Week 4: Pikeville(2-0) @ Wheelersburg (2-1)

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Week 4: Pikeville(2-0) @ Wheelersburg (2-1)

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:08 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:56 pm Really like Burg’s D, but the O is a dumpster fire. A playoff run is not going to happen this year, but if they want a shot at the SOC, changes must be made on the offense; from play calling to execution.
Too many turnovers to win. Getting Lattimore back (hopefully at some point) would probably help, but their offense going to be limited regardless with inexperienced QBs. But just like the Ironton game, if you don’t take care of the football, you don’t win. Coaches can’t hang on to the ball for them.*

Pikeville put some nice hits on the ball carriers, causing at least one, maybe two of those fumbles. The one fumble was on the play where the QB turns around and pitches it straight back to the RB. That play has resulted in a fumble both times they've ran it. Probably needs taken out of the book. lol

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:15 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:56 pm Really like Burg’s D, but the O is a dumpster fire. A playoff run is not going to happen this year, but if they want a shot at the SOC, changes must be made on the offense; from play calling to execution.
Too many turnovers to win. Getting Lattimore back (hopefully at some point) would probably help, but their offense going to be limited regardless with inexperienced QBs. But just like the Ironton game, if you don’t take care of the football, you don’t win. Coaches can’t hang on to the ball for them.*

Pikeville put some nice hits on the ball carriers, causing at least one, maybe two of those fumbles. The one fumble was on the play where the QB turns around and pitches it straight back to the RB. That play has resulted in a fumble both times they've ran it. Probably needs taken out of the book. lol
I'm sure Woodward could use you on the staff. Lol

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

Burgs gonna need the more dual threat at qb next week. Burgs not gonna make any significant improvement in the passing game by next week and Jackson is gonna load up and dare them to throw. Gonna need all hands on deck for a very physical game next week where burg will have to be able to win some 3rd downs up front running the ball.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:02 pm

Burgs gonna need the more dual threat at qb next week. Burgs not gonna make any significant improvement in the passing game by next week and Jackson is gonna load up and dare them to throw. Gonna need all hands on deck for a very physical game next week where burg will have to be able to win some 3rd downs up front running the ball.
Burg has made no improvement to their passing in four games, so you are correct, they will not be a passing threat against Jackson. Agree on the need for a dual threat at QB. Jackson is going to tee off on the Burg RBs.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:00 pm

I'm sure Woodward could use you on the staff. Lol

Wow!! You’re slipping pud if that’s the best you got.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Pikeville was overall best team burg played. Defensively not as strong as ironton but good enough. And pikeville offense was super good. So efficient on what they did.

Having said that burg played really well but coughed up the football too many times.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:13 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:02 pm

Burg has made no improvement to their passing in four games, so you are correct, they will not be a passing threat against Jackson. Agree on the need for a dual threat at QB. Jackson is going to tee off on the Burg RBs.
Offensive line will have to grow up next week. Gonna be a real test.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

Is the blame the transfers or what? Burg always has something to cry about

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I’m surprised by this score. Kentucky football is usually not on par with OH football. I know historically Pikeville is good but they are a small school. Plus I thought the long trip would work against Pikeville. I was wrong!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I watched the game on the video broadcast and two of those fumbles were just bad luck. The defender got their helmet right on the ball. Very few backs can maintain control in that situation, especially at the high school level.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:31 am I’m surprised by this score. Kentucky football is usually not on par with OH football. I know historically Pikeville is good but they are a small school. Plus I thought the long trip would work against Pikeville. I was wrong!
They are a small school but have more enrollment than burg. Set up different I guess. But I’d be surprised if that team loses one game this year and not win the state. They are overall the best team burg faced this year.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:31 am I’m surprised by this score. Kentucky football is usually not on par with OH football. I know historically Pikeville is good but they are a small school. Plus I thought the long trip would work against Pikeville. I was wrong!
Did you see any of the game? Pikeville was huge across the line on both sides and very talented. The twins they had were massive and very agile. They hit their assignments quick and hard and opened holes. Burg did get some penetration on a few plays but for the most part they ran the ball very well. QB was very talented and didn't throw into bad coverage and the receivers ran great routes. Bottom line, they were just a lot better than the Burg.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wrestlefan wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:39 am Is the blame the transfers or what? Burg always has something to cry about

WTAF are you talking about??

Who is crying about this game?? Pikeville was the better team. Burg just had some bad breaks and went toe to toe with them. Overall Burg’s defense was really good. Offense struggled most of the night.

Pikeville was one of the biggest teams Burg has ever faced.

sparkgls
Waterboy

Post by sparkgls »

Pikeville dominated this game. Very impressive.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Congrats to pikeville on the win, they have a very nice squad. On the flip side, burg moved the ball well but kept turning it over and the BURG defnse wasn't good on 3rd & 4th downs. Hard to win like that.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

“They are overall the best team burg faced this year.“

Lmfao!!!! 😂😂😂😂

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Pikeville was the Best Team Burg has faced this year by far!!! There is no question about that.. Their defense was great and their offense was even better, and well coached !

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:33 am
I watched the game on the video broadcast and two of those fumbles were just bad luck. The defender got their helmet right on the ball. Very few backs can maintain control in that situation, especially at the high school level.
No doubt as I don’t recall fumbles being a regular issue with those players. My comment was more directed at the original post questioning the play-calling.

Like others have said, sometimes you just gotta give the opponent credit. Pikeville’s line was bigger/more athletic on both sides of the ball than I expected and they had some great skill players mixed in as well. Not a moral victory kind of guy, but this game will help Burg come playoff time.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:11 am “They are overall the best team burg faced this year.“

Lmfao!!!! 😂😂😂😂
100%

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:41 pm
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:11 am “They are overall the best team burg faced this year.“

Lmfao!!!! 😂😂😂😂
100%
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Delusion has set in.

I watched the Pikeville and the Ironton games. Pikeville isn't on the same field as Ironton.

Return to “Football”