Wheelersburg “transfers” over the years in football!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Wheelersburg “transfers” over the years in football!!

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Just going to try and remember some of these so called “stud” or “impact” transfers Burg had had over the years. I’ll try to name as many as I can.

Josh Mayhew-Senior-came from Minford. Played LB for Burg. Did he make a difference that year?? Don’t think so. Burg did make it I think to the Regional finals but lost to Germantown Valley View. Believe they would have made it that far without him.

Tanner Wilson-Senior-came from Ironton. Played TE and LB I think. Was he a difference maker?? I don’t think so. Burg lost in the Regional Final that year.

Cole Lowery-Junior-came from Portsmouth same year as Wilson. Was he a difference maker? Probably not his Junior year. Played on the state championship team for Burg his Senior year. Played a key role that year but does Burg win state without him?? I think they do!!

Can’t think of any others over the years. I’m sure other people might have some but I’ve been watching Burg football for over 45 years and just can’t seem to ever remember any other players or more than two players coming in the same year. (Happened once that I can remember)

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Re: Wheelersburg “transfers” over the years in football!!

Post by Mission15 »

Role player and depth transfers are equally essential to success including those who do NOT live in the WB district and started from K-2 on.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Mission15 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:09 pm Role player and depth transfers are equally essential to success including those who do NOT live in the WB district and started from K-2 on.
Perhaps but hard to tell if a k-3 boy is actually going to be any good let alone play at that age. Just because the parents send them at that age doesn’t necessarily mean they will play. It’s tremendously more beneficial to get them with proven ability

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:17 pm
Mission15 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:09 pm Role player and depth transfers are equally essential to success including those who do NOT live in the WB district and started from K-2 on.
Perhaps but hard to tell if a k-3 boy is actually going to be any good let alone play at that age. Just because the parents send them at that age doesn’t necessarily mean they will play. It’s tremendously more beneficial to get them with proven ability
It's still a numbers game, and thats why competitive balance was implemented. I would also assume that most of those children who start at WB with being outside the district are from affluent families with more economic advantages as well.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Absolutely clueless!!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Competitive balance has changed nothing at Wheelersburg. They have not changed divisions because of the number of open enrollment kids they have.

Competitive balance was implemented to stop the Harvest Preps and Afrocentric’s, private schools that is from loading up with kids from all over there area. The majority of those schools have actually jumped up a division or two. Burg has never changed.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Wheelersburg gets no recruits

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:28 pm Wheelersburg gets no recruits

Why in the hell do you even weigh in on this topic when you are from Athens??

Name me the players you know that were recruited to Burg??!

I can wait!!! I have time!!!

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Nathan Klaiber- Green, Chad Reinhardt- Minford, Chris Carter- Everywhere, Cogan- Green... these were all impact players just off the top of my head.... we have benefited greatly from transfers over the years to deny it is ridiculous. the vast majority of Burg knows we get alot of transfers

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:34 pm

Why in the hell do you even weigh in on this topic when you are from Athens?

Why in the hell do you Burg fans weigh in Ironton threads? :lol:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

frankie wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:54 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:34 pm

Why in the hell do you even weigh in on this topic when you are from Athens?

Why in the hell do you Burg fans weigh in Ironton threads? :lol:

I said this topic. I didn’t say anything about a certain teams post.

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:22 pm

Absolutely clueless!!!!
You're from Wheelersburg, you don't understand your own arrogance, but that's just how Wheelersburg people are.

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:27 pm Competitive balance has changed nothing at Wheelersburg. They have not changed divisions because of the number of open enrollment kids they have.

Competitive balance was implemented to stop the Harvest Preps and Afrocentric’s, private schools that is from loading up with kids from all over there area. The majority of those schools have actually jumped up a division or two. Burg has never changed.
The effect of it is immaterial. You have one if not of the highest in the region for the aforementioned reasons. You are having a hard time comprehending.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Blitz wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:44 pm Nathan Klaiber- Green, Chad Reinhardt- Minford, Chris Carter- Everywhere, Cogan- Green... these were all impact players just off the top of my head.... we have benefited greatly from transfers over the years to deny it is ridiculous. the vast majority of Burg knows we get alot of transfers

Did any of them come to Burg in the same year??

Like 5-6 of them at a time.

That’s what everyone’s bitch is on the whole subject. Trust me, I know Burg has had kids play at Burg from other schools over the years but never to the tune of 5-6 players in one year.

One or two players is not going to make that big of a difference for one season. 5/6 is half a team.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Mission15 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:03 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:27 pm Competitive balance has changed nothing at Wheelersburg. They have not changed divisions because of the number of open enrollment kids they have.

The effect of it is immaterial. You have one if not of the highest in the region for the aforementioned reasons. You are having a hard time comprehending.

Then explain to me how it has changed Burg.

You are having a hard time comprehending what Woby has explained on here. A lot of kids have a Burg zip code but live right outside the district.

Burg having a high CB number has done what for them?? It’s not like they were DVI for years and then got bumped to DV. They’ve been DV for years.
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:08 pm
Mission15 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:03 pm

Then explain to me how it has changed Burg.

You are having a hard time comprehending what Woby has explained on here. A lot of kids have a Burg zip code but live right outside the district.

Burg having a high CB number has done what for them?? It’s not like they were DVI for years and then got bumped to DV. They’ve been DV for years.
\More kids make a difference regardless of what age, get that through your head.

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

When you get multiple d1 programs recruiting multiple players and making trips to your city you will get more players. That's just the reality. If Wheelersburg don't like it they need to be more dynamic in their exposure efforts. Pendleton is also doing the most dynamic strength and conditioning practices right now. Ironton is and will continue to pass up surrounding programs.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Mission15 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:13 pm When you get multiple d1 programs recruiting multiple players and making trips to your city you will get more players. That's just the reality. If Wheelersburg don't like it they need to be more dynamic in their exposure efforts. Pendleton is also doing the most dynamic strength and conditioning practices right now. Ironton is and will continue to pass up surrounding programs.

Sure they will if he can continue to get the best players from surrounding teams. You give any coach around here 5-6 of the better players around here and they will have a hell of a team.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:04 pm
Blitz wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:44 pm Nathan Klaiber- Green, Chad Reinhardt- Minford, Chris Carter- Everywhere, Cogan- Green... these were all impact players just off the top of my head.... we have benefited greatly from transfers over the years to deny it is ridiculous. the vast majority of Burg knows we get alot of transfers

Did any of them come to Burg in the same year??

Like 5-6 of them at a time.

That’s what everyone’s bitch is on the whole subject. Trust me, I know Burg has had kids play at Burg from other schools over the years but never to the tune of 5-6 players in one year.

One or two players is not going to make that big of a difference for one season. 5/6 is half a team.
I was just responding to your original post at the top of the page. I am a Burg homer but what is happening at Ironton is by all accounts on the up and up. Kids want to play there I get it. we got 5 proven 8th graders just a few years ago if memory serves correct.... I don't recall anyone on here telling them to leave... they were welcomed with open arms... just sayin

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

I'm cutting out the discussion and arrogance, these are all just kids playing a game. Best of luck

Return to “Football”