Week 4 Waverly at Chillicothe

go court house
Freshman Team

Re: Week 4 Waverly at Chillicothe

Post by go court house »

Guys.... KNOW YOUR FACTS before you post. WAVERLY cancelled on Chillicothe https://www.10tv.com/article/news/local ... 58b122814e

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Waverly is shutting down their school from tommorow through next week, it looks like they might have cancelled the game.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

go court house wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:02 am Guys.... KNOW YOUR FACTS before you post. WAVERLY cancelled on Chillicothe https://www.10tv.com/article/news/local ... 58b122814e
You beat me to it.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:21 pm
Ohio1234 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:06 pm Chillicothe vs Waverly canceled due to Covid issues at Waverly chilli actively seeking a game for this weekend probably to late of a notice
No Covid issues for Waverly’s football team. 0 positives or quarantines. Cavs cancel due to fear, just not sure if it’s fear of Covid or an L.
The football team may have zero covid issues, but the Waverly schools do as it turns out. Waverly's team may have been willing and able to play but Chillicothe may have pulled the cancel trigger out of common sense. With Waverly on remote learning, looks like the Tigers will now have at most 8 games given the WCH game will likely not be played. I guess the logic is if a district cannot gather in school, they should not gather for a football game.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

Other schools in the area are remote learning but still playing tonight. It was Chillicothe's decision not to play. Waverly is looking for a game.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

go court house wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:02 am Guys.... KNOW YOUR FACTS before you post. WAVERLY cancelled on Chillicothe https://www.10tv.com/article/news/local ... 58b122814e
Man you hit that just right, but YOU should know the facts before you post. That article had zero to do with the game let's start there. Waverly does have a large number in contact tracing however very minimal with the team. Coach from Waverly said Chillicothe canceled over concerns of the high number of students out, including the entire band in quarantine and unable to go. Waverly did bring a lot of fans to the Unioto game and I'm sure for Chillicothe that was a concern. Facts as they were presented to me by a coach and high ranking school official as of yesterday the game was still on until later that evening when Chillicothe canceled.

Not going to fault any team for the cancel but I do believe if Chillicothe was worried about the numbers in Waverly they probably could've discussed about minimizing the number of tickets for Waverly fans.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Chillicothe canceled. Waverly did not. Yes Waverly has a lot of kids in quarantine but none of those kids are football players. Players have been required to wear masks in the locker and at school for this very reason. And they have done a great job of keeping them safe. The admin at Waverly said extracurriculars could still go on as long as there were no problems for that team. Which is true, because they have shut down other sports because of it. If Chillicothe is that worried about Covid that they cancel a game because other people in the community are quarantined but not the football team then they might as well just not play the rest of the year. You are going to risk getting exposed no matter what if you choose to have games. To date, the Tiger football team has not missed a single practice or meeting due to a Covid outbreak. So the message that is being sent to the players is that no matter how much you follow the rules and do the right thing, it doesn’t matter. And as far as fans go, Chillicothe has made statements prior to any information about Waverly’s district quarantine numbers, that all away fans were to sit on the away side. So I don’t see how fans would be a concern if they were all together on their own side.

I believe Covid is not something to take lightly. But when a program has no positives or quarantines among its players or coaches, the game should never be canceled. If Chillicothe admin is that concerned over possibly playing a team with a community that has high numbers, then just cancel extracurriculars. Because look around, the whole states Covid cases are soaring. So them looking for a random opponent who could actually have quarantines or positive cases and may not tell Chillicothe makes no sense. If Waverly would have decided to have school today and not announce until this weekend that they were going remote, no concerns would have come up.

Good way to avoid an L. And also, I don’t think you see Waverly pick up a game this late. I’d be surprised if they are looking at this point. Just my opinion.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

MasterOfNone wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:02 am Chillicothe canceled. Waverly did not. Yes Waverly has a lot of kids in quarantine but none of those kids are football players. Players have been required to wear masks in the locker and at school for this very reason. And they have done a great job of keeping them safe. The admin at Waverly said extracurriculars could still go on as long as there were no problems for that team. Which is true, because they have shut down other sports because of it. If Chillicothe is that worried about Covid that they cancel a game because other people in the community are quarantined but not the football team then they might as well just not play the rest of the year. You are going to risk getting exposed no matter what if you choose to have games. To date, the Tiger football team has not missed a single practice or meeting due to a Covid outbreak. So the message that is being sent to the players is that no matter how much you follow the rules and do the right thing, it doesn’t matter. And as far as fans go, Chillicothe has made statements prior to any information about Waverly’s district quarantine numbers, that all away fans were to sit on the away side. So I don’t see how fans would be a concern if they were all together on their own side.

I believe Covid is not something to take lightly. But when a program has no positives or quarantines among its players or coaches, the game should never be canceled. If Chillicothe admin is that concerned over possibly playing a team with a community that has high numbers, then just cancel extracurriculars. Because look around, the whole states Covid cases are soaring. So them looking for a random opponent who could actually have quarantines or positive cases and may not tell Chillicothe makes no sense. If Waverly would have decided to have school today and not announce until this weekend that they were going remote, no concerns would have come up.

Good way to avoid an L. And also, I don’t think you see Waverly pick up a game this late. I’d be surprised if they are looking at this point. Just my opinion.
Fairland on Saturday?

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

LetsBeReal wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:08 am
MasterOfNone wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:02 am Chillicothe canceled. Waverly did not. Yes Waverly has a lot of kids in quarantine but none of those kids are football players. Players have been required to wear masks in the locker and at school for this very reason. And they have done a great job of keeping them safe. The admin at Waverly said extracurriculars could still go on as long as there were no problems for that team. Which is true, because they have shut down other sports because of it. If Chillicothe is that worried about Covid that they cancel a game because other people in the community are quarantined but not the football team then they might as well just not play the rest of the year. You are going to risk getting exposed no matter what if you choose to have games. To date, the Tiger football team has not missed a single practice or meeting due to a Covid outbreak. So the message that is being sent to the players is that no matter how much you follow the rules and do the right thing, it doesn’t matter. And as far as fans go, Chillicothe has made statements prior to any information about Waverly’s district quarantine numbers, that all away fans were to sit on the away side. So I don’t see how fans would be a concern if they were all together on their own side.

Fairland on Saturday?
Would be a great game for both squads. But I just don’t see Waverly picking up a game to be honest. I could be totally wrong. But guess we will see.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

For what its worth. Pike county is the number 1 county in the state for covid cases per 100k and top 1% in the whole country. Like only 15 counties higher than Pike per 100k in the WHOLE country.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:41 am For what its worth. Pike county is the number 1 county in the state for covid cases per 100k and top 1% in the whole country. Like only 15 counties higher than Pike per 100k in the WHOLE country.
Only thing worse is Chillicothe’s excuse for canceling🤣🤣🤣

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:41 am For what its worth. Pike county is the number 1 county in the state for covid cases per 100k and top 1% in the whole country. Like only 15 counties higher than Pike per 100k in the WHOLE country.
But if that was there concern originally then they would have canceled earlier in the week, BEFORE Waverly announced they were going remote next week. I believe they saw that and it was an easy way out. They canceled without even asking if they were any positives or quarantines among football players or coaches.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Zane Trace is willing to risk leaving the Utopia that is Ross county and traveling to the land of the glowing village! Worse things in Pike County than just covid, we get Americium, plutonium, and a whole lot of other issues floating around this county!

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:58 am Zane Trace is willing to risk leaving the Utopia that is Ross county and traveling to the land of the glowing village! Worse things in Pike County than just covid, we get Americium, plutonium, and a whole lot of other issues floating around this county!
True, but Zane trace doesn’t have the 7-0 record from 85 years ago to keep intact.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Sowers7721 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:54 pm I never knew Chillicothe to hold there own in the occ it was always zero 1 or 2 wins!! I graduated from waverly in 2002 and we never had a losing record through high school 98-02! Our senior year we went 8-2 and barely missed out on the 4 seed playoff layout!! Chillicothe wouldn’t have stood a chance!! Zach Montavon leading the charge with a line all going close to 300 lbs Jay Gullion at quarterback the likes of Creed Miller and Ben Martin at receivers!! I liked our chances going up against just about anyone in the area with that team!!
The 4 team playoff stopped in 1998.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:58 am Zane Trace is willing to risk leaving the Utopia that is Ross county and traveling to the land of the glowing village! Worse things in Pike County than just covid, we get Americium, plutonium, and a whole lot of other issues floating around this county!
This is hands down the best thing I’ve read in a while gotta love being from pike county :lol:

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Supposedly DIII Hamilton Ross reached out to Waverly and Waverly decline

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Portsmouth is all remote starting Monday and they are playing tonight.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Chillicothe fans think Waverly called the game Waverly fans say it’s chilli who knows what to believe I will say this Chillicothe is def not afraid to play any competition look at our non conference schedule for the past 10 years and you will see that lol

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

Ohio1234 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:19 pm Chillicothe fans think Waverly called the game Waverly fans say it’s chilli who knows what to believe I will say this Chillicothe is def not afraid to play any competition look at our non conference schedule for the past 10 years and you will see that lol
Agree about Chilli not being afraid, but I'd bet $2,548 dollars (that's all I have hidden away and in my pocket) that Chilli cancelled. It's frustrating but it's only going to get worse.

Return to “Football”