Watch out Ironton & Burg: The Trojans have the best QB & offense

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Watch out Ironton & Burg: The Trojans have the best QB & offense

Post by FightingTiger99 »

Portsmouth schedule shapes up nicely for them. Qb1 is experienced. This could be interesting.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: Watch out Ironton & Burg: The Trojans have the best QB & offense

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Im sure a lot of people are still not convinced with it being early in the season, but keep an eye on the Trojans. The offense is still reaching its potential, even with the offensive performances so far theyre capable of more. Majority of starters are seniors. So far the defense is looking completely different from last year, the reason they lost most games. Still early of course, but as of now it wouldnt shock me to see Portsmouth playing at home week 1 of the playoffs.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

$5 the OP is SpeedKillz..

any takers?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:38 pm $5 the OP is SpeedKillz..

any takers?
You would know about multiple user names

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

While I love seeing a post bragging on Portsmouth truth is they havent played a burg, ironton or Jackson, I’ll even go they haven’t played a Chillicothe or Russell or fairland but the Trojans are doing what they should be right now and that’s winning games and showing a improved offense and defense.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

One game at time is mt motto but im enjoying what I'm seeing so far and have confidence in at the very least a winning season.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I bet Piketon would like to have a say in this thread.

Tiger78
Waterboy

Post by Tiger78 »

I think the Waverly vs. Portsmouth scrimmage proves this thread wrong too (42-21 varsity, Waverly). Portsmouth is an excellent team, but there are some better SEO offenses.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Tiger78 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:52 pm I think the Waverly vs. Portsmouth scrimmage proves this thread wrong too (42-21 varsity, Waverly). Portsmouth is an excellent team, but there are some better SEO offenses.
Scrimmage 😂

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Trojans haven't played anyone with a defense yet and regardless, defense wins championships and Trojans don't have that.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

greygoose wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:26 pm Trojans haven't played anyone with a defense yet and regardless, defense wins championships and Trojans don't have that.
Nobody expects them to win a championship lmao, silly comment. Maybe you haven’t watched them, but their defense is actually vastly improved. It’s not the best in the area, I could name a dozen better. But for Portsmouth it’s pretty darn good compared to the last 12 or so years. Seems to me you maybe are caught up on the past and can’t root for this team that could be the best they’ve had in quite some time. I think football in southern Ohio is better when Portsmouth is better.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:26 pm Trojans haven't played anyone with a defense yet and regardless, defense wins championships and Trojans don't have that.
I think week to week you could put all 3 teams in a hat thus far & Portsmouth has as good a shot as Ironton/Burg right now.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Defense wins most games

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Drew Roe is the catalyst for Portsmouth’s offense:

Roughly a 62% passing completion
Right around 850 passing yards
10 passing touchdowns

That’s highly impressive through 3 games no matter the level of competition.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

I have seen Burg, Ironton, Waverly, Fairland, Portsmouth, and West. All atleast once in person, others several times. I hate to make big statements early on, so this is subject to change. So far, Waverly is the best overall. I think Fairland is the next best besides Jackson. I don't think Ironton is as impressive, especially on offense. But they found a way against both to squeak a win out and that's what matters. Portsmouth is not the Portsmouth of the last 10 years. They are explosive, and looked hungry on defense. I still am up in the air on my opinion on West and Burg. I know they are both good and capable. West had 5 turnovers in a loss to Portsmouth, and was still in a competitive game until late in the 4th. Had a win lined up against Fairland. We now know these teams are not slouches.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I'm just glad to see Portsmouth football back on the right track. I think it's great for our area and especially good for the long time Trojan fans who have had to witness several down years in a row. Good for the community and the kids!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:08 am I'm just glad to see Portsmouth football back on the right track. I think it's great for our area and especially good for the long time Trojan fans who have had to witness several down years in a row. Good for the community and the kids!
Agreed, Southern Ohio football is better when Portsmouth is good.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

SiderBlood wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:53 am I have seen Burg, Ironton, Waverly, Fairland, Portsmouth, and West. All atleast once in person, others several times. I hate to make big statements early on, so this is subject to change. So far, Waverly is the best overall. I think Fairland is the next best besides Jackson. I don't think Ironton is as impressive, especially on offense. But they found a way against both to squeak a win out and that's what matters. Portsmouth is not the Portsmouth of the last 10 years. They are explosive, and looked hungry on defense. I still am up in the air on my opinion on West and Burg. I know they are both good and capable. West had 5 turnovers in a loss to Portsmouth, and was still in a competitive game until late in the 4th. Had a win lined up against Fairland. We now know these teams are not slouches.
You say Ironton isn’t as impressive. But would any of these other teams still be undefeated if they hadn’t had their starting QB for all 3 games and missing other key pieces in other ball games including playing a Wr at RB. The Keyes kid is averaging over 10 yds a carry so when he comes back I’m sure he will be a focal point of the offense.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Also, No other team in SEO has a 4 game schedule nearly as tough as Ironton. Burg will win 7-8 games, Jackson will go 9-1 and Fairland could win 8-9 games and contend in D6 this season.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:01 am
SiderBlood wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:53 am I have seen Burg, Ironton, Waverly, Fairland, Portsmouth, and West. All atleast once in person, others several times. I hate to make big statements early on, so this is subject to change. So far, Waverly is the best overall. I think Fairland is the next best besides Jackson. I don't think Ironton is as impressive, especially on offense. But they found a way against both to squeak a win out and that's what matters. Portsmouth is not the Portsmouth of the last 10 years. They are explosive, and looked hungry on defense. I still am up in the air on my opinion on West and Burg. I know they are both good and capable. West had 5 turnovers in a loss to Portsmouth, and was still in a competitive game until late in the 4th. Had a win lined up against Fairland. We now know these teams are not slouches.
You say Ironton isn’t as impressive. But would any of these other teams still be undefeated if they hadn’t had their starting QB for all 3 games and missing other key pieces in other ball games including playing a Wr at RB. The Keyes kid is averaging over 10 yds a carry so when he comes back I’m sure he will be a focal point of the offense.
I think he means as impressive as he thought they might be and he’s correct. Ironton defense is really good though. Enough to go far in playoffs

Burg is a different team right now. Way better than week 1. How much better? Not sure yet but definitely better

Return to “Football”