Dundas
SEOPS

Zane Trace 28 Vinton County 21 2021

Post by Dundas »

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Re: Week 2: 2-0 Vinton County @ 1-1 Zane Trace

Post by Bumpy »

good matchup here, low scoring game. Slight edge to VC.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VC moves to 3-0

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Zane Trace lost to Logan Elm 28-27 OT
Zane Trace blasted an undermanned Madison Plains squad 56-0.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

petesweaty wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:39 pm Zane Trace lost to Logan Elm 28-27 OT
Zane Trace blasted an undermanned Madison Plains squad 56-0.
So what’s your pick?

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Zane Trace is better than the last few years. Three sport athlete at QB with speed. Hard running downhill fullback and a very talented tight end. Pretty good upfront on defense. Not sure how good VC is, so no prediction. :)

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Go VC-- Win by 6.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Vinton County is 8-2-1 all time vs Zane Trace

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

a win for vinton county in this game. would give this team a legitimate shot at maybe hosting a first round playoff game as a goal. I think this game is very even with vinton county being on the road.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:07 pm Vinton County is 8-2-1 all time vs Zane Trace
The two schools have not played in football since the 90s.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

VC is a lot bigger and more physical. VC wins 19-12

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

VC should definitely beat NT and move on to 3-0

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

svac83 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:34 pm a win for vinton county in this game. would give this team a legitimate shot at maybe hosting a first round playoff game as a goal. I think this game is very even with vinton county being on the road.
Hosting? By beating a small svc team thats not good.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VC94 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:48 pm
svac83 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:34 pm a win for vinton county in this game. would give this team a legitimate shot at maybe hosting a first round playoff game as a goal. I think this game is very even with vinton county being on the road.
I don’t think svac is saying a win against ZT makes us a legit playoff hosting team. I think he’s saying moving to 3-0 and with the remaining schedule, it would be possible to finish high enough in the standings to do so. If VC wins Friday and moves to 3-0, I think the Vikings would be favored in 5 of their last 7 games. So 8-2 would be a real possibility. A loss to ZT and VC could be staring at another .500 year. I also wouldn’t say that ZT is small or not good. They are a D5 football school and the second largest SVC member. They also just beat a team by 56 points and only lost to Logan Elm in week 1 by a point. In overtime. LE is 2-0 and played pretty evenly with VC in their shortened scrimmage in the preseason. I believe what you are doing is setting yourself up to discredit VC if they win this game and also giving yourself the ability to say how bad of a loss it is if they lose. The fact is, ZT has been comparable or even better than VC has been over the last 10 years. So if VC can win on the road and move to 3-0, that’s a pretty impressive feat. Considering they had little time to prepare for their opponent and the fact that we have a first year head coach.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Go VC. 3-0 too bad Trimble ducked out on ya! 28-13

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Ed Gennero wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:33 pm VC is a lot bigger and more physical. VC wins 19-12
I think you will be surprised by ZT’s O line size and physicality. That’s what coach Hinton & company does, pounds the ball at you.

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:19 pm
I don’t think svac is saying a win against ZT makes us a legit playoff hosting team. I think he’s saying moving to 3-0 and with the remaining schedule, it would be possible to finish high enough in the standings to do so. If VC wins Friday and moves to 3-0, I think the Vikings would be favored in 5 of their last 7 games. So 8-2 would be a real possibility. A loss to ZT and VC could be staring at another .500 year. I also wouldn’t say that ZT is small or not good. They are a D5 football school and the second largest SVC member. They also just beat a team by 56 points and only lost to Logan Elm in week 1 by a point. In overtime. LE is 2-0 and played pretty evenly with VC in their shortened scrimmage in the preseason. I believe what you are doing is setting yourself up to discredit VC if they win this game and also giving yourself the ability to say how bad of a loss it is if they lose. The fact is, ZT has been comparable or even better than VC has been over the last 10 years. So if VC can win on the road and move to 3-0, that’s a pretty impressive feat. Considering they had little time to prepare for their opponent and the fact that we have a first year head coach.
Dundas/svac83, because I'm sure its the same person. You are way wrong if you think Im trying to discredit the vikes. You are out there buddy with that belief. I was saying beating ZT does not make us a playoff team, even though I forgot they take 12 teams now. Im a huge Vc fan and I'm only saying we should beat ZT 80% of the time. Were the bigger school and typically with size comes physicality. They may be the second biggest in the svc but were also the second biggest in the tvc. They have been down a while and struggled last year with a first year head coach. We also beat their Jv team last year pretty good. And we have the same time to prepare for them as they do us, correct? These games are games we should win, period. If we lose, I’ll give ZT credit deserved and give my opinion about us. If we win I’ll definitely give us praise. I’ve never discredited us, only stated my opinion. Is no one allowed to state their opinion other than you on here? You voice your opinion on here and your red zone podcast. We all know how well you like to hear yourself talk.
Last edited by VC94 on Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

Go Vikes!! Keep moving forward!! 3-0!!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VC94 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:27 am
Dundas/svac83, because I'm sure its the same person. You are way wrong if you think Im trying to discredit the vikes. You are out there buddy with that belief. I was saying beating ZT does not make us a playoff team, even though I forgot they take 12 teams now. Im a huge Vc fan and I'm only saying we should beat ZT 80% of the time. Were the bigger school and typically with size comes physicality. They may be the second biggest in the svc but were also the second biggest in the tvc. They have been down a while and struggled last year with a first year head coach. We also beat their Jv team last year pretty good. And we have the same time to prepare for them as they do us, correct? These games are games we should win, period. If we lose, I’ll give ZT credit deserved and give my opinion about us. If we win I’ll definitely give us praise. I’ve never discredited us, only stated my opinion. Is no one allowed to state their opinion other than you on here? You voice your opinion on here and your red zone podcast. We all know how well you like to hear yourself talk.

Haha I’m glad you listen to the show! I have no idea who svac is so we’re definitely not the same person. Most people know who I am on here. I also love hearing myself talk. Who doesn’t?? Everyone is entitled to an opinion but it just seems as if you’re opinions on this game have a built in excuse for either outcome. Why don’t you come on the show next week and we can let you talk about your take on the game this Friday? I’ll let you do all the talking.

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

Dundas wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:38 am
VC94 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:27 am

Haha I’m glad you listen to the show! I have no idea who svac is so we’re definitely not the same person. Most people know who I am on here. I also love hearing myself talk. Who doesn’t?? Everyone is entitled to an opinion but it just seems as if you’re opinions on this game have a built in excuse for either outcome. Why don’t you come on the show next week and we can let you talk about your take on the game this Friday? I’ll let you do all the talking.
Thanks but no thanks. I don’t listen to it much anymore, although I really enjoyed it the 2nd half of the season last year. As far as having a built in excuse, I’m not that smart to construct that.

Return to “Football”