Everyone is down on Ironton…

XandOs
Varsity

Everyone is down on Ironton…

Post by XandOs »

Name me a team that will play 3 of the tougher teams on their schedule without their starting QB, best RB, tons of other distractions either with Covid or other issues and still are 3-0 against 3 of the better teams in our area. They played a Wr at RB last week who had never played RB in a Hs game and he ran for over 100 yards. Take 2 of the best players off each team in SEO and play the best teams on their schedule with out them and see what their record is. Look at Wheelersburg week 1 without their starting QB. Other than 2 blown coverages they couldn’t move the ball and actually lost yardage. Ironton has the best Defense in SEO and when they get their guys back and rolling the offense will take off. Ironton has given up a total of 3 TDs in the first 3 games on D.

Ironmen98
All State

Re: Everyone is down on Ironton…

Post by Ironmen98 »

XandOs wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:37 pm Name me a team that will play 3 of the tougher teams on their schedule without their starting QB, best RB, tons of other distractions either with Covid or other issues and still are 3-0 against 3 of the better teams in our area. They played a Wr at RB last week who had never played RB in a Hs game and he ran for over 100 yards. Take 2 of the best players off each team in SEO and play the best teams on their schedule with out them and see what their record is. Look at Wheelersburg week 1 without their starting QB. Other than 2 blown coverages they couldn’t move the ball and actually lost yardage. Ironton has the best Defense in SEO and when they get their guys back and rolling the offense will take off. Ironton has given up a total of 3 TDs in the first 3 games on D.
It’s not that everyone is down on Ironton , is the arrogance of a lot of irontons posters. Ironton isn’t living up to all the off season hype. I would argue Jackson’s defense is just as good as irontons. Jackson defense has given up 2 touchdowns , one was a gift for ironton . Fumble inside the 15.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

XandOs, I agree with your post. A lot of folks are making negative comments on here despite being 3-0 against otherwise unbeaten teams. But, I think they are underachieving on Friday nights in regard to their execution.
Ironmen98, I'm with you in that they're not living up to the hype.
IMO, 3 things will determine whether or not they, in the end, live up to the hype.
When will they get Carpenter and Keyes back - and will they be 100% ?
Can they stop all the penalties and mistakes ?
Can they find an cohesive offensive identity ? They have none now.
Just my opinion...

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Jackson has best defense PERIOD. Keep in mind you played all your games at home.I will be cheering Ironton on this week. Good luck I hope your all healed up from the brutality of the Ironmen.

93Revenge
Waterboy

Post by 93Revenge »

My question is name another school with 15+ transfers that allows them to have “next man up” mentality…

And the WR at RB excuse? That WR was better than the starter and if anything, should have started at the RB position… coaches should have seen that at practice.

But when your arrogance doesn’t speak for itself, don’t start with excuses when it doesn’t work out in your favor. All everyone in SEO heard this summer was how dominate Ironton is and how they can play with anyone in Ohio… so we will see next week just how much of that was talk vs reality.

But anybody in the area should dominate with the amount of kids that have moved to the school district!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Ok
Last edited by biggdowgg on Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

It helps when your back up qb is aa good or better then the starter from what I've heard from some Ironton fans

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

biggdowgg wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:44 pm It helps when your back up qb is aa good or better then the starter from what I've heard from some Ironton fans
Definitely not true he has better mobility that’s about it mobile QB always a threat at HS level but QB1 better passer and way more experienced even though QB2 played well for his first varsity games

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

MaxxedOut_87 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:08 am Well, knowing I am going to probably be banned for this, I'm going to tell you why you feel that way.

1. Let's be clear. Nobody is down on the kids or even the staff
2. It is 1,000% the fanbase.

You gotta make a choice which program you want to be. Are you the high profile, major social media announcement, d1 recruits, nike deals, cameras, lock the gates, anyone, anytime, anyplace, program, or are you the humble close knit, sweep indiscretions under the rug when high profile players quit the team, take extra team photos but say he's going to be back.next season even though that makes no sense, don't want any spotlight unless it's complimentary, program?

Cause see as a fanbase, when you deny your team does not benefit from transfers, and when you thump your chest as a program on social media, but then keep falling short of the hype and you're also blatantly dishonest about why a player left your team, when you end up struggling at home vs a d6 ovc team, it's 100% deserved in my opinion. Take that as you will.
You hit the nail on the head!

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

MaxxedOut_87 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:11 am These moderators protect the indiscretions & dishonesty and that makes the fanbase even more disliked. Instead of allowing bs to be called out. It's empowered.
Preach it!

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

MaxxedOut_87 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:42 am The REAL story is coming. Stay tuned.
I hope so because there is more people waiting for it! Some people cannot handle the truth.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Speedkillz with another name.He’s getting close to the # of ex’s I have. :)

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :o :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

artisgilmore wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:34 am Speedkillz with another name.He’s getting close to the # of ex’s I have. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

You can’t make accusations. You can speculate. Two different things. We do live in a social media world now. With that will come scrutiny and predator type posts from people that lurk behind screen names.

I do however see “speedkills” imposition if you will.

If ironton wants to hype, puff up, and turn the spotlight on themselves, especially in social media, then it’s going to flush out more scrutiny especially when something goes awry.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Ironton is 3-0, no matter how they did it and no matter how they looked doing it. It still counts as 3-0.

Ironton isn't the only team with injuries......injuries will happen to every team at some point of the season.

Ironton does indeed play a tough schedule, but they're not the only ones playing a tough schedule.

Ironton isn't the only team making turnovers and penalties and struggling with an offensive identity.

My point in all this is that the things that have troubled IHS are not unique to just Ironton.

One other thing that Ironton shares with everyone else......there's the opportunity to get better moving forward.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:08 pm You can’t make accusations. You can speculate. Two different things. We do live in a social media world now. With that will come scrutiny and predator type posts from people that lurk behind screen names.

If ironton wants to hype, puff up, and turn the spotlight on themselves, especially in social media, then it’s going to flush out more scrutiny especially when something goes awry.
So it’s wrong to promote your players when they don’t win big or lose?Crazy.Especially when they are good enough to play at the next level. :roll:

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Wa wa wa , everyone is down on ironton

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:54 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:08 pm You can’t make accusations. You can speculate. Two different things. We do live in a social media world now. With that will come scrutiny and predator type posts from people that lurk behind screen names.

So it’s wrong to promote your players when they don’t win big or lose?Crazy.Especially when they are good enough to play at the next level. :roll:
Never said that. I said don’t get butt hurt when you realize you’re just another high school team fighting to win every week

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Speed does kill

Return to “Football”