Thanks for your input, Speedkillz.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton 20 Fairland 14 OT 2021

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:06 am
Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:04 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:00 am

Ironton is OK , not elite . Not even close.
Yup. They look like an ovc team this season. Thus far anyway.
Not even the best OVC team
Starting to make sense now. Waverly gave em all the wanted in pre season.

Cabell Midlands varsity played Irontons dead even.

Ironton struggles against Jackson. Struggles against Fairland. 2 straight weeks unable to sustain drives or cut out penalties. Defense is getting worn down and pounded in the running game. ( Midland also gashed Irontons run defense).

Ironton at present is not very good. I think that's fair. They may not even be a top 10 D5 team this season.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

LockHerUp wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:23 am Thanks for your input, Speedkillz.
See I don't understand this stuff. Is this what ya do on here if all the comments about your team is not praise? Can't just talk about football?

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Chilli, thanks for your input, Speedkillz.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

LockHerUp wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:32 am Chilli, thanks for your input, Speedkillz.
Ironton fans may have to wait two weeks to see another offensive score huh?

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:23 am
Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:04 am

Yup. They look like an ovc team this season. Thus far anyway.

Ironton struggles against Jackson. Struggles against Fairland. 2 straight weeks unable to sustain drives or cut out penalties. Defense is getting worn down and pounded in the running game. ( Midland also gashed Irontons run defense).

Ironton at present is not very good. I think that's fair. They may not even be a top 10 D5 team this season.

Not top 20

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:40 am

Not top 20
Doesn’t say much for the teams they’ve beat does it?

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:46 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:40 am

Not top 20
Doesn’t say much for the teams they’ve beat does it?
Well, I think the teams they played are what they are. None of them are top 5 in any division. Jackson isn't top 25 in D3. Fairland is an ovc team. Burg is I thinked ranked #9th in D5. So the teams they have played are so so.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:03 am
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:57 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:28 pm If ironton has kids hurt they might want to set next week out. Ironton is struggling and can’t afford to get kids hurt.
IHS Starts season without leading rusher & heavily recruited D1 player.

QB1 goes out in Game 1 that played in state final last year.

QB 2 steps up & assists IHS past Burg/Jackson.

Dynamic (RB) Jacques Keyes, who emerges as IHS potent runner, goes out in last half of Jackson Game.

IHS is banged!

That is why while others see what they wish, I see a bunch of young Tigers NOT giving up & finding a way to win.

INSPIRATIONAL!

Records of 3 teams IHS HAS beaten:

Wheelersburg 2-1
Jackson 2-1
Fairland 2-1

Come what may!

Gotigers!
Is the heavily recruited D1 returnee the student athlete were not allowed to discuss anymore on here? Ironton fans said he's moved on, respect his privacy, next man up? Moderators said he's not playing this season. So not relevant?

But now it's relevant?

So just when whoever feels like whatever. When it feels convenient to a complaining fan base it's fine. If it is or feels inconvenient, were gonna delete stuff cause complaining. Yup. Sounds about right. Pardon me. Carry on. Next man up you were sayin?
Man for a guy who just signed up after all of that went down you sure do have a lot of thoughts on said subject/subjects ;) Strange

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:13 am

Dynamic (RB) Jacques Keyes, who emerges as IHS potent runner, goes out in last half of Jackson Game.

IHS is banged!

That is why while others see what they wish, I see a bunch of young Tigers NOT giving up & finding a way to win.

INSPIRATIONAL!

Wheelersburg 2-1
Jackson 2-1
Fairland 2-1

Come what may!

Gotigers!
Is the heavily recruited D1 returnee the student athlete were not allowed to discuss anymore on here? Ironton fans said he's moved on, respect his privacy, next man up? Moderators said he's not playing this season. So not relevant?

But now it's relevant?

So just when whoever feels like whatever. When it feels convenient to a complaining fan base it's fine. If it is or feels inconvenient, were gonna delete stuff cause complaining. Yup. Sounds about right. Pardon me. Carry on. Next man up you were sayin?
Man for a guy who just signed up after all of that went down you sure do have a lot of thoughts on said subject/subjects ;) Strange
Joined up August 27th and has 171 posts already. As bad as that poster speedkillz LOL. Always on an Ironton thread.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

IHS is banged!

INSPIRATIONAL!

Wheelersburg 2-1
Jackson 2-1
Fairland 2-1

Come what may!

Gotigers!

But now it's relevant?

Agreed. I think the whole thing is strange. I got briefed a few days back that there would be stuff you couldn't talk about, relevant to discussions for absolutely no reason besides the fact that reality did not necessarily align perfectly with desires. I understand a lil better as I go. Egos are delicate.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

frankie wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:39 am

But now it's relevant?

Joined up August 27th and has 171 posts already. As bad as that poster speedkillz LOL. Always on an Ironton thread.
Is this the part of the discussion where we focus on who posted what & away from anything having to do with the game? Starting to think if it's not all pats on the back the egos in the room might not be able to withstand it.

Maybe we should have default stock post options to just choose from?

A. They could play with everyone in the nation
B. Loaded with D1 talent
C. Lock the gates
D. The factory
E. Ironton blew us out again cause recruits

Just have everyone press a selection. That way theres no relevant discussion. Nobody gets their ego bruised and everything is a big fake airbrushed masterpiece. lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton is a good football team. I think they lack depth. They will be in every game except maybe the next one. Looking in the future, the division is stacked this year. Going to be hard for anyone to win it.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:08 am

Is this the part of the discussion where we focus on who posted what & away from anything having to do with the game? Starting to think if it's not all pats on the back the egos in the room might not be able to withstand it.

B. Loaded with D1 talent
C. Lock the gates
D. The factory

Just have everyone press a selection. That way theres no relevant discussion. Nobody gets their ego bruised and everything is a big fake airbrushed masterpiece. lol
Since you insist on quoting me non-stop, let’s be clear:
- I did not graduate from Ironton.
- I do not live in Ironton.
- I am not an Ironton football fan.
- I am actually from and cheer for Wheelersburg but now live out of the area.

I simply respect Ironton’s football program and most of their fan base. A class program in my opinion and a great rival for Burg.

That said, Ironton was “loaded” with D1 talent the past few years (btw, loaded by definition means “a lot”) in the context of comparing them to Kirtland (which is exactly what we were doing). I was simply pointing out the fact that you were completely wrong in your claim about Kirtland winning because they have more talent than their rivals. Simply not true.

Ironton does not have a talent issue as talent was not their issue the last two years when they lost against Kirtland. Their offensive scheme is what appears to be holding them back. Like one poster said, Ironton can go far simply running the ball using old school formations (ground and pound), but they will have a tough time beating top teams without a passing game.

The Moeller game is going to be rough…

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:15 am Ironton is a good football team. I think they lack depth. They will be in every game except maybe the next one. Looking in the future, the division is stacked this year. Going to be hard for anyone to win it.
Well said. Region is definitely wide open with some good teams…

Buckeyes48
Waterboy

Post by Buckeyes48 »

Maybe if Fairland would get in a 5 man front instead of that 4-4 they could stop the run.Qb sneak for 6 yards is unacceptable!! Should’ve won that game

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:30 am
wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:15 am Ironton is a good football team. I think they lack depth. They will be in every game except maybe the next one. Looking in the future, the division is stacked this year. Going to be hard for anyone to win it.
Well said. Region is definitely wide open with some good teams…
I think region 19 belongs to ridgewood this year. They have killed the teams they have played so far.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:08 am

B. Loaded with D1 talent
C. Lock the gates
D. The factory

The truth really does bother people. From what I’m gathering from this post are you saying the Ironton coaches get on here and read this stuff then get people kicked off if they don’t like what people are saying? You saying things like lock the gates and the factory make me think this is about the coaches.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

I think it’s hilarious that they could only beat an “OVC” team in overtime. A Lawrence county team played you better than a SOC team. 😂

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Ironton will be fine yes they are struggling on Offense right now.
And the O-Line needs to get it together the play calling has been vanilla to say the least.
Jackson is a very good team Fairland is a good team are they both better than Ironton at this point maybe.
A win is a win but a lot still needs done to become better,
Moeller will destroy Ironton I fear I am only hoping Ironton can stay with in 3 scores against Moeller.
Maybe if irontons QB1 makes it back it will help the offense greatly but Ironton needs to fix the penalty problem and find a running back that can help sustain drives

Return to “Football”