Will HS Football Survive COVID 19 In 2021? Cancellations, Postponements and Rescheduling

radiodavel
JV Team

Will HS Football Survive COVID 19 In 2021? Cancellations, Postponements and Rescheduling

Post by radiodavel »

Will HS Football Survive COVID 19 In 2021? Cancellations, Postponements and Rescheduling https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2021 ... scheduling

kantucky
Varsity

Re: Will HS Football Survive COVID 19 In 2021? Cancellations, Postponements and Rescheduling

Post by kantucky »

I strongly suspect it won't. At least not in the carefree days of a couple years ago. I also suspect (I HAVE NO ONE IN MIND OR KNOW OF ANY INFRACTION, NOT EVEN A RUMOR) that some coaches might be covering up for a kid or two who's got it and they hide it so their team won't go into quarantine. If that proves to be true, and then they're exposed later on, over a super spreader or a kid gets very ill or dies, pity the coach, he'll be in serious trouble.

I think a lot depends too on what strain emerges, talking about the MU variant which has just recently popped up. Delta which was a new comer not too long ago as well, now accounts for 98% of all new cases. It's killing a lot of people and it attacks small children as well. The MU so far appears to be much more resistant to preventive treatment and even more contagious that Delta.

In the mean time, I wished people would immunize. Is it foolproof? no, but it's sure better than going without it. Not only greatly decreases the risk of contracting Covid but warding off serious illness that causes people to wind up in the hospital, on a vent and dead. Oh, we'd probably be better off too if everyone put those mask back on. Definitive proof through statistics showed a mark decrease in contamination the last time everyone wore them.

I would hate it, very few things in life does this old man enjoy more than going to see them Tiger's play. Dollar for dollar, best entertainment out there.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
FightingTiger99
JV Team

Re: Will HS Football Survive COVID 19 In 2021? Cancellations, Postponements and Rescheduling

Post by FightingTiger99 »

kantucky wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:40 am I strongly suspect it won't. At least not in the carefree days of a couple years ago. I also suspect (I HAVE NO ONE IN MIND OR KNOW OF ANY INFRACTION, NOT EVEN A RUMOR) that some coaches might be covering up for a kid or two who's got it and they hide it so their team won't go into quarantine. If that proves to be true, and then they're exposed later on, over a super spreader or a kid gets very ill or dies, pity the coach, he'll be in serious trouble.

I think a lot depends too on what strain emerges, talking about the MU variant which has just recently popped up. Delta which was a new comer not too long ago as well, now accounts for 98% of all new cases. It's killing a lot of people and it attacks small children as well. The MU so far appears to be much more resistant to preventive treatment and even more contagious that Delta.

In the mean time, I wished people would immunize. Is it foolproof? no, but it's sure better than going without it. Not only greatly decreases the risk of contracting Covid but warding off serious illness that causes people to wind up in the hospital, on a vent and dead. Oh, we'd probably be better off too if everyone put those mask back on. Definitive proof through statistics showed a mark decrease in contamination the last time everyone wore them.

I would hate it, very few things in life does this old man enjoy more than going to see them Tiger's play. Dollar for dollar, best entertainment out there.
Really good post. Mask up. Get your vaccines, and be a responsible community member.

I have also suspected coaches have bent the rules as far as covid is concerned. I've read a lot of posts so I'm not going to comment any further because it seems like advocating health and safety protocol is not very embraced on this forum unfortunately.

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

There seem to be a lot more cancelations this year than last year...

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

It’s just real simple. If everyone would get that vaccine and were there dang mask and stay six foot away and then smear that preparation H around they lips this whole thing would go away

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

hannancoach wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:23 pm It’s just real simple. If everyone would get that vaccine and were there dang mask and stay six foot away and then smear that preparation H around they lips this whole thing would go away
Covid was here before and will be here after. I’m afraid the bad Covid it’s here to stay.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Random thought. A lot of communities have set up mobile vaccine sights in diff locations trying to encourage it. Games would be a great idea. The schools are active in community assistance and outreach. Maybe offer some incentive 1 game in season free admission or free popcorn or whatever. You get the idea. I read where I think a school in Massachusetts did that. I might be wrong on the state. And the games get good attendence for most part all around the state. I wonder if anyone has thought of that or if it would be feasible. Anyway.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:20 pm
kantucky wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:40 am I strongly suspect it won't. At least not in the carefree days of a couple years ago. I also suspect (I HAVE NO ONE IN MIND OR KNOW OF ANY INFRACTION, NOT EVEN A RUMOR) that some coaches might be covering up for a kid or two who's got it and they hide it so their team won't go into quarantine. If that proves to be true, and then they're exposed later on, over a super spreader or a kid gets very ill or dies, pity the coach, he'll be in serious trouble.

Really good post. Mask up. Get your vaccines, and be a responsible community member.

I have also suspected coaches have bent the rules as far as covid is concerned. I've read a lot of posts so I'm not going to comment any further because it seems like advocating health and safety protocol is not very embraced on this forum unfortunately.
You would be delusional if there was not teams with covid positive and still playing. It’s going to happen. If a top team or team that’s making a run gets a positive case you think they will report and cancel not a chance. Rules are being bent all over the state is my guess.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

My guess is this is happening a lot less then you think. Do you know what the potential liability it could be. If it is going on i almost guarantee you it is going on at the family level not the school or team level. As lawsuit happy as this country is. no one is taking that chance.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Doubt it….the boys club us typically taken care of behind the scenes

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:23 pm

You would be delusional if there was not teams with covid positive and still playing. It’s going to happen. If a top team or team that’s making a run gets a positive case you think they will report and cancel not a chance. Rules are being bent all over the state is my guess.
I’m 99% sure I know of 1 school that has played with it and heard another team has too. (Not Jackson)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

And I’d say it goes on way more with youth football which often coached by Dads who don’t need to follow rules/protocols that a coach would

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:15 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:23 pm

I’m 99% sure I know of 1 school that has played with it and heard another team has too. (Not Jackson)
A few schools, well at least one, has played games while there are positive cases among players. Those players didn't play in the games, but obviously they had practiced together. They played the game they knew they could win. Then the next week used the positive case reason to cancel the game. Of course the second game was against a much more formidable opponent. I say if there was no risk in the first game there wouldn't have been in the next one either. So, the rules are being bent and twisted to fit the situation for some schools. But my bet is most are sticking to the rules and protocols.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

OVC wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:07 pm There seem to be a lot more cancelations this year than last year...
Things within the school system and how games were handled are MUCH different this year compared to last year and I think that's why you're seeing such a large number of cancelations this year compared to last.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Wow. What a thread. So is health and well being not a priority in these communities? That's really unfortunate. People just killing their own with selfishness & neglect. It's kinda crazy how small towns fancy themselves as tight knit and morally astute, and then you begin to peal back the layers of that facade and learn just how cruel they are to one another. Very sad.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

i understand that it seems like a lot of games cancelled but remember at this time last year there were some schools that had not even started their season. Also i follow region 15 pretty close. 27 teams in region those teams play 127 different opponents as of tonight these 154 different schools will of played 94% of their games. my guess is every region will finish year above 90% of games played. if you would of told me that this spring i would of took it in a heart beat.

Return to “Football”