Week 4: Zane Trace (2-1) @ Piketon (3-0)

allamericanironman
All Conference

Re: Week 4: Zane Trace (2-1) @ Piketon (3-0)

Post by allamericanironman »

Piketon is the real deal. good win. must be something in the water!

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Zane Trace controlled Most of this Game. They looked like the better team. Seemed like ZT was set to go up 31-21 and piketon hit the on switch. Refs were consistently lost for both teams.

From all the hype I’ve heard about Piketon i wasn’t impressed. Maybe just a bad showing.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

LetsBeReal wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:04 am Zane Trace controlled Most of this Game. They looked like the better team. Seemed like ZT was set to go up 31-21 and piketon hit the on switch. Refs were consistently lost for both teams.

From all the hype I’ve heard about Piketon i wasn’t impressed. Maybe just a bad showing.
Could see a rematch come playoffs.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:08 am
LetsBeReal wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:04 am Zane Trace controlled Most of this Game. They looked like the better team. Seemed like ZT was set to go up 31-21 and piketon hit the on switch. Refs were consistently lost for both teams.

Could see a rematch come playoffs.
Would be a fun game to watch!

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

What a Game!! I think SVC football is having a great year! Congrats to both teams!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

These are still high school kids. They gonna have bad nights. I still think Piketon runs the table or goes 9-1

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

ZT’s gameplan was clock control, power run game, defensively they did a great job of reading Gullion and batting passes. Several of their o line had sprinters stances, just getting a push. 1st possession marched right down scored. Kickoff, Piketon fumbles on 9, ZT touchdown. 2 scores, and Piketon hadn’t ran a play. Piketons only had 3 possessions in first half, scored on all 3. Next two ZT possessions they punt. Their 5th possession they get a FG before the half.

No one anywhere says Piketons defense is its strength, but they have improved. Second half, ZT only scored on a Piketon interception where they took over on Piketons 40. ZT 9 possessions, 3 TD’s and 1 FG. 2 TD’s were on short fields by turnovers.

Was a great game to watch, good win Piketon.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

The biggest hurdle ZT had to overcome in this one and they couldn't were penalties. ZT moved the ball running it very well but in order to do that successfully for an entire game you've got to play a clean game. Take for instance I think it was their 3rd drive after Piketon had scored, again moving the ball on the ground into Piketon territory but a holding penalty backed things up forcing a 1st and long. Got them out of what they wanted to do and the QB loses the ball on a rollout and loses another 15. To play ball control offense, which they did and they done it very well, you've got to be almost perfect on offense and penalty free, which they weren't. Piketon's offense is simply to good as evident by only touching it 3 times and scoring 3 TD's in the first half. What some can't forget is that for as high scoring as the Piketon offense is, it was held to 8 points in the 2nd half. GREAT game plan by ZT as I felt they were the #3 team in SVC, and very good grit showed by Piketon to pull this one out. Piketon is still going to have to REALLY improve that run defense and I'm not sure that they can at this point because PV is coming soon coming to Piketon with a huge line and a big running game. Nice win good to see them 4-0

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

ZT will give Paint Valley a battle.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:58 am What a Game!! I think SVC football is having a great year! Congrats to both teams!
The conference is pretty down.

SVC Man
Waterboy

Post by SVC Man »

The league is down overall. However, I still think there are some competitive teams. I really don't see Piketon losing. Their defense isn't great, but their offense is lights out. They had several turnovers and still beat a much improved ZT team. If they clean that up I don't see anyone beating them in the regular season, including Paint Valley. That said, any given Friday anything can happen!

Return to “Football”