Week 3: Vinton County (2-0) @ Trimble (2-0)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Week 3: Vinton County (2-0) @ Trimble (2-0)

Post by 93Bulldog »

Going to be an interesting match up. I have seen the Cats up close and personal and I have watched the Vikes a little on BMG - and I'm pretty sure VC has a size advantage up front, if not all over the field. Not an easy game by any means for Trimble. But It is in Glouster, so that's good.

Friday's game will be the Athens County game of the week on Power 105.5FM or https://www.wxtq.com/

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

TVC runs thorough Glouster

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:08 pm FWIW….the Trimble senior class of excellent athletes we’re definitely not playing JV even as freshman. Several tremendous athletes.
They were starting on a team that was trying to win a state title. Beat the TVC Ohio Champ 35-0 :lol:

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

If the Trimble team shows up that showed up week one, it’ll be closer than most think, maybe like a 21-18 score. Being week three, hoping the Cats got their stuff together I’ll take the cats 34-13.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Amock0905
Freshman Team

Post by Amock0905 »

Drippy96 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:44 pm Trimble big. The coaching staff at Vinton County will be their downfall this year. Bethel would have made this game a closer contest.
Get out with your negativity most true vc fans believe in this staff and love the energy they bring give the new guy his credit he’s done what no other coach has done in many years

The 24 year drought is over! 🏈🏆
Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

This should be a good game. With Trimble only edging out N-Y by a point I can’t see them beating Vc handily, due to the fact Vc went in to double OT last year with N-Y. But Vc has played two Bad teams and our offense struggled against them both. I look for Vc to look much better this week. This will be a big test for both teams. Go Vikes!!

Drippy96
Waterboy

Post by Drippy96 »

Amock0905 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:20 am
Drippy96 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:44 pm Trimble big. The coaching staff at Vinton County will be their downfall this year. Bethel would have made this game a closer contest.
Get out with your negativity most true vc fans believe in this staff and love the energy they bring give the new guy his credit he’s done what no other coach has done in many years
It’s not negativity. There’s a reason why Bethel didn’t keep these assistant coaches.2-0 against junker teams. Good chance Ohio state will hire them.

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

Drippy96 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:03 am
It’s not negativity. There’s a reason why Bethel didn’t keep these assistant coaches.2-0 against junker teams. Good chance Ohio state will hire them.
What in the world does the Ohio State comment mean??

Drippy96
Waterboy

Post by Drippy96 »

VC94 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:52 pm

It means people think these assistants are the next best thing since Jesus walked on water. I hope they do well but their history with past coaches speak for themselves or has everyone forgotten about it.Ohio State was sarcasm. Does this explain it or is this more like college prep algebra?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

mattash wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:20 pm TVC runs thorough Glouster
They play in different divisions

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Drippy96 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:34 pm
It means people think these assistants are the next best thing since Jesus walked on water. I hope they do well but their history with past coaches speak for themselves or has everyone forgotten about it.Ohio State was sarcasm. Does this explain it or is this more like college prep algebra?
A good head coach can win with any assistant. It’s delegating assignments and holding coaches accountable that makes a good head coach. It’s holding assistants to a certain level and expecting them to follow his lead. I haven’t heard a single VC fan say our assistants are equivalent to Jesus Christ himself. So I’m not sure where you picked that one up. I do hear people say that coach Carper has brought an energy like no one has before and I believe that has spilled over to the “Jesus like assistants” Maybe with the right leader, these assistants can be successful. I’d also like to point out, only two of the assistants were coaching under Downs. So let’s just make it known that you have an issue with Mendes and or Waugh. I’d imagine they don’t really care though. They’re 2-0. They have a good change to do something we haven’t seen since 2004 and that’s finish above 500 for the season. They probably don’t give two 💩 about what Drippy has to say.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:44 pm
mattash wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:20 pm TVC runs thorough Glouster
They play in different divisions
Yeah I know, but Trimble still may be best overall TVC team. Maybe

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Drippy96
Waterboy

Post by Drippy96 »

Dundas wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:30 pm
A good head coach can win with any assistant. It’s delegating assignments and holding coaches accountable that makes a good head coach. It’s holding assistants to a certain level and expecting them to follow his lead. I haven’t heard a single VC fan say our assistants are equivalent to Jesus Christ himself. So I’m not sure where you picked that one up. I do hear people say that coach Carper has brought an energy like no one has before and I believe that has spilled over to the “Jesus like assistants” Maybe with the right leader, these assistants can be successful. I’d also like to point out, only two of the assistants were coaching under Downs. So let’s just make it known that you have an issue with Mendes and or Waugh. I’d imagine they don’t really care though. They’re 2-0. They have a good change to do something we haven’t seen since 2004 and that’s finish above 500 for the season. They probably don’t give two 💩 about what Drippy has to say.
I was hoping for three poop emojis. Hopefully this coach can finally make them successful.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Game is cancelled
Vinton Co now playing at Zane Trace

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

icanpickem wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:34 pm Game is cancelled
Is Trimble dodging VC?

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
SEOFootball
Waterboy

Post by SEOFootball »

Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:08 pm
Is Trimble dodging VC?
lol. I'm sure their hands were tied or this game would have been played. That's just an ignorant comment.

On a real note, I feel bad for those Trimble seniors. A few of them started for the state runner-up team as freshman, had great sophomore seasons, had their first Covid season last year, then are dealt another crappy hand this week. This group of seniors is one of the most loaded small school classes I've seen in a long time and they get the short end of the stick again. I'm sure they will bounce back and make a playoff run, I'm also sure they weren't afraid to play VC this week- I bet they were looking forward to the nice playoff points.

Cal preps had this 28-12 Trimble at a neutral site. I was expecting a 20 point W for Trimble but I guess we will never know. Good luck to both teams going forward.
Last edited by SEOFootball on Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomcatsroll
Freshman Team

Post by tomcatsroll »

Trimble had 119 kids out of school on Tuesday and also had 4-5 kids out last Friday against Miller. Health comes first, but also why is it only effecting the football team. All other sports are allowed to continue just not football until September 8th. Makes no sense to me. If they are concerned about the health of students and student athletes why are they not shutting school down. Same kids that go to school are the same kids that play sports.

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Dundas wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:30 pm
First off, I don’t agree with hardly anything that Drippy stated. I believe being 2-0 earns some credibility, no matter how good the teams were or how good we looked. We are 2-0. I also think we should definitely finish above .500, especially since Trimble is off the schedule and we picked up a lower tier svc team. With you saying it would be the first time we finished above .500 since 2004, would you agree this senior class is probably the best group of athletes to come through since the 2004 class? Just asking your opinion. Vc has a really good chance now to be 3-0 now that were playing ZT. The kids very well deserve it. And as far as the two former assistants you stated above under Downs, add Lindner to that list.
Last edited by Flexworth on Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:08 pm
Is Trimble dodging VC?
Why would Trimble want to dodge VC? We haven’t proved much nor earned that stature. Especially from a proven program like Trimble.

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

tomcatsroll wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:28 pm Trimble had 119 kids out of school on Tuesday and also had 4-5 kids out last Friday against Miller. Health comes first, but also why is it only effecting the football team. All other sports are allowed to continue just not football until September 8th. Makes no sense to me. If they are concerned about the health of students and student athletes why are they not shutting school down. Same kids that go to school are the same kids that play sports.
Wow, that is crazy. Best of luck to you all moving forward. Vc most likely have dodged a bullet with this outcome.

Return to “Football”