Week 3: Vinton County (2-0) @ Trimble (2-0)

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Re: Week 3: Vinton County (2-0) @ Trimble (2-0)

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Pit Stop Billy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:36 pm
SEOFootball wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:11 am
Pat wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:53 pm

Is the whole team out?
Last I seen their school had 60+ student cases and over 300 students in the district were absent- a school of maybe 800 total. I'd assume they were missing the vast majority of the football team, especially considering they're still playing other sports but shut football down.
That and that fact that they could lose to VC. Can't chance that. Didn't need the whole team to beat Miller and it gave the JV players some real game experience in a varsity game so that was probably a good call to play that one. :mrgreen:
What makes you think they are scared to lose? They scheduled Fort Frye and John Marshall. You think they are scared of VC? :lol: :lol: Wait till NY plays VC, you’ll see they don’t want any part of the Cats.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Flexworth wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:35 pm
Dundas wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:39 pm
Flexworth wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:21 pm
First off, I don’t agree with hardly anything that Drippy stated. I believe being 2-0 earns some credibility, no matter how good the teams were or how good we looked. We are 2-0. I also think we should definitely finish above .500, especially since Trimble is off the schedule and we picked up a lower tier svc team. With you saying it would be the first time we finished above .500 since 2004, would you agree this senior class is probably the best group of athletes to come through since the 2004 class? Just asking your opinion. Vc has a really good chance now to be 3-0 now that were playing ZT. The kids very well deserve it. And as far as the two former assistants you stated above under Downs, add Lindner to that list.
You are correct. I forgot about Lindner. Although he wasn’t on the 04 staff. This senior class is good, but I’m not sure they are hands down the best since 04. I believe what you are seeing is a combination of scheduling teams we should compete with as well as an enthusiastic head coach that I believe is going to be a very good one when we look back on this program in the future. We went through a 10 year stretch of playing over our heads and the last handful of years, we’ve gotten the schedule right, IMO. VC should be able to win a minimum of 4 games a year. Every year. It should never have trouble doing that with playing smaller schools in conference. I think we are seeing a nice marriage of talent, coaching and scheduling and it just may get VC a home playoff game this season.
Nahh.. Dundas, Your wrong. This senior class never lost a game in lil league and only once in middle school. And winning JV record. Lol
I just want to point out that this class lost to both Jackson and Meigs in 7th and 8th grade (4 losses). I don’t recall their jv record, although it would’ve been grouped with other classes. I obviously do not recall the 04 little league results but I do know they lost 2 games in jr high (both to Jackson). So if you’re going by jr high records to determine the strength of the class, 04 wins it. Lol

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:13 pm
SEOFootball wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:11 am

Last I seen their school had 60+ student cases and over 300 students in the district were absent- a school of maybe 800 total. I'd assume they were missing the vast majority of the football team, especially considering they're still playing other sports but shut football down.
That and that fact that they could lose to VC. Can't chance that. Didn't need the whole team to beat Miller and it gave the JV players some real game experience in a varsity game so that was probably a good call to play that one. :mrgreen:
What makes you think they are scared to lose? They scheduled Fort Frye and John Marshall. You think they are scared of VC? :lol: :lol: Wait till NY plays VC, you’ll see they don’t want any part of the Cats.
We'll see if you actually play those teams, or if you find a reason to cancel. But you played Miller and I'll bet you play Southern and South Gallia no matter what. :mrgreen:

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Pit Stop Billy wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:18 pm

We'll see if you actually play those teams, or if you find a reason to cancel. But you played Miller and I'll bet you play Southern and South Gallia no matter what. :mrgreen:
Playing VC would be the same outcome, so why risk the kids health? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:14 pm

Yea, easy to say after you dodged them. Hope you get all your JV players back this week for Waterford. Would hate for you to have an excuse if they beat ya. :mrgreen:

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Pit Stop Billy wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:56 am

Yea, easy to say after you dodged them. Hope you get all your JV players back this week for Waterford. Would hate for you to have an excuse if they beat ya. :mrgreen:
No excuses here in Glouster, just titles. Catch up.

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:00 pm

Yea, too bad Ironton won't play you. But it would be the same result as Miller and VC, right? :lol:

Can't wait to see if you play Fort Frye. That's the burning question. Will you nut up or will you be "quarantined" and say "oh well would have been the same result as Miller? :mrgreen:

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

Pit Stop Billy wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:21 pm

Yea, too bad Ironton won't play you. But it would be the same result as Miller and VC, right? :lol:

Can't wait to see if you play Fort Frye. That's the burning question. Will you nut up or will you be "quarantined" and say "oh well would have been the same result as Miller? :mrgreen:
Ironton? What do they have to do with this? But since you brought it up yea they'd be a tough game. But I'd give the edge to the Cats with the way better offense. Our passing game would give them fits and I think we could stop them with our D. Maybe if a couple teams duck us and them later in the year we can make that game a reality. We earned some respect from them when we sent our Jay Vee team down there. Would love to play the varsity in the Tanks.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

I’m a realist, I don’t think we could beat Ironton and I don’t think we’ll beat Fort Frye. What I do know is the Tomcats wouldn’t shy away from taking them games and giving them a run for their money (obviously we put Fort Frye on the schedule) It’s obvious you just have something against the Cats for some reason. How you trying to take away something from one of the best D7 programs in SEO?
You love being a troll.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:43 pm

I’m a realist, I don’t think we could beat Ironton and I don’t think we’ll beat Fort Frye. What I do know is the Tomcats wouldn’t shy away from taking them games and giving them a run for their money (obviously we put Fort Frye on the schedule) It’s obvious you just have something against the Cats for some reason. How you trying to take away something from one of the best D7 programs in SEO?
You love being a troll.
This is my opinion I don’t think you would have beat VC. You all canceled on them. It really is a shame that we all got robbed of finding out who was the best in the TVC. It would have been the same as 2019 when we came up and handed you the only loss of the year. VC might get out coached but they have the horses to win this season.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

This thread has turned into nonsense at this point.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”