Week 5 : Portsmouth 4-0, 1-0 @ Gallia Academy 2-1, 0-0

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Week 5 : Portsmouth 4-0, 1-0 @ Gallia Academy 2-1, 0-0

Post by Beergogglebluez »

MR305 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:25 pmCancelled
For real? I’m heading 30 different stories from covid to Gallia has 13 healthy kids.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

Health Dept., nothing to do with the amount of healthy players

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

athletic website says postponed..... any chance this becomes a later in weekend or monday game? or are they just avoiding the word cancelled?

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Hoping to see Portsmouth pick someone up on short notice

Who Dey!
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

PTrojan59 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:53 pm Hoping to see Portsmouth pick someone up on short notice
Waverly at home

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

So the Gallia health department cancelled the game because of an outbreak of covid on the team or at the school?

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

I really hate this one is canceled, but totally understand.
Had potential to be a good game. Go Blue Devils!

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Talked to a few people and this what they told me, not saying it is true but this is what they said. The health dept did cancel the game because ONE or more tested positive for covid. From my understanding if this criteria is used every week then we must consider cancelling the rest of the season. Not blaming anyone but sounds like a governmental over reach in my opinion...

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Definitely is! I dont know how they can pull that off. Sounds sketchy to me but we are in unchartered waters now. Could be true but sounds wild.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

superblue wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:07 am Talked to a few people and this what they told me, not saying it is true but this is what they said. The health dept did cancel the game because ONE or more tested positive for covid. From my understanding if this criteria is used every week then we must consider cancelling the rest of the season. Not blaming anyone but sounds like a governmental over reach in my opinion...
If true that's crazy and yea might as well just cancel the rest of the season. Though I'm sure the OHSAA will lobby and make it so the playoffs will still happen so they can take all the gate money again. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

To me this is on coaching staff, players and families. I think everyone involved knows the rules. This game was just not cancelled the program was basically shut down. my guess is next weeks game is in real jeopardy. If teams were worried about having a full season they should of made the decision to get vaccinated and wear masks in doors when not social distanced. if this was done the team would still be allowed to compete.

i don't care who is vaccinated and who is not that is a personal choice. But if you choose to make decisions to leave your season up to other people by not doing everything you can don't complain about it.

This team is probably going to have to cancel next week there are some ways around it but get it doesn't get done. might be able to play friday or saturday but no practice before hand. There is a very good chance this team will go into coal grove week with a game they have to have having not played for a month and only had 2 or 3 practices n two weeks

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

svac83 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:37 pm To me this is on coaching staff, players and families. I think everyone involved knows the rules. This game was just not cancelled the program was basically shut down. my guess is next weeks game is in real jeopardy. If teams were worried about having a full season they should of made the decision to get vaccinated and wear masks in doors when not social distanced. if this was done the team would still be allowed to compete.

i don't care who is vaccinated and who is not that is a personal choice. But if you choose to make decisions to leave your season up to other people by not doing everything you can don't complain about it.

This team is probably going to have to cancel next week there are some ways around it but get it doesn't get done. might be able to play friday or saturday but no practice before hand. There is a very good chance this team will go into coal grove week with a game they have to have having not played for a month and only had 2 or 3 practices n two weeks
Nothing we do is organized, so why would this be any different? Embarrassing.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

There are a lot of schools in this same boat. But if you read through you can tell some teams went the extra mile to ensure they could have a complete as season as possible. My brother has kid on a high school team in kentucky the seniors basically got together and decided they were going to get vaccinated. then they went to the rest of the team and the coaches. Not everyone got vaccinated but they have like 35 out of 50 vaccinated so plenty to play even if there is a positive case. This is why i spread the blame around on everyone. Because you would of had people screaming in certain communities if it came from a coach. Like i said it is everyone choice it doesn't bug me that they didn't do this i just don't want people blaming the health department or anyone else. `

Covid sucks and these aren't what i think rules should be but it is what they are and everyone knew it basically from the time they opened up in june.

Foosballs
Waterboy

Post by Foosballs »

Unfortunate but this will keep an L off the blues record none the less :?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

i dont know about that would of been a interesting game

JFLRADIO Big Mor
Riding the Bench

Post by JFLRADIO Big Mor »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:57 am
JFLRADIO Big Mor wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:00 am Gallia by 2 scores, not buying the Portsmouth hype train.
Good thing it’s not for sale then partner. Better get out of the way before ya get hit by it.
Not a gallia fan but all good … do what portsmouth does.. talk

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

JFLRADIO Big Mor wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:09 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:57 am
JFLRADIO Big Mor wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:00 am Gallia by 2 scores, not buying the Portsmouth hype train.
Good thing it’s not for sale then partner. Better get out of the way before ya get hit by it.
Not a gallia fan but all good … do what portsmouth does.. talk
Yep, sure will talk, suppose you can predict scores but I can’t reply. I’d say most Portsmouth posters on here are pretty mild, I could be the most hostile. Even then I wouldn’t say I do a lot of trash talking, but when you’re in you’re feelings I guess anything is trash talking.

Return to “Football”