Week 4: Vinton County @ Meigs (Cancelled by Meigs)

Dundas
SEOPS

Week 4: Vinton County @ Meigs (Cancelled by Meigs)

Post by Dundas »

The highly anticipated week 4 TVC Ohio matchup has been cancelled. Meigs has covid issues and has called the game. Not sure if this will result in a forfeit or if it could possibly be rescheduled? Anyone with more knowledge is welcome to chime in!

Ironmen98
All State

Re: Week 4: Vinton County @ Meigs (Cancelled by Meigs)

Post by Ironmen98 »

Vinton County vs Wheelersburg
D4 vs D5

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Dundas wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:27 pm The highly anticipated week 4 TVC Ohio matchup has been cancelled. Meigs has covid issues and has called the game. Not sure if this will result in a forfeit or if it could possibly be rescheduled? Anyone with more knowledge is welcome to chime in!
It will result in a no play and cancel out. Not forfeit

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:33 pm Vinton County vs Wheelersburg
D4 vs D5
I think that would make an interesting game. Vinton county has looked decent this year.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:33 pm Vinton County vs Wheelersburg
D4 vs D5
I like it....make it happen

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Flexworth wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:36 pm
Dundas wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:27 pm The highly anticipated week 4 TVC Ohio matchup has been cancelled. Meigs has covid issues and has called the game. Not sure if this will result in a forfeit or if it could possibly be rescheduled? Anyone with more knowledge is welcome to chime in!
For computer points, yes, it's a no play.
But TVC bylaws say differently.
I think he was asking if it counts as a league loss or not.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Be nice if Combs would grow a sac and call da burg! ;) :idea: 8-)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:31 am Be nice if Combs would grow a sac and call da burg! ;) :idea: 8-)
They just had to play a team on short notice last week when Trimble cancelled on them. Now you want them to call up the Burg and play one of the better programs in SEO?

After watching Gallia vs Athens, I think that would be as much better matchup & shorter drive for the Vikes.

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:03 pm
Flexworth wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:36 pm
For computer points, yes, it's a no play.
But TVC bylaws say differently.
I think he was asking if it counts as a league loss or not.
Yea I don’t know what the TVC bylaws state, I was only talking about the ohsaa guidelines. VC may not pursue a replacement for this week, due to having covid problems themselves.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Wheelersburg, Ironton, Jackson...these are good programs to measure exactly how good your football team is. Some people would say for VC to play Burg would be a great opportunity. Some people would say the drive is too far. If VC travels like basketball they would bring a crowd.

allamericanironman
All Conference

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:17 am
allamericanironman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:31 am Be nice if Combs would grow a sac and call da burg! ;) :idea: 8-)
They just had to play a team on short notice last week when Trimble cancelled on them. Now you want them to call up the Burg and play one of the better programs in SEO?

After watching Gallia vs Athens, I think that would be as much better matchup & shorter drive for the Vikes.

allamericanironman
All Conference

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:50 am

Considering VC will make the playoffs and should win the TVC. Playing burg would only help when they get a bloom carrol or Heath. They should have beat Zane trace who lost to Logan elm in overtime . I think VC has the defense to compete with whomever they play. VC will beat Gallia.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Is it true Vinton County had some players tested positive also?

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

itsme wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:53 am Is it true Vinton County had some players tested positive also?
Yes, Vc has taken a significant hit the past couple days with some key starters

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

VC94 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:10 am
itsme wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:53 am Is it true Vinton County had some players tested positive also?
sad I was told one of the 2 players had his shot I don't know if other player was too young to get them

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

Well the solution is simple. Just do what our famous governor and future president said and “follow the f***ing guidelines”. If you guys would just get your dang shot and stay away from each other we could have normal football again.

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

Prolly better not play then unless you can get Miller or Southern or someone like that to play ya. That's what happened to you last week but the same teams go ahead and play the bad teams. Not NY though. Rusty nutted up and played even though they were short handed. NY don't dodge no body. :mrgreen:

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:58 am

Considering VC will make the playoffs and should win the TVC. Playing burg would only help when they get a bloom carrol or Heath. They should have beat Zane trace who lost to Logan elm in overtime . I think VC has the defense to compete with whomever they play. VC will beat Gallia.
Lol, VC will not win the TVC!!!!!!!!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

Pit Stop Billy wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:16 pm
Prolly better not play then unless you can get Miller or Southern or someone like that to play ya. That's what happened to you last week but the same teams go ahead and play the bad teams. Not NY though. Rusty nutted up and played even though they were short handed. NY don't dodge no body. :mrgreen:
Hey, all i was told was even though Meigs cancelled, we weren’t trying to schedule anyone else this week until everyone is healthy. I don’t believe were even practicing this week. Hopefully the situation is better next week

allamericanironman
All Conference

Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:35 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:58 am
Lol, VC will not win the TVC!!!!!!!!
It’s VC to lose. I said should win. I know they have Alex NY away. I’d take them over your bulldogs any day of the week and twice on sunday. Defense wins championships.

Return to “Football”