Week 3: Vinton County (2-0) @ Trimble (2-0)

TomcatFootball11
Freshman Team

Re: Week 3: Vinton County (2-0) @ Trimble (2-0)

Post by TomcatFootball11 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:08 pm
icanpickem wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:34 pm Game is cancelled
Vinton Co now playing at Zane Trace
Is Trimble dodging VC?
We don't dodge team's that haven't had a winning record since 2004. Kids health is way more important than a football game.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Flexworth wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:21 pm
Dundas wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:30 pm
Drippy96 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:34 pm

It means people think these assistants are the next best thing since Jesus walked on water. I hope they do well but their history with past coaches speak for themselves or has everyone forgotten about it.Ohio State was sarcasm. Does this explain it or is this more like college prep algebra?
A good head coach can win with any assistant. It’s delegating assignments and holding coaches accountable that makes a good head coach. It’s holding assistants to a certain level and expecting them to follow his lead. I haven’t heard a single VC fan say our assistants are equivalent to Jesus Christ himself. So I’m not sure where you picked that one up. I do hear people say that coach Carper has brought an energy like no one has before and I believe that has spilled over to the “Jesus like assistants” Maybe with the right leader, these assistants can be successful. I’d also like to point out, only two of the assistants were coaching under Downs. So let’s just make it known that you have an issue with Mendes and or Waugh. I’d imagine they don’t really care though. They’re 2-0. They have a good change to do something we haven’t seen since 2004 and that’s finish above 500 for the season. They probably don’t give two 💩 about what Drippy has to say.
First off, I don’t agree with hardly anything that Drippy stated. I believe being 2-0 earns some credibility, no matter how good the teams were or how good we looked. We are 2-0. I also think we should definitely finish above .500, especially since Trimble is off the schedule and we picked up a lower tier svc team. With you saying it would be the first time we finished above .500 since 2004, would you agree this senior class is probably the best group of athletes to come through since the 2004 class? Just asking your opinion. Vc has a really good chance now to be 3-0 now that were playing ZT. The kids very well deserve it. And as far as the two former assistants you stated above under Downs, add Lindner to that list.
You are correct. I forgot about Lindner. Although he wasn’t on the 04 staff. This senior class is good, but I’m not sure they are hands down the best since 04. I believe what you are seeing is a combination of scheduling teams we should compete with as well as an enthusiastic head coach that I believe is going to be a very good one when we look back on this program in the future. We went through a 10 year stretch of playing over our heads and the last handful of years, we’ve gotten the schedule right, IMO. VC should be able to win a minimum of 4 games a year. Every year. It should never have trouble doing that with playing smaller schools in conference. I think we are seeing a nice marriage of talent, coaching and scheduling and it just may get VC a home playoff game this season.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

TomcatFootball11 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:17 pm
Is Trimble dodging VC?
We don't dodge team's that haven't had a winning record since 2004. Kids health is way more important than a football game.
Bulldog doesn’t speak for VC fans. I personally was looking forward to restarting the rivalry. It’s a win win for both teams and I hope this becomes a yearly match up for a long time to come now that Trimble has updated their stadium. Trimble gets playoff points by beating a much larger school and VC would get a nice playoff point boost by beating a team that will win at least 7 games every single season. It sucks we won’t be playing this year but I can’t wait for next season when Trimble comes to McArthur for the first time since 1993!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

TomcatFootball11 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:17 pm
Is Trimble dodging VC?
Lol…burn unit called

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Coach Hinten is no stranger to the Vikings as he is former Wellston head coach. He is a good person and coach but the Vikings should win this one by a couple of touchdowns.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

:roll: Really?.....not surprised. Athens co. SMH

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Dundas wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:39 pm
Flexworth wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:21 pm
Dundas wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:30 pm

A good head coach can win with any assistant. It’s delegating assignments and holding coaches accountable that makes a good head coach. It’s holding assistants to a certain level and expecting them to follow his lead. I haven’t heard a single VC fan say our assistants are equivalent to Jesus Christ himself. So I’m not sure where you picked that one up. I do hear people say that coach Carper has brought an energy like no one has before and I believe that has spilled over to the “Jesus like assistants” Maybe with the right leader, these assistants can be successful. I’d also like to point out, only two of the assistants were coaching under Downs. So let’s just make it known that you have an issue with Mendes and or Waugh. I’d imagine they don’t really care though. They’re 2-0. They have a good change to do something we haven’t seen since 2004 and that’s finish above 500 for the season. They probably don’t give two 💩 about what Drippy has to say.
First off, I don’t agree with hardly anything that Drippy stated. I believe being 2-0 earns some credibility, no matter how good the teams were or how good we looked. We are 2-0. I also think we should definitely finish above .500, especially since Trimble is off the schedule and we picked up a lower tier svc team. With you saying it would be the first time we finished above .500 since 2004, would you agree this senior class is probably the best group of athletes to come through since the 2004 class? Just asking your opinion. Vc has a really good chance now to be 3-0 now that were playing ZT. The kids very well deserve it. And as far as the two former assistants you stated above under Downs, add Lindner to that list.
You are correct. I forgot about Lindner. Although he wasn’t on the 04 staff. This senior class is good, but I’m not sure they are hands down the best since 04. I believe what you are seeing is a combination of scheduling teams we should compete with as well as an enthusiastic head coach that I believe is going to be a very good one when we look back on this program in the future. We went through a 10 year stretch of playing over our heads and the last handful of years, we’ve gotten the schedule right, IMO. VC should be able to win a minimum of 4 games a year. Every year. It should never have trouble doing that with playing smaller schools in conference. I think we are seeing a nice marriage of talent, coaching and scheduling and it just may get VC a home playoff game this season.
Nahh.. Dundas, Your wrong. This senior class never lost a game in lil league and only once in middle school. And winning JV record. Lol

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

GRFan wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:49 pm Coach Hinten is no stranger to the Vikings as he is former Wellston head coach. He is a good person and coach but the Vikings should win this one by a couple of touchdowns.
What makes you say that? I actually think ZT might be the favorite here. Not trying to start an argument just was wondering your reasoning.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

svcguru, I definitely could be wrong but I think VC defense could be the difference. They have allowed only seven points in the first two games.

TomcatFootball11
Freshman Team

GRFan wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:16 am svcguru, I definitely could be wrong but I think VC defense could be the difference. They have allowed only seven points in the first two games.
Against a Unioto team that went 5-4 last year, and against Crooksville who hasn't had a winning season since 2010. Not trying to be someone to start something, but VC should've shut Unioto out and beat the brakes off of Crooksville.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

TomcatFootball11 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:18 am
GRFan wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:16 am svcguru, I definitely could be wrong but I think VC defense could be the difference. They have allowed only seven points in the first two games.
Against a Unioto team that went 5-4 last year, and against Crooksville who hasn't had a winning season since 2010. Not trying to be someone to start something, but VC should've shut Unioto out and beat the brakes off of Crooksville.
Easy to say since the game is cancelled. And as for beating "brakes off" I can't wait to see that Fort Frye game. :mrgreen:

TomcatFootball11
Freshman Team

Pat wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:18 pm
Easy to say since the game is cancelled. And as for beating "brakes off" I can't wait to see that Fort Frye game. :mrgreen:
As I have stated before, kids health is more important than a football game.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Is Trimble dodging VC?
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

SEOFootball
Waterboy

Post by SEOFootball »

anyone with a sense of football knows that in order for VC to win this game Trimble would have had to play bad and VC would have had to play really good- which is obviously possible. Highly likely Trimble would have won this game by a couple of scores but unfortunately we may never know. I'm sure we could make some better predictions after the next few weeks, and who knows maybe they'll end up playing later this year if covid continues derailing seasons.

Glad VC found a game this week, wishing them the best of luck. Hopefully Waterford and Trimble will be able to play next week.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

TomcatFootball11 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:21 pm

Is the whole team out?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

SEOFootball wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:43 pm anyone with a sense of football knows that in order for VC to win this game Trimble would have had to play bad and VC would have had to play really good- which is obviously possible. Highly likely Trimble would have won this game by a couple of scores but unfortunately we may never know. I'm sure we could make some better predictions after the next few weeks, and who knows maybe they'll end up playing later this year if covid continues derailing seasons.

Glad VC found a game this week, wishing them the best of luck. Hopefully Waterford and Trimble will be able to play next week.
Good point, this game could very well be put back on the schedule later this season.

Ballin10
Freshman Team

Post by Ballin10 »

Flexworth wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:26 pm
tomcatsroll wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:28 pm Trimble had 119 kids out of school on Tuesday and also had 4-5 kids out last Friday against Miller. Health comes first, but also why is it only effecting the football team. All other sports are allowed to continue just not football until September 8th. Makes no sense to me. If they are concerned about the health of students and student athletes why are they not shutting school down. Same kids that go to school are the same kids that play sports.
Wow, that is crazy. Best of luck to you all moving forward. Vc most likely have dodged a bullet with this outcome.
Vinton county isn’t dodging anything.

SEOFootball
Waterboy

Post by SEOFootball »

Pat wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:53 pm

Is the whole team out?
Last I seen their school had 60+ student cases and over 300 students in the district were absent- a school of maybe 800 total. I'd assume they were missing the vast majority of the football team, especially considering they're still playing other sports but shut football down.

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

SEOFootball wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:11 am
Pat wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:53 pm

Is the whole team out?
Last I seen their school had 60+ student cases and over 300 students in the district were absent- a school of maybe 800 total. I'd assume they were missing the vast majority of the football team, especially considering they're still playing other sports but shut football down.
That and that fact that they could lose to VC. Can't chance that. Didn't need the whole team to beat Miller and it gave the JV players some real game experience in a varsity game so that was probably a good call to play that one. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”