Week 5 Ironton @ South Point

BigGame99

Re: Week 5 Ironton @ South Point

Post by BigGame99 »

So anyway does anyone else.wanna even try to provide some.context? Look.
The initial post on this topic is exaggerated. This stems from an effort they started last year that got upended by covid.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210915-013747_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20210915-014006_Facebook.jpg

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

Above was an effort to secure some funding. Or at least one of them. When it was canceled per covid, there was a promise to reshedule at a later date. Nothing else was said publicly about it to my knowledge. So all of this is a pinch of truth smothered in gossip.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

People hear 3% of a fact, make up the rest, and transform it into an entire whole other story and then spread it. While making no effort at all to discuss it in reality.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

I believe Coach Pendleton
Coach Whaley ( Tank)
And Coach Ryan Day among some other names were scheduled at the event. At the time they also released a graphic concept of the future facility.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

BigGame99 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:29 pm Should've STAYED independent. Ya mean to tell me Ironton can afford new buses but CAN'T afford to travel in them?
They can afford end zone cams? But can't afford to drive a couple hours to cincy or to johnson central in ky? So play in a school of the blind conference?
If you are referring to the new bus that is wrapped. Ironton doesnt own them. Ironton school system didnt pay 1 cent for it.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

Taylormade wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:51 pm
BigGame99 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:29 pm Should've STAYED independent. Ya mean to tell me Ironton can afford new buses but CAN'T afford to travel in them?
They can afford end zone cams? But can't afford to drive a couple hours to cincy or to johnson central in ky? So play in a school of the blind conference?
If you are referring to the new bus that is wrapped. Ironton doesnt own them. Ironton school system didnt pay 1 cent for it.
Ahh ok. That was presented DIFFERENTLY on social media.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

BigGame99 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:32 pm
The Tiger Klan owns the bus which is the booster club. But Glockner bought the bus for the most part.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Nice ,we should call tim glockner and have him buy us a bus like that seeing how this is his home town

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

RIP South Point.

BigGame99

Post by BigGame99 »

TigerMania wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:02 pm
BigGame99 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:32 pm

The Tiger Klan owns the bus which is the booster club. But Glockner bought the bus for the most part.
"Klan"

Yea, that checks out.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Is this game being streamed?

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

Playing a team this down is not helping either team.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

SEO95 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:17 pm Playing a team this down is not helping either team.
I agree but sadly it's due to the conference Ironton is in.
Ironton is to good for a conference that is slowly getting small as Ironton is getting better.
It is a good conference for all other sports but does nothing to help the Football team overall.
Yes once in awhile you will get a team like Fairland give Ironton a tough game but not on a consistent basis.
It may be time to look at going Independent problem is will it be at the sacrifice of all other sports to do so.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

These games are good in that the younger players get some snaps under the lights. They work hard and deserve it.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

frankie wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:43 am These games are good in that the younger players get some snaps under the lights. They work hard and deserve it.
I agree with you once Ironton got up 36 to 0 Ironton had removed their starters and put in all 2nd and 3rd team players a lot of freshmen got playing time last night and will only help this team in the future.
South Point is in dire straits with their Football program and it don't look like things are going to change very quickly in the future

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

South point is in between a ton of schools and wonder if kids leave. You have ironton, Huntington, Ashland all a few miles away and those teams win quite a bit. Chesapeake too is in between all those schools. South point has really nice facilities. I hope they get on track in the future.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

frankie wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:43 am These games are good in that the younger players get some snaps under the lights. They work hard and deserve it.
Ironton has at least 3 more games young players will get time.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Field daddy, I agree with what you saying to a point, but it would be stupid and selfish if we leave OVC for all sports just because of football. Ironton would be pretty much saying we don’t care about the other sports and the kids that play them. Not right at all!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerMania wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:24 pm Field daddy, I agree with what you saying to a point, but it would be stupid and selfish if we leave OVC for all sports just because of football. Ironton would be pretty much saying we don’t care about the other sports and the kids that play them. Not right at all!
Didn’t ironton need an overtime to beat fairland? And haven’t played Portsmouth yet.

Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:57 pm
TigerMania wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:24 pm Field daddy, I agree with what you saying to a point, but it would be stupid and selfish if we leave OVC for all sports just because of football. Ironton would be pretty much saying we don’t care about the other sports and the kids that play them. Not right at all!
Didn’t ironton need an overtime to beat fairland? And haven’t played Portsmouth yet.
No.

Return to “Football”