it’s ironton has too many penalties

You’re three weeks in. You are who you are. Ironton is a good football team. They still have a team that can possibly win region but they will need some more of that lateral magic

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:59 am So which is it? First week burg was trash now they are a formidable team.

You’re three weeks in. You are who you are. Ironton is a good football team. They still have a team that can possibly win region but they will need some more of that lateral magic
Exactly. The truth is this Jackson , Ironton , Fairland are all about the same. Wheelersburg may be a step behind right now but are very young. They’ll get better and be back next year. It’s a shame we can’t just discuss our teams and not hear their garbage.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:59 am So which is it? First week burg was trash now they are a formidable team.

Fairland had some very costly penalties, too. Hope them refs are icing their elbows.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Poor Woby goes to bed thinking about the Tigers and then is worried about them when he eats his Cheerios in the morning.

Ironton has scored 34 points in 2 weeks, including a miracle return TD and an overtime. Given your team gave up 40 in one week, I’d think that would be enough to keep you from posting. Guess not.

Ironton in Week 3 was the same team they’ve been. Very good defense, particularly front 7. Offense suspect to bad if they can’t bully you up front. Fairland held up better than I thought, but last night was more Ironton bad than Fairland good.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

TigerBob, good post. I agree with everything you posted.

Woby, wheelersburg is somewhere between trash and formidable...better than average SEO team.

Jackson is definitely good. And Ironton didn't play their best.

Most definitely, Ironton is committing too many penalties.

If they get Keyes and Carpenter back - in my opinion - they might live up to the preseason hype. *Hats off to Wylie, though.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I stand corrected on my blow out prediction, I was way off on this one.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

IHS has looked sloppy with way too many penalties. With that said how many D5 teams could lose Carter, Carpenter and Keyes and still be 3-0 ?
The offense will be a work in progress until they get healthy.
On another subject I too will admit IHS has benefited from transfers over the years with most from my alma mater ISJ. Were they recruited ? no most wanted to play for Lutz on Friday night in front of 5000 and not Saturday night in front of 500. The worst thing that happened to SEOPS is IHS ending Burgs domination in the series. Now the same 3 or 4 posters can not go a day during the season without talking " transfers ". Burg has so much to be proud of without worrying about what IHS are up to

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:30 am
wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:15 am Ironton is a good football team. I think they lack depth. They will be in every game except maybe the next one. Looking in the future, the division is stacked this year. Going to be hard for anyone to win it.
Well said. Region is definitely wide open with some good teams…
They'll be in those games cause the ovc is horrible

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:47 am
frankie wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:41 am
I think they’ll be fine. They’ll compete
GA got beat by point pleasant. 😂
The ovc is trash.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

The narratives sure change around here.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

RBH23 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:28 am
Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:08 am
frankie wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:39 am

Joined up August 27th and has 171 posts already. As bad as that poster speedkillz LOL. Always on an Ironton thread.
Is this the part of the discussion where we focus on who posted what & away from anything having to do with the game? Starting to think if it's not all pats on the back the egos in the room might not be able to withstand it.

Maybe we should have default stock post options to just choose from?

A. They could play with everyone in the nation
B. Loaded with D1 talent
C. Lock the gates
D. The factory
E. Ironton blew us out again cause recruits

Just have everyone press a selection. That way theres no relevant discussion. Nobody gets their ego bruised and everything is a big fake airbrushed masterpiece. lol
Since you insist on quoting me non-stop, let’s be clear:
- I did not graduate from Ironton.
- I do not live in Ironton.
- I am not an Ironton football fan.
- I am actually from and cheer for Wheelersburg but now live out of the area.

I simply respect Ironton’s football program and most of their fan base. A class program in my opinion and a great rival for Burg.

That said, Ironton was “loaded” with D1 talent the past few years (btw, loaded by definition means “a lot”) in the context of comparing them to Kirtland (which is exactly what we were doing). I was simply pointing out the fact that you were completely wrong in your claim about Kirtland winning because they have more talent than their rivals. Simply not true.

Ironton does not have a talent issue as talent was not their issue the last two years when they lost against Kirtland. Their offensive scheme is what appears to be holding them back. Like one poster said, Ironton can go far simply running the ball using old school formations (ground and pound), but they will have a tough time beating top teams without a passing game.

The Moeller game is going to be rough…
All d5's have a talent issue lol.
Small fish and the world is an ocean.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

GalliaTribe wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:54 am
Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:08 am
frankie wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:39 am

Joined up August 27th and has 171 posts already. As bad as that poster speedkillz LOL. Always on an Ironton thread.
Is this the part of the discussion where we focus on who posted what & away from anything having to do with the game? Starting to think if it's not all pats on the back the egos in the room might not be able to withstand it.

Maybe we should have default stock post options to just choose from?

A. They could play with everyone in the nation
B. Loaded with D1 talent
C. Lock the gates
D. The factory
E. Ironton blew us out again cause recruits

Just have everyone press a selection. That way theres no relevant discussion. Nobody gets their ego bruised and everything is a big fake airbrushed masterpiece. lol
The truth really does bother people. From what I’m gathering from this post are you saying the Ironton coaches get on here and read this stuff then get people kicked off if they don’t like what people are saying? You saying things like lock the gates and the factory make me think this is about the coaches.
Idk. I would hope no coaches from anywhere spend time on here. The fan base sure is full of hypocrits though.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

LockHerUp wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:24 am TigerBob, good post. I agree with everything you posted.

Woby, wheelersburg is somewhere between trash and formidable...better than average SEO team.

Jackson is definitely good. And Ironton didn't play their best.

Most definitely, Ironton is committing too many penalties.

If they get Keyes and Carpenter back - in my opinion - they might live up to the preseason hype. *Hats off to Wylie, though.
Jackson is not a top 25 d3.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:09 pm IHS has looked sloppy with way too many penalties. With that said how many D5 teams could lose Carter, Carpenter and Keyes and still be 3-0 ?
On another subject I too will admit IHS has benefited from transfers over the years with most from my alma mater ISJ. Were they recruited ? no most wanted to play for Lutz on Friday night in front of 5000 and not Saturday night in front of 500. The worst thing that happened to SEOPS is IHS ending Burgs domination in the series. Now the same 3 or 4 posters can not go a day during the season without talking " transfers ". Burg has so much to be proud of without worrying about what IHS are up to
Agree with your whole post specially the last part. This is supposed to be a place to talk about local football teams but is starting to turn into this gossip and trash talk place instead. Obviously you will have bickering but its literally non stop at this point. I love getting on here during season but we need more genuine football talk.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

TigerBob wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:54 am

Poor Woby goes to bed thinking about the Tigers and then is worried about them when he eats his Cheerios in the morning.

Ironton has scored 34 points in 2 weeks, including a miracle return TD and an overtime. Given your team gave up 40 in one week, I’d think that would be enough to keep you from posting. Guess not.

Ironton in Week 3 was the same team they’ve been. Very good defense, particularly front 7. Offense suspect to bad if they can’t bully you up front. Fairland held up better than I thought, but last night was more Ironton bad than Fairland good.
Irontons fan base is so soft. You love the media hyperbole until it doesn't suit your narrative, then it's passive aggressive stuff like this. How long before Irontons fan base is crying to the mods?

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:25 pm
TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:09 pm IHS has looked sloppy with way too many penalties. With that said how many D5 teams could lose Carter, Carpenter and Keyes and still be 3-0 ?
Agree with your whole post specially the last part. This is supposed to be a place to talk about local football teams but is starting to turn into this gossip and trash talk place instead. Obviously you will have bickering but its literally non stop at this point. I love getting on here during season but we need more genuine football talk.
Its difficult because if its not 100% praise, 24/7, 365, this fan base runs to the mods to cry.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:29 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:25 pm
Its difficult because if its not 100% praise, 24/7, 365, this fan base runs to the mods to cry.
Even if that was true (not saying it is) that doesnt change that you have a handful of people who cant hop off the trash talk train. Little bit of bickering is completely fine but a few need to take a breather instead of pushing the same narratives 2662 times. Each day is a new day but we seem to be stuck in a loop on this page

Return to “Football”