Unioto @ Huntington Week 4

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Re: Unioto @ Huntington Week 4

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Somebody please send that ending to ESPN.

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:20 pm Somebody please send that ending to ESPN.
I highly doubt they'd care.

Wakefield.Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by Wakefield.Warrior »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:19 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:26 am
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:44 am True. But you know as well as anyone. Anytime the Huntingtons, Southeasterns, and anyone in the SVC really can beat Unioto it means the world to them. It doesn't matter the U was 0-3, they are still the U. Love the rivalries in the SVC.
Oh I get it. Isaac’s sophomore year when we moved it was after they just made that 4 year run in basketball. Every game we lost that year was wild. Never seen anything like it. I do love high school sports.
Just shows how good you are as a program when your everybody else's Super Bowl.
Unioto did have a good run then and early nineties in basketball! These small d6,d5 schools just get a little excited when they can compete with a school with their enrollment numbers no worries.

Kurgan74
JV Team

Post by Kurgan74 »

Syntax wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:36 pm https://youtu.be/4bMUp1GfOeU?t=7282
I am getting the video is private. I would like to see the full play, as I have heard several viewpoints.

Kurgan74
JV Team

Post by Kurgan74 »

This play was a mess for sure. I have not been able to see the longer version of the video. I have only been able to view the part shared on twitter.

A blocked FG can be advanced by either team as long as it is recovered at or behind the line of scrimmage. If the ball crosses the line of scrimmage, only the D can advance.

I can not hear a whistle due to the fans and cowbells ringing.
If there was an inadvertent whistle, then by rule the down would have to be re-played.

The crew hand signals do not end the play. Only a whistle blows a play dead. The signals are normally only used after a whistle is blown.

I would like to see which official awards the TD. The kid who scoops up the ball in the vide stops well before the front pylon in the twitter video.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Kurgan74 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:19 pm This play was a mess for sure. I have not been able to see the longer version of the video. I have only been able to view the part shared on twitter.

A blocked FG can be advanced by either team as long as it is recovered at or behind the line of scrimmage. If the ball crosses the line of scrimmage, only the D can advance.

I can not hear a whistle due to the fans and cowbells ringing.
If there was an inadvertent whistle, then by rule the down would have to be re-played.

The crew hand signals do not end the play. Only a whistle blows a play dead. The signals are normally only used after a whistle is blown.

I would like to see which official awards the TD. The kid who scoops up the ball in the vide stops well before the front pylon in the twitter video.
I think there's a very clear whistle being blown, and I believe someone stated and if you look at the officials none of them were even paying attention to the young man with the ball. I believe someone said they were yelling at the officials to look at the guy with the ball and even the officials body language tells me they were done. Sucks really and even as wrong as it might be safest play for the officials was to say inadvertent whistle and re-play the down. Doesn't matter at this point it's just a bitter bitter pill for Huntington to swallow for sure. Those moments for a school like that against a team like Unioto are very rare.

Linepitcher70
Waterboy

Post by Linepitcher70 »

I have heard Keller is receiving a 2 game suspension from OHSAA. I believe Huntington admin is meeting with commissioners tomorrow. Should be interesting

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Linepitcher70 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:19 pm I have heard Keller is receiving a 2 game suspension from OHSAA. I believe Huntington admin is meeting with commissioners tomorrow. Should be interesting
Why?

Linepitcher70
Waterboy

Post by Linepitcher70 »

Ref reported he was "threatened" is what I heard.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Linepitcher70 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:48 pm Ref reported he was "threatened" is what I heard.
Wow, how could that be anything other than hearsay?
OHSAA should do something about the officiating crew totally blowing it.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Should they have been threatened? 🤔

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:02 pm Should they have been threatened? 🤔
Imagine messing up that bad and getting someone else in trouble because you can’t do your job. I’m not saying it’s ok to ever threaten a ref but come on.

When people believe your mess up is national news worthy(espn) you need to have some thicker skin.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

LetsBeReal wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:08 am
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:02 pm Should they have been threatened? 🤔
Imagine messing up that bad and getting someone else in trouble because you can’t do your job. I’m not saying it’s ok to ever threaten a ref but come on.

When people believe your mess up is national news worthy(espn) you need to have some thicker skin.
That's exactly what I was getting at. That call to me is still unbelievable. They didn't see the kid score and gave him a touchdown. The struggle is real....

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

They messed up the FG attempt right before halftime as well. Long FG by Unioto, was caught in end zone by Huntington. Kid ran it out, every ref followed the play. Should have been a touchback, once the ball crosses the goal line, its dead!

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:41 am They messed up the FG attempt right before halftime as well. Long FG by Unioto, was caught in end zone by Huntington. Kid ran it out, every ref followed the play. Should have been a touchback, once the ball crosses the goal line, its dead!
Not really related to this game but your post
made me think…

“Alabama doesn’t have athletes on the field,
they have offensive linemen”
😂😂😂

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jQC15dPArAc

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:36 am

That's exactly what I was getting at. That call to me is still unbelievable. They didn't see the kid score and gave him a touchdown. The struggle is real....
I actually believe the right call was made in the end. Only one person on that field was aware of the rule and acted on it. Blown whistle would of been the wrong answer(anyone confirmed that happened yet?) and it should of been a touchdown.

But two schools learned a very important lesson for the foreseeable future. Don’t assume refs know what is right or every rule. Also regardless of if the play is dead assume continuation may occur and protect yourselves without being flagrant.

Over the past few years we see scenarios to where whistles(fumble recoveries) don’t matter. I think it’s time to prepare for that.

Backerpitch70
Waterboy

Post by Backerpitch70 »

Suspension was overturned and ruling on game yet to come!

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Backerpitch70 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:10 pm Suspension was overturned and ruling on game yet to come!

Does that mean there is potential for the outcome to be changed? I find it hard to believe they would change their ruling of the game but strange things do happen

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

LetsBeReal wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:29 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:36 am

I actually believe the right call was made in the end. Only one person on that field was aware of the rule and acted on it. Blown whistle would of been the wrong answer(anyone confirmed that happened yet?) and it should of been a touchdown.

But two schools learned a very important lesson for the foreseeable future. Don’t assume refs know what is right or every rule. Also regardless of if the play is dead assume continuation may occur and protect yourselves without being flagrant.

Over the past few years we see scenarios to where whistles(fumble recoveries) don’t matter. I think it’s time to prepare for that.
I disagree.

So how long did the ball lay before the kid picked it up and ran? If it sat still for even a few seconds, any whistle would be blowing the play dead and
thus ending the game. The ball isn't live if it just lays there forever. Once it sets at rest, the play is over.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Looked like 2-3 seconds didn’t break it down exactly. And are you sure about that or is it treated like a fumble?Not saying you are wrong just asking. I Saw the second video after you replied and it wasn’t as immediate as I originally thought. You could see him more clearly.

Return to “Football”