Everyone is down on Ironton…

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Re: Everyone is down on Ironton…

Post by GalliaTribe »

MaxxedOut_87 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:52 pm
GalliaTribe wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:30 am
MaxxedOut_87 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:42 am The REAL story is coming. Stay tuned.
I hope so because there is more people waiting for it! Some people cannot handle the truth.
Irontons staff and fanbase have contorted themselves into pretzels regarding this story never realizing THEY made it worse themselves. But it's frequently like this. Ironton sweeps a lot of indiscretions under the rug. That said, they should've been honest from the start. The kid QUIT the program. Injury is unrelated. It was used as a cover.
Wow! Why would they do that? That’s sad!

RJShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RJShifko »

Ironton fan base has made Ironton a target. I think that the way the Coach Pendleton and staff have built the program is something many in the area are envious of Coach Pendleton has put many Ironton kids in a position where they are getting opportunities to be recruited by big schools. In addition to the recruiting ties he also brought the Rivals combine to the area I think it’s impressive what he has been able to do to create opportunities for his program.
Ironton is 3-0 and will be at worst 9-1 going into the playoffs I think once they get healthy they will be rolling into the post season

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Now speedkillz is talking to its self.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

MaxxedOut_87 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:52 pm
GalliaTribe wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:30 am
MaxxedOut_87 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:42 am The REAL story is coming. Stay tuned.
I hope so because there is more people waiting for it! Some people cannot handle the truth.
Irontons staff and fanbase have contorted themselves into pretzels regarding this story never realizing THEY made it worse themselves. But it's frequently like this. Ironton sweeps a lot of indiscretions under the rug. That said, they should've been honest from the start. The kid QUIT the program. Injury is unrelated. It was used as a cover.
Where is the young man now? Does he still go to Ironton?

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

SpeedKillz/Chillidawg/Maxxed out is on the case. He is dying to know why Ironton coaches didn’t publish this information on a high school student on Facebook and other media, totally normal and legal for HS coaches to do so

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

TigerBob wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:20 pm SpeedKillz/Chillidawg/Maxxed out is on the case. He is dying to know why Ironton coaches didn’t publish this information on a high school student on Facebook and other media, totally normal and legal for HS coaches to do so
He thinks they owe HIM an explanation and an apology. :roll:

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:48 pm
XandOs wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:37 pm Name me a team that will play 3 of the tougher teams on their schedule without their starting QB, best RB, tons of other distractions either with Covid or other issues and still are 3-0 against 3 of the better teams in our area. They played a Wr at RB last week who had never played RB in a Hs game and he ran for over 100 yards. Take 2 of the best players off each team in SEO and play the best teams on their schedule with out them and see what their record is. Look at Wheelersburg week 1 without their starting QB. Other than 2 blown coverages they couldn’t move the ball and actually lost yardage. Ironton has the best Defense in SEO and when they get their guys back and rolling the offense will take off. Ironton has given up a total of 3 TDs in the first 3 games on D.
It’s not that everyone is down on Ironton , is the arrogance of a lot of irontons posters. Ironton isn’t living up to all the off season hype. I would argue Jackson’s defense is just as good as irontons. Jackson defense has given up 2 touchdowns , one was a gift for ironton . Fumble inside the 15.
You can argue all you want but 100 years from now, there will be a W in Ironton's column. A gift? LoL..you got gifts too, you just didn't open them

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

This is an interesting thread. I put on my Facebook page earlier a statement that said: 'Only in Ironton can you be 3 & 0, with all those opponents having only one loss and so many have so many negative comments about you.

Then I see this thread, good one

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

kantucky wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:19 pm
XandOs wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:37 pm Name me a team that will play 3 of the tougher teams on their schedule without their starting QB, best RB, tons of other distractions either with Covid or other issues and still are 3-0 against 3 of the better teams in our area. They played a Wr at RB last week who had never played RB in a Hs game and he ran for over 100 yards. Take 2 of the best players off each team in SEO and play the best teams on their schedule with out them and see what their record is. Look at Wheelersburg week 1 without their starting QB. Other than 2 blown coverages they couldn’t move the ball and actually lost yardage. Ironton has the best Defense in SEO and when they get their guys back and rolling the offense will take off. Ironton has given up a total of 3 TDs in the first 3 games on D.
It’s not that everyone is down on Ironton , is the arrogance of a lot of irontons posters. Ironton isn’t living up to all the off season hype. I would argue Jackson’s defense is just as good as irontons. Jackson defense has given up 2 touchdowns , one was a gift for ironton . Fumble inside the 15.
You can argue all you want but 100 years from now, there will be a W in Ironton's column. A gift? LoL..you got gifts too, you just didn't open them
🙄 paper 🐅

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

kantucky wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:27 pm This is an interesting thread. I put on my Facebook page earlier a statement that said: 'Only in Ironton can you be 3 & 0, with all those opponents having only one loss and so many have so many negative comments about you.

Then I see this thread, good one
Ironton is decent . Nothing special. Good luck

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

I read this entire thread. As a long time Ironton fan the only thing weird to me is if that kid is injured why did he leave the team first? But we won't ever know. Both sides probably decided to run damage control. It is what it is. Also Ironton criticism isn't new. It comes with being one of the traditionally succesful programs in seo. I don't think it bothers players or staff nearly as much as it gets the fans who are on the outside looking in upset.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:15 pm

🙄 paper 🐅
Does that mean the L on Jacksons record is from a bad team? Because that means Jackson couldn't take control of a game vs a bad team right?

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:25 pm

🙄 paper 🐅
Does that mean the L on Jacksons record is from a bad team? Because that means Jackson couldn't take control of a game vs a bad team right?
Jackson and Fairland aren’t a powerhouse by any stretch and ironton couldn’t do anything with them. D5 power my a@@

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:11 pm

🙄 paper 🐅
Jackson and Fairland aren’t a powerhouse by any stretch and ironton couldn’t do anything with them. D5 power my a@@
I'm reasonable so I can agree with that. I've said it on other topics. I don't think Ironton stands out in their region presently. But that also means Jackson has an L from an average team.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:43 pm

I'm reasonable so I can agree with that. I've said it on other topics. I don't think Ironton stands out in their region presently. But that also means Jackson has an L from an average team.
Jackson and Fairland dont boast and brag on their program all year long. Ironton 😂

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

ironmen no matter how many times you post to trash Ironton, they still beat ya. :D

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:09 pm

Jackson and Fairland dont boast and brag on their program all year long. Ironton 😂
Has Jackson or Fairland been in a state championship game. I also don’t think it’s boasting. I think they are building a culture and promoting their athletes. They scheduled this game to let their kids be exposed to a different level of football and prepare them to win it next time they play for a championship.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Like I said I'm reasonable so I just accept the blowback as part of the deal. Ironton represents themselves as the class of SEO football and rightfully so to many respects so with that comes the other side of it. All succesfull programs live through this. I accept the criticism which is often fair and sometimes not. That's all just part of it.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

XandOs wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:56 pm

Has Jackson or Fairland been in a state championship game. I also don’t think it’s boasting. I think they are building a culture and promoting their athletes. They scheduled this game to let their kids be exposed to a different level of football and prepare them to win it next time they play for a championship.
I have my reservations with the idea that the moeller game is going to result in any real on the field benefit but I do think it benefits the program in other ways. I think at present, Ironton would benefit on the field more so against a team closer to what they will face in week 11, 12, 13. Just getting ran over by athletes they are gonna struggle to realistically match up with physically isn't going to change much from an x & o's perspective. I also do not foresee getting the scoreboard ran up in front of ya own home crowd a morale boost for a team with so much uncertainty

When Ashland canceled on burg, I said to myself, a week 4 rematch w Burg would be much more beneficial to Ironton presently from an on the field aspect. Hypothetically speaking of course. I just don't think THIS game benefits THIS team on the field in the way you envision it doing. Respectfully.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

frankie wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:52 pm ironmen no matter how many times you post to trash Ironton, they still beat ya. :D
May be a win on the scoreboard but ironton got manhandled the whole second half. That meant more to me than the win. Been a long time since ironton has laid down and took one. Good luck this weekend give the Catholics heck!

Return to “Football”