Waverly Receivers

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Waverly Receivers

Post by Shoedaddy »

Waverly has had two different receivers go for over 100 yards in a game. (Stulley 130 and Morrison 189) Futhey who is going D1 isn't one of them. Bowles who will likely be the fastest kid on the field for at least their first 12 games (hopefully they play that many or more) and didn't play football last year is still developing and isn't one of them. I see these two having that type of game and Crabtree could be the 5th. Has to be the best WR group in SEOPS!
Last edited by Shoedaddy on Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Waverly Receivers

Post by BigBlueNation »

Shoedaddy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:37 pm Waverly has had two different receivers go for over 100 yards in a game. (Stulley and Morrison) Futhey who is going D1 isn't one of them. Bowles who will likely be the fastest kid on the field for at least their first 12 games (hopefully they play that many or more) and didn't play football last year is still developing and isn't one of them. I see these two having that type of game and Crabtree could be the 5th. Has to be the best WR group in SEOPS!
Agreed. That's a great bunch. Sounds like Wade has been throwing it well.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Waverly always has so much talent at the skill positions.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I POSTED THIS ON THE WAVERLY TIGERS FOOTBALL THREAD

OFFENSIVE LEADERS THROUGH TWO GAMES

PASSING
Wade Futhey 36-48 641 Yds 7 TD’s 1 Rushing TD 2 INT

RECEIVING
Penn Morrison 10 Receptions 243 Yds 4 TD’s
(1 INT, 1 Fumble Recovery)
Will Futhey 9 Receptions 123 Yds
Mark Stulley 8 Receptions 139 Yds 1 TD
Wyatt Crabtree 3 Receptions 59 Yds 1 TD
Alex Boles 3 Receptions 48 Yds 1 TD

RUSHING
Jace Hurd 36 Carries 226 Yds 3 TD’s 6.2 Avg.

DEFENSES PICK YOUR POISON

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

mattash wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:41 pm Waverly always has so much talent at the skill positions.
How many championships has that talent lead to over the years?

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

1 right?

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Just happened to be in the same division as Wheelersburg but I bet they go on a run

Michael Scott
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Really good group. Hard to stop.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mattash wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:17 pm Just happened to be in the same division as Wheelersburg but I bet they go on a run
And Cincy D4 region is BRUTAL. It took the #1 team in the State a FG as time expired to beat the Tigers last year. A game many didn’t give Waverly much of chance to win.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

transplant wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:15 pm
mattash wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:41 pm Waverly always has so much talent at the skill positions.
An outright SOC title last year. This program has took leaps from where it was in the early 2010s up until 2016 when Waverly took a huge jump

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

Grizzly Adams did have a beard.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Is futhey the quarterback? I thought he was a receiver. I forgot who was the qb for waverly last year but that kid was really good.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:11 pm Is futhey the quarterback? I thought he was a receiver. I forgot who was the qb for waverly last year but that kid was really good.
Will is a wr.
Wade is the qb.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:11 pm Is futhey the quarterback? I thought he was a receiver. I forgot who was the qb for waverly last year but that kid was really good.
Twin brother

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

They’re developing athletes at Waverly. They keep trusting the process and putting in the work, the ships will come

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Gotcha, thanks. They have always had athletes. Trust the process I guess.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:49 pm
Twin brother
I didn’t realize twins. Thank you for the info.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Big question for Waverly going forward is what do they have coming in? This years group is arguably the best in SEO but mostly made up of seniors and Crabtree is a TE.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

greygoose wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:16 pm Big question for Waverly going forward is what do they have coming in? This years group is arguably the best in SEO but mostly made up of seniors and Crabtree is a TE.
Will have Crabtree at TE and Boles at WR back next year, both will be seniors. Then it will be a lot of guys no one has heard of yet. My guess is H. Kelly at WR, he will be a senior next year and plays some DB this year. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Robertson get in on some of the action at TE, kid is too talented to not get the ball too. Then after that will probably see a lot of sophomore skill guys along with a sophomore QB. Luckily they will be returning multiple good RBs and an experienced o-line that they can lean on when needed to help with some of the lack of experience else where.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:35 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:16 pm Big question for Waverly going forward is what do they have coming in? This years group is arguably the best in SEO but mostly made up of seniors and Crabtree is a TE.
Will have Crabtree at TE and Boles at WR back next year, both will be seniors. Then it will be a lot of guys no one has heard of yet. My guess is H. Kelly at WR, he will be a senior next year and plays some DB this year. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Robertson get in on some of the action at TE, kid is too talented to not get the ball too. Then after that will probably see a lot of sophomore skill guys along with a sophomore QB. Luckily they will be returning multiple good RBs and an experienced o-line that they can lean on when needed to help with some of the lack of experience else where.
Kind of what I was wondering about, Waverly will for sure have to develop come next year and sounds like they'll be fairly young at the skilled positions. Looking at sophomores being out there for a lot of time looks like there's room where they could see freshman playing as well if they have anything coming up. They for sure should have the OL and running game to help supplement until the youngsters get up to speed.

Return to “Football”