Week 4 Jackson @ Western Brown

Ironmen34
Varsity

Re: Week 4 Jackson @ Western Brown

Post by Ironmen34 »

Jackson can’t get out of their own way man. Can’t make mistakes like this against a great offense and expect win

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

28-27….their offense can our defense

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Getting killed on broken plays

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Referee pretty excited about the TD right at the goal line

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:17 pm Getting killed on broken plays
How much time left?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Wow….dumb play by WB

Just keep it in the QB’s hands

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

33-28

4 min

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Do not agree with the 2 pt conversion play call but a huge stop for Jackson. We might only have one more shot to win this thing let’s go red!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

WB calling out snap count and we false start

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

4th and 11

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Interception

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ball game

WB real good team. QB best I’ve seen in a LONG time

Jackson just so many turnovers…they beat us

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Four turnovers. Can't have that against an offense this explosive.

We really need to stop finding ways to make critical mistakes all the time.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Good game wb. If you would’ve told me we would have 4 turnovers coming into this game I would’ve told you we were gonna be in trouble. Starting drives out 1st and 25 is really hard to overcome as well. Western Brown’s qb is legit though no question. This team is frustrating because of all the talent they have but shoot them selves in the foot in the most critical situations it feels like. If we play to our potential i think we could be 4-0 right now. But if you aunt had stones she’d be your uncle. The good news is we still have the league championship and the playoffs to play for and can still make this a great year. Time to focus on wheelersburg. They are always tough to play especially at burg. I’m sure they are gonna be fired up and haven’t forgotten about the 2019 game. It’s time to regroup and reload

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Wow. Really shocked by this score. Jackson fans take pride in their physicality and ability to out hit other teams. But a smooth spread offense makes that hard for your defense to square em up. Didn't get to see it but did Jackson's ground and pound work? I thought after Ironton they would manhandle everyone else.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:48 pm Wow. Really shocked by this score. Jackson fans take pride in their physicality and ability to out hit other teams. But a smooth spread offense makes that hard for your defense to square em up. Didn't get to see it but did Jackson's ground and pound work? I thought after Ironton they would manhandle everyone else.
Yeah a bit but their defense was better snd more disciplined than I expected. Their linebackers didn’t miss many tackles.

Smooth spread offense yeah but that QB made it almost impossible to stop.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

It must be in the water at WB. They seem to always have a good QB that gives Jackson fits. JI still my favorite to win the FAC. Courthouse did surprise me with a win at PV though.
Turnovers and self inflicted wounds cut deep man.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:48 pm Wow. Really shocked by this score. Jackson fans take pride in their physicality and ability to out hit other teams. But a smooth spread offense makes that hard for your defense to square em up. Didn't get to see it but did Jackson's ground and pound work? I thought after Ironton they would manhandle everyone else.
Jackson’s defense is aggressive and does very well against stopping the run. Anytime they play a team that likes to spread it out and get athletic on the outside it’s like it almost equals out with our physicality. On offense it seems like we get away from our bread and butter which if pounding the football. And against a team like western brown that’s exactly what you should do. Sometimes we like to get a little too fancy on offense in my opinion. But with all that being said nothing is gonna work if you turn the ball over multiple times and have penalties in big moments

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:18 pm Referee pretty excited about the TD right at the goal line
Don’t know if it was intentional but that ref set a nice pick on the goal line for the winning touchdown.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jackson simply needs to start making big plays in big moments. It seems like they show flashes, but then follow it up immediately with critical mistakes.

Take the lead at Ironton 10-7 with under 2 seconds remaining. What happens? Give up a kick return for a TD to lose. Convert 4th and 9 tonight and score a TD to take a 28-27 lead, and what do we do? Let WB march down the field like they're running offense against air. Then, we can't muster a drive to try to take back the lead against a defense that gave up 66 points last week. Gotta give credit to Western Brown. Their QB was fantastic and they made the plays to win the game. But, four turnovers (three of those inside the opponent's 25) is just asking to lose. You can be a talented football team, but if you don't take care of the football and avoid mental errors, you're not going anywhere.

Jackson can win every game on their schedule the rest of the way. There are also a couple that they could potentially lose. Time to step up, take control, and win out. Maybe get the chance to see Western Brown again in Week 11. Start making winning plays during winning time.

Return to “Football”