Week 4 Waverly at Chillicothe

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Week 4 Waverly at Chillicothe

Post by smurray »

This will be by far the most athletic team the Tigers have faced and arguably the best team to date.
I hope they don’t listen to the folks saying how terrible Chillicothe is and it’s going to be a blow out.
Waverly will have their hands full and they better be 100% focused and ready. The coaches will be preaching it this week so the players better be listening and take the Cavs serious.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:43 pm This will be by far the most athletic team the Tigers have faced and arguably the best team to date.
I hope they don’t listen to the folks saying how terrible Chillicothe is and it’s going to be a blow out.
Waverly will have their hands full and they better be 100% focused and ready. The coaches will be preaching it this week so the players better be listening and take the Cavs serious.
“By far”….no way by far

Arguably best team you’ve faced….that’s fine but also you have destroyed all 3 teams you’ve faced so if they are arguably the best you still win by 21

Worst case scenario a few things go wrong, they get a few breaks and you sit there nervou much of the game knowing upsets happen and you still win by 14

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:58 pm
smurray wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:43 pm This will be by far the most athletic team the Tigers have faced and arguably the best team to date.
“By far”….no way by far

Arguably best team you’ve faced….that’s fine but also you have destroyed all 3 teams you’ve faced so if they are arguably the best you still win by 21

Worst case scenario a few things go wrong, they get a few breaks and you sit there nervou much of the game knowing upsets happen and you still win by 14
We have seen times of brilliance out of these Tigers and then we’ve seen times they haven’t been very good.
We’ve seen that in all three games thus far and I think it may be an overconfidence thing where they aren’t taking their opponent serious.
All they heard was how down Johnstown Monroe was and really didn’t show up the first half letting the Johnnies smack em around. They woke up at halftime and played the way they were capable of in the 2nd half.
My point is the Tigers better show up ready to play at the opening kickoff and take the Cavs serious.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

smurray wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:02 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:58 pm
“By far”….no way by far

We have seen times of brilliance out of these Tigers and then we’ve seen times they haven’t been very good.
We’ve seen that in all three games thus far and I think it may be an overconfidence thing where they aren’t taking their opponent serious.
All they heard was how down Johnstown Monroe was and really didn’t show up the first half letting the Johnnies smack em around. They woke up at halftime and played the way they were capable of in the 2nd half.
My point is the Tigers better show up ready to play at the opening kickoff and take the Cavs serious.

Agree 💯, wish they played a tougher non conference schedule

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

[/quote]

Agree 💯, wish they played a tougher non conference schedule
[/quote]

I think when they set up the schedule, they though it would be somewhat tougher. Most likely, it is still a little tougher than in some years past.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Waverly is starting to get a little thin in some places. Seems like every week is a new injury and unfortunately some of those are turning into season ending ones. They need to try and get who they can healthy and hopefully the trend of injuries don’t continue for this team or the season may end up being short of expectations.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:29 am Waverly is starting to get a little thin in some places. Seems like every week is a new injury and unfortunately some of those are turning into season ending ones. They need to try and get who they can healthy and hopefully the trend of injuries don’t continue for this team or the season may end up being short of expectations.
Heading into the season the Tigers were deep at several positions but man they are taking a hit. LB’s and RB’s hit the hardest and one WR. I think we get one or two LB’s back this week but lost two Friday night, one most likely season ending.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:06 pm Waverly is 0-7 all time vs Chillicothe and has yet to score a single point against Chillicothe.

1902: Chillicothe 57 Waverly 0
1913: Chillicothe 72 Waverly 0
1914: Chillicothe 69 Waverly 0
1920: Chillicothe 59 Waverly 0
1922: Chillicothe 59 Waverly 0
1934: Chillicothe 33 Waverly 0
1935: Chillicothe 80 Waverly 0
Wow.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Man, how did Chilli get here? I know it’s been 20 years nearly since I’ve been in school.
But what we would have done to play Waverly!!!

If Waverly beats them that bad it says a lot about the state of the Cavalier Football program.

Go Cavs

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

I don't think a loss to Waverly is a huge negative to Chillicothes football program or says they are going in the wrong direction. Waverly has been very good the last 5 years or so. Remember Chillicothe has been going toe to toe with Jackson for years, especially in the FAC. Just last year Chilli upset Jackson in Jackson to win the FAC.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:42 am Man, how did Chilli get here? I know it’s been 20 years nearly since I’ve been in school.
But what we would have done to play Waverly!!!

If Waverly beats them that bad it says a lot about the state of the Cavalier Football program.

Go Cavs
Waverly is a really good team, so if the cavs end up getting beat by a decent amount I don’t think that makes the cavalier football program look awful. Waverly’s program has come very far from maybe when you remember it. They have made the playoffs 5 years in a row and have a 38-7 combined record in those years.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

I don’t mean any disrespect to Waverly. I know they are a great program. They seem to be in it every year. I guess just thinking back we were 5-5 early 2000s and would have beaten the best Waverly team by a few TDS consistently.
I know enrollment is not what it used to be. But just even a few years ago. Branden Mauhgnmer would have hung 50 on Waverly teams. This Cavs team has to be down overall.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:46 pm I don’t mean any disrespect to Waverly. I know they are a great program. They seem to be in it every year. I guess just thinking back we were 5-5 early 2000s and would have beaten the best Waverly team by a few TDS consistently.
I know enrollment is not what it used to be. But just even a few years ago. Branden Mauhgnmer would have hung 50 on Waverly teams. This Cavs team has to be down overall.
Lol so even if Waverly had a great team the only way they beat the cavs is if they are really down?
Have you seen the cavs play this year? Or Waverly play any game in the last 6 years?

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

JMO, after Wheelersburg, Ironton, Jackson. That top tier of football programs in SEO. The second tier would have Waverly in it for sure. I think maybe your underestimating how good they are.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:34 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:46 pm I don’t mean any disrespect to Waverly. I know they are a great program. They seem to be in it every year. I guess just thinking back we were 5-5 early 2000s and would have beaten the best Waverly team by a few TDS consistently.
Lol so even if Waverly had a great team the only way they beat the cavs is if they are really down?
Have you seen the cavs play this year? Or Waverly play any game in the last 6 years?
I guess, yea? 15 years ago, we didn’t play a single team south of Ross county. We handled our own in the OCC. again, I think this Waverly/Jackson on the up and up, and Chilli going the other way. Mainly because of enrollment. Times are changing

Sowers7721
Waterboy

Post by Sowers7721 »

I never knew Chillicothe to hold there own in the occ it was always zero 1 or 2 wins!! I graduated from waverly in 2002 and we never had a losing record through high school 98-02! Our senior year we went 8-2 and barely missed out on the 4 seed playoff layout!! Chillicothe wouldn’t have stood a chance!! Zach Montavon leading the charge with a line all going close to 300 lbs Jay Gullion at quarterback the likes of Creed Miller and Ben Martin at receivers!! I liked our chances going up against just about anyone in the area with that team!!

jakebiz22
Waterboy

Post by jakebiz22 »

Waverly cancelled the game

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Shame this won’t be played would’ve taken Waverly by 20+ oh well hope the cavs can find a game this week on such short notice

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Dumb this got canceled. Waverly has 0 positive cases on the football team. Chillicothe saw Waverly has decided to go remote next week due to high number of quarantining throughout the district and used it as a the reason why they don’t want to play, sounds like an easy way to avoid an L.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

jakebiz22 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:39 pm Waverly cancelled the game
Chillicothe canceled. Not Waverly.

Return to “Football”