Everyone is down on Ironton…

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Re: Everyone is down on Ironton…

Post by FightingTiger99 »

allamericanironman wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:14 pm
frankie wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:52 pm ironmen no matter how many times you post to trash Ironton, they still beat ya. :D
May be a win on the scoreboard but ironton got manhandled the whole second half. That meant more to me than the win. Been a long time since ironton has laid down and took one. Good luck this weekend give the Catholics heck!
The defense got tired because the offense couldn't sustain a good offensive drive. They left their defense out to dry. The offense hasn't shown up since week one. Jackson beat Irontons defense up in the 2nd half because of it. When Ironton plays a good offensive team, they are gonna be in trouble. Not being able to get their defense off the field is gonna cost them an important game down the road if it's not fixed.
Last edited by FightingTiger99 on Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

allamericanironman wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:14 pm
frankie wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:52 pm ironmen no matter how many times you post to trash Ironton, they still beat ya. :D
May be a win on the scoreboard but ironton got manhandled the whole second half. That meant more to me than the win. Been a long time since ironton has laid down and took one. Good luck this weekend give the Catholics heck!
I don't understand the Jackson crowd? Everyone I talked to from Ironton or Ironton fans felt that the Jackson game would be a great victory if they could do it. I never (personally) heard one Ironton fan predicting a blow out. Just most did feel that the Tigers would win it but not in such a convincing fashion like many are alluding

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

XandOs wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:56 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:09 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:43 pm

I'm reasonable so I can agree with that. I've said it on other topics. I don't think Ironton stands out in their region presently. But that also means Jackson has an L from an average team.
Jackson and Fairland dont boast and brag on their program all year long. Ironton 😂
Has Jackson or Fairland been in a state championship game. I also don’t think it’s boasting. I think they are building a culture and promoting their athletes. They scheduled this game to let their kids be exposed to a different level of football and prepare them to win it next time they play for a championship.
They’re definitely bringing in a culture 😂

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I gotta chime in here.. These are my thoghts...

#1. Ironton is a really good team. Top 3 in SE Ohio no question.
#2. Ironton posters love to hype up their team. What posters don't like to?
#3. As long as you're not degrading or talking bad about the players.. thats the Key Thing.
#4. EVERYTHING is Speculation until they go out on the field and play the 4 quarters of the game.
#5. Best thing is .. respect all teams. Last thing needed is to Bash teams, fanbases or players simply because those same players very likely come on here and Read these posts. To those players who do read the posts or my post. I back you 100% regardless of speculation or Hype! Play the game and have fun! :)

Remember... our true enemy is COVID. NOT one another
Last edited by Valenth on Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:48 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:09 pm

Jackson and Fairland dont boast and brag on their program all year long. Ironton 😂
Has Jackson or Fairland been in a state championship game. I also don’t think it’s boasting. I think they are building a culture and promoting their athletes. They scheduled this game to let their kids be exposed to a different level of football and prepare them to win it next time they play for a championship.
One of the first things you, a grown a$$ man does in the morning is come here to try to bash Ironton football? You are failing miserably. You should try
getting a life. :lol:
Last edited by frankie on Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

frankie wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:51 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:48 am

One of the first things you, a grown a$$ man does in the morning is come here to try to bash Ironton football? You are failing miserably. You should try
getting life. :lol:
I think it's important to take into consideration this is a forum where people discuss a sport. It isn't a hallmark card section. Teams, programs, athletes get critique at every level. Some of it is fair, some of it isn't. I wish our fan base was as thick skinned as the staff and athletes. Our fans are the furthest removed and the most offended. Take it in stride.

Go2Guy
Waterboy

Post by Go2Guy »

93Revenge wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:35 pm My question is name another school with 15+ transfers that allows them to have “next man up” mentality…

And the WR at RB excuse? That WR was better than the starter and if anything, should have started at the RB position… coaches should have seen that at practice.

But when your arrogance doesn’t speak for itself, don’t start with excuses when it doesn’t work out in your favor. All everyone in SEO heard this summer was how dominate Ironton is and how they can play with anyone in Ohio… so we will see next week just how much of that was talk vs reality.

But anybody in the area should dominate with the amount of kids that have moved to the school district!

Shame them kids for wanting to better themselves. How dumb of a comment.... Your whole comment is stupid...

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Go2Guy wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:48 pm
93Revenge wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:35 pm My question is name another school with 15+ transfers that allows them to have “next man up” mentality…

And the WR at RB excuse? That WR was better than the starter and if anything, should have started at the RB position… coaches should have seen that at practice.

But when your arrogance doesn’t speak for itself, don’t start with excuses when it doesn’t work out in your favor. All everyone in SEO heard this summer was how dominate Ironton is and how they can play with anyone in Ohio… so we will see next week just how much of that was talk vs reality.

But anybody in the area should dominate with the amount of kids that have moved to the school district!

Shame them kids for wanting to better themselves. How dumb of a comment.... Your whole comment is stupid...
I think transfers that are sports related in a public school system is pretty normal. Ironton isn't doing anything irregular nor are the student athletes. As far as the hoopla that comes from our fan base, I would refer to my post above. The fans are the furthest removed from the experience and yet are more offended and reactionary than players or staff. Anytime you are publicly promtoted you can expect public criticism. The Ironton vs Moeller thread is a good example. I have been an Ironton fan my entire life, but my passion for Ironton football has not prevented me from being logical and some of our fans lose that ability. Many of them really believe we can match up with teams like Moeller and yes it is fake bravado, but I think a lot of our fans are just not exposed to much beyond their immediate environment, so you get that sort of viewpoint.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Ain't no one down on Arnton. Just haters throwin salt.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Valenth wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:49 am I gotta chime in here.. These are my thoghts...

#1. Ironton is a really good team. Top 3 in SE Ohio no question.
#2. Ironton posters love to hype up their team. What posters don't like to?
#3. As long as you're not degrading or talking bad about the players.. thats the Key Thing.
#4. EVERYTHING is Speculation until they go out on the field and play the 4 quarters of the game.
#5. Best thing is .. respect all teams. Last thing needed is to Bash teams, fanbases or players simply because those same players very likely come on here and Read these posts. To those players who do read the posts or my post. I back you 100% regardless of speculation or Hype! Play the game and have fun! :)

Remember... our true enemy is COVID. NOT one another
Very good post.

Return to “Football”