Wheelersburg “transfers” over the years in football!!

frankie
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg “transfers” over the years in football!!

Post by frankie »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:00 pm
frankie wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:54 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:34 pm

Why in the hell do you even weigh in on this topic when you are from Athens?

I can wait!!! I have time!!!

Why in the hell do you Burg fans weigh in Ironton threads? :lol:

I said this topic. I didn’t say anything about a certain teams post.
You're a typical Burg fan splittin' hairs. :lol:

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

NOBODY CARES...WORK HARDER
accept the challenge and work harder

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

522Pirate wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:23 pm NOBODY CARES...WORK HARDER
accept the challenge and work harder
Amen. Burg knows what they’re up against and I think their staff from high school down to peewee will make any and all necessary changes in their program to remain a premier program in SE Ohio. Plenty of talent coming up and numbers will be around 80-90 kids next year. They’ll be fine*

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Good to see some reasonable Wheelersburg people on here. I’m guessing it’s the vast majority, with the loud minority looking like fools.

Ironton and Wheelersburg both have been the beneficiaries of transfers over the years. It’s a natural byproduct of being the most successful (or in some cases, only) football program in their immediate areas. If my kid was a big art/drama person, and I could take her over to the next district to get into a much better program for that, I’d be a fool not to. Anybody from either side acting like transfers haven’t been a big part of their historical success is a fool.

I want to beat Wheelersburg in every sport every time out. However, I have respect for a great many adults over there, and have no doubt they are doing things the right way with respect for transfers. Anything less would not be tolerated, at least in my experience.

Iron sharpens iron. The path for both programs to the top is for both to be elite programs to serve as a measuring stick for both sides as well as top level competition on your schedule every year.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Agreed...not trying to act like I’m the most popular person in Burg but I do talk to quite a few people around the program and parents with young men on the team and literally no one says anything about it.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

The best was when they don’t hire a band director or canceled band when CB came about to stay d5! Other means to an end besides transfers SAVAGE. Then hire the worst band director you can find to run off the worthless burg bandies.
Last edited by allamericanironman on Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

522Pirate wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:17 pm Agreed...not trying to act like I’m the most popular person in Burg but I do talk to quite a few people around the program and parents with young men on the team and literally no one says anything about it.
Its the old heads that bitch and cry about it. They are just old and out of touch.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

The schoois in this area are Div. V-VII small schools. One or two quality players can and does make difference, no doubt about it. I will agree that in football vs other sports the impact is not as great, thus why the state established different multipliers for the CB calculations. However for this season school size numbers were not reset.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Heres another school of thought: that's your problem for choosing to live in a small community w a small school that is so impacted by just one or two transfers.

Don't like it? Move to the city and send ya kid to St Eds or somewhere similar and let junior go compete in a big pool for once.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:50 pm Heres another school of thought: that's your problem for choosing to live in a small community w a small school that is so impacted by just one or two transfers.

Don't like it? Move to the city and send ya kid to St Eds or somewhere similar and let junior go compete in a big pool for once.
Maybe junior and his parents are afraid junior might drown in that big pool.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Dude is answering his own questions.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Can someone from Ironton answer this. 2019 season, does Ironton have the same season without the two players from Raceland, the two I believe from Ashland and the kicker from West???

I seriously doubt it.

No one from Burg has ever disputed that there have been transfers come to Burg. Not one time have I read on here an Ironton follower admit that they have.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Both have had plenty of transfers. I wish we could drop it

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

allamericanironman wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:30 pm The best was when they don’t hire a band director or canceled band when CB came about to stay d5! Other means to an end besides transfers SAVAGE. Then hire the worst band director you can find to run off the worthless burg bandies.
The football or any sports CB numbers are only calculated for that particular team’s roster of players. Band members do not effect sports teams’ CB number.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ed Gennero wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:39 pm Both have had plenty of transfers. I wish we could drop it

I will when Ironton supporters admit it.

They can’t though. Would taint that image!!

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:51 pm
Ed Gennero wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:39 pm Both have had plenty of transfers. I wish we could drop it

Jackson and waverly also have had a lot
Portsmouth and west too

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:40 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:30 pm The best was when they don’t hire a band director or canceled band when CB came about to stay d5! Other means to an end besides transfers SAVAGE. Then hire the worst band director you can find to run off the worthless burg bandies.
The football or any sports CB numbers are only calculated for that particular team’s roster of players. Band members do not effect sports teams’ CB number.
Divisions are based on number of boys in school. When you have boys transfer out to do band elsewhere let’s say PHS or West you end up with a lower Number of boys.
So we find out we are going to be moved to div 4 with our new CB so the solution is to get rid of boys from band. Does this help explain things?

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:34 pm Can someone from Ironton answer this. 2019 season, does Ironton have the same season without the two players from Raceland, the two I believe from Ashland and the kicker from West???

I seriously doubt it.

No one from Burg has ever disputed that there have been transfers come to Burg. Not one time have I read on here an Ironton follower admit that they have.
Thats a fair statement however, context: that doesnt make burg somehow better than what they have been the last two seasons and it doesn't diminish Irontons accomplishments the last two seasons.

Presently Irontons tranjectory has been higher/better than Burg. Last two times they played head to head, its been a blowout. The freshman games were also blowouts in favor of Ironton. Presently, this is the reality and this is where these two programs are. One is trending up, one is trending down.

Now we should start from right there.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Ed Gennero wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:57 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:51 pm

Jackson and waverly also have had a lot
Portsmouth and west too
But thats the thing, it doesnt taint any image. Its normal. Its part of the game. Outdated perceptions do not decide what diminishes these kids accomplishments. Ya just old, with an outdated perception, and emotional maturity issues yet to solve.

It doesnt taint anyone. Not burg or ironton or anyone. It's normal.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:34 pm Can someone from Ironton answer this. 2019 season, does Ironton have the same season without the two players from Raceland, the two I believe from Ashland and the kicker from West???

I seriously doubt it.

If Ironton had less good players, they would have been worse.

Can we drop it now?

Return to “Football”