Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Moellar vs Lokata East

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

scott1297
All Conference

Re: Moellar vs Lokata East link: Ironton is not gonna be able to move the ball

Post by scott1297 »

Ironton has no chance what so ever against Moeller and if they are lucky that no one gets hurt

Burg grad 85
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Probably going to be about like Bishop Sycamore playing IMG the other day!!!

I can’t believe Moeller even took this game. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:21 am Probably going to be about like Bishop Sycamore playing IMG the other day!!!

I can’t believe Moeller even took this game. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose.
One, Moeller has to fill a schedule. For them, that is not easy to do. Hence they play teams from Cleveland, Michigan, Indianapolis, and Louisville.

Two, this is a reasonably easy win; at least the easiest game on their schedule. Will give them a chance to work on things in a hostile environment.

Three, money. Ironton brings in a crowd, and this game will be big.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

National Spelling Bee Moderator:

“MOELLER”

Spelling Bee Contestant:

“Can you please demonstrate that word in a LENGTHY sentence”?

“Outside of academia prestige, Cincinnati MOELLER, is one of the most successful High School Football Programs in Ohio High School Football History, under Head Coach Gerry Faust”.

National Spelling Bee Contestant:

MOELLER.

“M-O-E-L-L-E-R

“MOELLER”

National Spelling Bee Sound Effects Person:
“DING-DING”

Next contestant please.

TJHTYGEVERVE: couldn’t resist dawg.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

At least Ironton is trying to get better by seeing what that team up North is doing and scheduling up.
The OVC is weak nothing against those schools but they always have been.
Ironton was lucky against Jackson with a win the question is was Ironton holding back they was running plays that was constantly failing.
Or was it simply Jackson was a good team.
I believe maybe it was both.
It is a long season and Jackson is for real.
As far as Moeller they are the real deal no doubt this is a win win for Ironton win or lose.
Can they win yes will they probably not.
I do expect them to play hard be competitive and keep it close.
Ironton has the talent to win but they need to stop the penalties and control the line of scrimmage.
No ifs or buts.
Kudos for for scheduling up and preparing for playoffs Kirtland has been doing it for years sadly SE Ohio hasn't and it as shown.
Wheelersburg did for awhile the Columbus teams and Ironton used to with Columbus Desales maybe that is the key play the power houses and get the experience needed.
8-2 and bounced in the playoffs or 6-4 and run to the tittle which is better ?

Go2Guy
Waterboy

Post by Go2Guy »

Give them TIGERS credit for taking on the challenge!!!! You only get better by playing teams better than you..... Big step up for Ironton program, shows there not scared to put the pads on hit with a bigger, better team.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Go2Guy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:59 am Give them TIGERS credit for taking on the challenge!!!! You only get better by playing teams better than you..... Big step up for Ironton program, shows there not scared to put the pads on hit with a bigger, better team.
Definitely credit for taking such a challenge, but this is a bit much. Cincinnati Wyoming, Clinton Massie, a MAC school, one of the D3 Columbus catholic schools, etc.

Playing Moeller is too much of a stretch. Even most D1 public schools avoid playing them and the other GCL schools. No incentive for these schools to sign up for a butt-kicking loss.

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:47 am National Spelling Bee Moderator:

“MOELLER”

Spelling Bee Contestant:

“Can you please demonstrate that word in a LENGTHY sentence”?

“Outside of academia prestige, Cincinnati MOELLER, is one of the most successful High School Football Programs in Ohio High School Football History, under Head Coach Gerry Faust”.

National Spelling Bee Contestant:

MOELLER.

“M-O-E-L-L-E-R

“MOELLER”

National Spelling Bee Sound Effects Person:
“DING-DING”

Next contestant please.

TJHTYGEVERVE: couldn’t resist dawg.
I think you mean speedkillz. :mrgreen:

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

The gate money will be unbelievable. And exposure for the ironton kids. Ironton can win but I don’t see it happening. I think it’s awesome to have a big school come to the area. Let the kids get exposure and hopefully have fun and stay healthy

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:30 pm The gate money will be unbelievable. And exposure for the ironton kids. Ironton can win but I don’t see it happening. I think it’s awesome to have a big school come to the area. Let the kids get exposure and hopefully have fun and stay healthy
Moellar, as chillidawg/speedkilz calls them, will envy Tank Stadium. :mrgreen:

Beergogglebluez
SE

Pit Stop Billy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:41 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:30 pm The gate money will be unbelievable. And exposure for the ironton kids. Ironton can win but I don’t see it happening. I think it’s awesome to have a big school come to the area. Let the kids get exposure and hopefully have fun and stay healthy
Lol I doubt that. No offense to ironton but moeller plays in huge stadiums with thousands of people. To small town Ohio the gate will be nice and a rare chance to see a huge school.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:01 pm
Lol I doubt that. No offense to ironton but moeller plays in huge stadiums with thousands of people. To small town Ohio the gate will be nice and a rare chance to see a huge school.
HOlD on a minute. Ironton DOES PLAY BEFORE THOUSANDS of people in a very nice stadium that seats 5,200. There are easily well over 6,000 people in Tank for games like the first one against Wheelersburg. We take in a very nice gate from teams like Ashland, Wheelersburg and Jackson. The Ironton program can hold it's own with any school in Ohio that's A D5 or often way larger

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

...and for many years (I'm not sure where it falls now) Ironton only trailed Moellar by one game and Newark Catholic by two for the most playoff appearances in the state. That was back when it wasn't a cake walk like it is today. One year, the Tigers went undefeated and still didn't make the playoffs.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

I'm starting to really think folks down there really do not get out much at all. 💀

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

kantucky wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:17 pm

HOlD on a minute. Ironton DOES PLAY BEFORE THOUSANDS of people in a very nice stadium that seats 5,200. There are easily well over 6,000 people in Tank for games like the first one against Wheelersburg. We take in a very nice gate from teams like Ashland, Wheelersburg and Jackson. The Ironton program can hold it's own with any school in Ohio that's A D5 or often way larger

That's small

Beergogglebluez
SE

Oh i know they do and make good gates. What I typed came out different then it looks. I meant moeller prob plays in front of tens of thousands at big stadiums. I picture the moeller vs st x would be a huge crowd. Irontons facilities are top notch and get a great crowd every week.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Go2Guy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:59 am Give them TIGERS credit for taking on the challenge!!!! You only get better by playing teams better than you..... Big step up for Ironton program, shows there not scared to put the pads on hit with a bigger, better team.

But it's a showcase game. It's about promotion more than a W or L.

So props for marketing I guess?

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:36 pm

Oh i know they do and make good gates. What I typed came out different then it looks. I meant moeller prob plays in front of tens of thousands at big stadiums. I picture the moeller vs st x would be a huge crowd. Irontons facilities are top notch and get a great crowd every week.
The crowds Ironton gets are not that special it just stands out in a small area

kantucky
Varsity

Re: Moellar vs Lokata East

Post by kantucky »

As I said, the stadium seats 5,200. I've seen it many times standing room only. Then there will be three to five deep around the field. For a D5 school, it's sure nothing to sneeze at!

Return to “Football”