Wheelersburg “transfers” over the years in football!!

roy_macavoy
Waterboy

Re: Wheelersburg “transfers” over the years in football!!

Post by roy_macavoy »

Wasn't the starting qb on burgs state championship team from Green??

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

roy_macavoy wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:03 am Wasn't the starting qb on burgs state championship team from Green??
If they let his dad play, yes. Lol. His dad is from green. Pretty good in his time.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:40 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:13 am Oh look another topic on transfers to Burg & Ironton, yay. As if the 39 different topics since January on the same mater wasn’t enough. All schools get transfers, it happens. Certain schools get more because of winning, coaches, other players. It’s 2021, not 1994. You guys need to suck it the eff up and adjust to the times. I’d be thrilled for Portsmouth to get half the transfers as these 2 schools. Hell this year they had 2 transfer in on the football team and I’m elated. At this point you’re just beating a dead horse. It’s only going to go up from here. It’s not cheating, if it was illegal they’d have been flagged for it. We all know there’s work arounds. Look what happened in Georgia last fall. Jake Garcia (now at Miami Fl) moved from California to Georgia. His parents got a divorce, he played a game then was rule ineligible. Ghsaa caught on to what happened. Well he moved school in Georgia again mid season, won a championship and that was that. So I’m sure if the ohsaa wanted to, they could do the same. Hasn’t really happened yet, so it must not be known or super illegal. Either way it’s becoming more common and it’s time to adjust and quit making 16890 different threads on it.
It's 2021 not 1994 = PREACH!!! 🗣

Nothing more cringe or out of touch than these old heads.
:roll: Come on. Basically you’re saying you have to have transfers to win

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Chili is Speed,drop him,it’s obvious :roll:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:08 pm
Mission15 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:03 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:27 pm Competitive balance has changed nothing at Wheelersburg. They have not changed divisions because of the number of open enrollment kids they have.

Competitive balance was implemented to stop the Harvest Preps and Afrocentric’s, private schools that is from loading up with kids from all over there area. The majority of those schools have actually jumped up a division or two. Burg has never changed.
The effect of it is immaterial. You have one if not of the highest in the region for the aforementioned reasons. You are having a hard time comprehending.

Then explain to me how it has changed Burg.

You are having a hard time comprehending what Woby has explained on here. A lot of kids have a Burg zip code but live right outside the district.

Burg having a high CB number has done what for them?? It’s not like they were DVI for years and then got bumped to DV. They’ve been DV for years.
I think woby explained it pretty well. I think you're pole vaulting over mouse turds. It is a known fact Burgs open enrollment numbers are high. They set a cap. I believe on each grade. It's stupid to think its not true. And it's not just kids just right outside the district. Ironton is having the same effect on Lawrence County. 15-20 minute drives don't bother a parent who want there kids to be apart of the best programs in their respective counties. Even if that means starting in K-2. That's the point trying to be made here.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

No idea how burg let that Ironton offense put up 40.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:07 am No idea how burg let that Ironton offense put up 40.
4 turnovers and no identity in offense. Burg is starting to find offense. Put up over 400 yards last night. Plus ironton is good and played really well that night. Inspired football

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I'd like to see a rematch

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Blitz wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:44 pm Nathan Klaiber- Green, Chad Reinhardt- Minford, Chris Carter- Everywhere, Cogan- Green... these were all impact players just off the top of my head.... we have benefited greatly from transfers over the years to deny it is ridiculous. the vast majority of Burg knows we get alot of transfers
All of which made enormous contributions in football.

And someone said earlier that Josh Mayhew didn't make a difference? Idiotic. He made a huge difference for Burg when he left Minford.

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

You do realise every kid you mentioned who transferred into burg played from about 1988 to 2018 right? Not all in a 2 year span. Give me a break people. You will never justify what Ironton has done and especially right now as being the same as Burg.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Yh8awinner wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:24 am You do realise every kid you mentioned who transferred into burg played from about 1988 to 2018 right? Not all in a 2 year span. Give me a break people. You will never justify what Ironton has done and especially right now as being the same as Burg.
Yes. And I guarantee that ironton has had a ton of transfers like that as well over the years. Winning games does that.

Rosco
Riding the Bench

Post by Rosco »

Yabbadabba

The Burg’s superintendent is on the SE District athletic board and has been for many years. During this time he has served stints on the OHSAA board of directors. If anyone in SE Ohio has connections to make a case that something illegal is going on in ironton it’s him. Maybe you should make an appointment and meet with Mr. Knapp to discuss your concerns rather than spending countless hours on here lamenting Ironton’s rise to the top of the SE Ohio football heap.

The Pendleton’s and the Tiger Nation are living rent free in your head and it has consumed you :lol: :lol: . Probably would be in your best interest to push away from the keyboard for a while and find a hobby.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Rosco wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:05 am Yabbadabba

The Burg’s superintendent is on the SE District athletic board and has been for many years. During this time he has served stints on the OHSAA board of directors. If anyone in SE Ohio has connections to make a case that something illegal is going on in ironton it’s him. Maybe you should make an appointment and meet with Mr. Knapp to discuss your concerns rather than spending countless hours on here lamenting Ironton’s rise to the top of the SE Ohio football heap.

The Pendleton’s and the Tiger Nation are living rent free in your head and it has consumed you :lol: :lol: . Probably would be in your best interest to push away from the keyboard for a while and find a hobby.

Where have I ever said it was illegal. You all are missing the point. Like woby and other Burg fans have said is yes we know Burg has had transfers over the year but we own up to it.

Not one person from Ironton can get on here and admit that they’ve had transfers come in over the years. Just own up to it.

Hell, if it was illegal or not legit, over the years both schools would have always been on double secret probation!! Lol

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Ironton has had transfers over the years who have been good football players.

Will you stop whining now?

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

Irontons hasn't reached any top unless getting molly whopped by Kirtland twice is considered the top now.

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:46 am

The Pendleton’s and the Tiger Nation are living rent-free in your head and it has consumed you :lol: :lol: . Probably would be in your best interest to push away from the keyboard for a while and find a hobby.

Where have I ever said it was illegal. You all are missing the point. Like woby and other burg fans have said is yes we know Burg has had transfers over the year but we own up to it.

Not one person from Ironton can get on here and admit that they’ve had transfers come in over the years. Just own up to it.

Hell, if it was illegal or not legit, over the years both schools would have always been on double secret probation!! Lol
You said in an emailer post if someone could list burg transfers, then you'd never post on this topic again. They have, so go sit down in the back of the room, shut your sore loser mouth, and follow through with your word.

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:56 pm

The Pendleton’s and the Tiger Nation are living rent-free in your head and it has consumed you :lol: :lol: . Probably would be in your best interest to push away from the keyboard for a while and find a hobby.

Where have I ever said it was illegal. You all are missing the point. Like woby and other burg fans have said is yes we know Burg has had transfers over the year but we own up to it.

You said in an emailer post if someone could list burg transfers, then you'd never post on this topic again. They have, so go sit down in the back of the room, shut your sore loser mouth, and follow through with your word.
The former Burg band member will continue to whine about it :lol: :lol: :lol:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

You worry about you and I'll worry about me. Nowhere in this thread did I say that.

Not a sore loser at all. You Ironton fans believe all you want, but you aren't crap the last three years without the 5-6 players you continually have brought in. None of you have the balls to admit that without them you are mediocre at best.

Now I will say it, I'm out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :? :? :? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:18 pm

You worry about you and I'll worry about me. Nowhere in this thread did I say that.

Not a sore loser at all. You Ironton fans believe all you want, but you aren't crap the last three years without the 5-6 players you continually have brought in. None of you have the balls to admit that without them you are mediocre at best.

Now I will say it, I'm out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :? :? :? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're totally pathetic.

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

Yabbadabbadoo, come up from your parents basement. It’s a whole new world out there. You can even wear your Burg shirt and go to the game as long as you clean your room and cut the grass.

Return to “Football”