Washington County Football

Ff3233
All Conference

Re: Washington County Football

Post by Ff3233 »

beg003 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:21 pm To my earlier point, we have a very solid freshman and sophomore class, along with a good 8th grade group. Our problem has also been inconsistency in classes. We’ll have a class like the ‘21 group with good players everywhere, and then a class with only 4 players in it, 1 or 2 of which might be contributors. Once we’re over that hump, we’ll be in a much better spot. As for coaching, our head coach is doing the right things. He has good assistants and comes from a winning background. As FF fans know, it takes a while to build from the ground up.
Hoping they keep improving the program. Need consistently good programs in our area.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Ff3233 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:43 pm
beg003 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:21 pm To my earlier point, we have a very solid freshman and sophomore class, along with a good 8th grade group. Our problem has also been inconsistency in classes. We’ll have a class like the ‘21 group with good players everywhere, and then a class with only 4 players in it, 1 or 2 of which might be contributors. Once we’re over that hump, we’ll be in a much better spot. As for coaching, our head coach is doing the right things. He has good assistants and comes from a winning background. As FF fans know, it takes a while to build from the ground up.
Hoping they keep improving the program. Need consistently good programs in our area.
This years game could be ugly, but hopefully we get to the point where it’s a competitive game every year. Would be great for both schools as far as gate money. Lots of benefits both ways.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

beg003 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:23 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:43 pm
This years game could be ugly, but hopefully we get to the point where it’s a competitive game every year. Would be great for both schools as far as gate money. Lots of benefits both ways.
Gate money will be good regardless. Just want it to be competitive every year

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

Warren is bad this year. But they are definitely young. Looks like any of their key players are sophomores, including the QB Taylor, and their stud RB Williams. In 2 years I could see them putting a season together close to what they did last year. The problem is 1 good season every 3 or 4 years isn't going to cut it.

Belpre is in a sad state of affairs right now.

It wasn't too long ago FF was as bad as the rest of the County. It just takes a good group to turn the culture around.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:17 pm Warren is bad this year. But they are definitely young. Looks like any of their key players are sophomores, including the QB Taylor, and their stud RB Williams. In 2 years I could see them putting a season together close to what they did last year. The problem is 1 good season every 3 or 4 years isn't going to cut it.

Belpre is in a sad state of affairs right now.

It wasn't too long ago FF was as bad as the rest of the County. It just takes a good group to turn the culture around.
FF hasn't lost a regular season game in over 4 years. Define too long ago :)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I’m changing my list.

1. Fort Frye
2. Waterford
3. Warren
4. Marietta
5. Frontier
6. Belpre

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:08 am I’m changing my list.

1. Fort Frye
2. Waterford
3. Warren
4. Marietta
5. Frontier
6. Belpre
I was just thinking about this. This is exactly what I would have too.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

1- Fort Frye
2- Waterford
3- Warren
4- Marietta
5- Frontier
6- Belpre

Return to “Football”