Week 4 West at Wellston

Westfan
SEOP

Week 4 West at Wellston

Post by Westfan »

Good to see West get a W at Adena. Offense got rolling a little. First 3 weeks defenses are loading the box to stop the run. Passing game looked a lot better this week getting the ball out quicker and spreading it around. If West can continue to evolve in that area then they will be a tough out because they can run the ball with one of the better backs around and a tuff defense

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Week 4 West at Wellston

Post by Bleeding Red »

West big

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Go west. Trojans need those points.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

I think what we maybe have learned in 3 weeks so far is that Fairland and Portsmouth are really good. Maybe being the best in the OVC good. Lost the lead late in the 4th to one, and fumbled in key spots to the other, all while making an interesting game.

We finally got some confidence on the sideline in last week's win. Kids looked like they were having fun. Sissel running the ball and Dixon out deep at receiver could be a great 1, 2 punch if we use it right and the line continues yes to do their job. Still not perfect but we are set up to rattle off a couple wins in a row here. Stay healthy, get the momentum and enthusiasm back on the field and see what happens. I'm going West 40-12 in this one.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

SiderBlood wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:21 am I think what we maybe have learned in 3 weeks so far is that Fairland and Portsmouth are really good. Maybe being the best in the OVC good. Lost the lead late in the 4th to one, and fumbled in key spots to the other, all while making an interesting game.

We finally got some confidence on the sideline in last week's win. Kids looked like they were having fun. Sissel running the ball and Dixon out deep at receiver could be a great 1, 2 punch if we use it right and the line continues yes to do their job. Still not perfect but we are set up to rattle off a couple wins in a row here. Stay healthy, get the momentum and enthusiasm back on the field and see what happens. I'm going West 40-12 in this one.
Yes
Best Fairland team maybe ever and best Portsmouth team in many years and West could’ve won both games. I think West showed improvement on both sides of the ball this week and will continue. If they played anything like they did Friday the first 2 games they would be 3-0 right now.
Last edited by Westfan on Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

West takes this one.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

West by 14

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Was Wellston healthy against Minford?

Down from last year or not that score surprises me. Reports I got was Minford was way down this year

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

West big.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

West 35 7

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I guess West big 🤷🏻‍♂️

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Wellston has been good the last two years under the new coach. Wellston is a difficult place to play and the program has a lot of pride. West is gonna have to play well to go in there and get a win.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Westfan wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:56 am Wellston has been good the last two years under the new coach. Wellston is a difficult place to play and the program has a lot of pride. West is gonna have to play well to go in there and get a win.
You are correct but Wellston's cupboard took a big hit after last season and will have to wait for the next group to come along to restock it. West big in this one.

Bradley39
Riding the Bench

Post by Bradley39 »

West by 100

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Rockets need to get better every week. West is a tough test for Wellston. After this week, they will have more competitive games. If West, looks past Wellston it could be interesting.

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

For any fans that can’t make it Friday, BMG Media will be live streaming on both our Facebook and YouTube pages.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Neither team has established an identity, hopefully West but may be close. I would like to see the 2nd page of the Siders playbook.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

West Side Pride wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:54 pm Neither team has established an identity, hopefully West but may be close. I would like to see the 2nd page of the Siders playbook.
You and me both.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Good luck to the Rockets!

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Game Day! Good Luck Rockets. I wish both teams a safe and healthy injury free game.

Return to “Football”