Week 5 Ironton @ South Point

fielddaddy
JV Team

Re: Week 5 Ironton @ South Point

Post by fielddaddy »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:57 pm
TigerMania wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:24 pm Field daddy, I agree with what you saying to a point, but it would be stupid and selfish if we leave OVC for all sports just because of football. Ironton would be pretty much saying we don’t care about the other sports and the kids that play them. Not right at all!
Didn’t ironton need an overtime to beat fairland? And haven’t played Portsmouth yet.
Yes but Ironton didn't have it's QB 1 available either and yes it still has Portsmouth so what is your point.
Ironton is getting key players back and will be able to open the play book more with a passing game.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fielddaddy wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:45 pm
TigerMania wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:24 pm Field daddy, I agree with what you saying to a point, but it would be stupid and selfish if we leave OVC for all sports just because of football. Ironton would be pretty much saying we don’t care about the other sports and the kids that play them. Not right at all!
Didn’t ironton need an overtime to beat fairland? And haven’t played Portsmouth yet.
Yes but Ironton didn't have it's QB 1 available either and yes it still has Portsmouth so what is your point.
Ironton is getting key players back and will be able to open the play book more with a passing game.
:roll:

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Eyeroll coming from the guy who whines about bad luck and fumbles in a 40-6 ballgame.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good to see Carpenter getting some reps at QB. The Freshman QB looks like he has good potential.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerBob wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:15 pm Eyeroll coming from the guy who whines about bad luck and fumbles in a 40-6 ballgame.
I'm perfectly fine with saying we lost and yes the pick six and the fumbles aided in the lopsided score. Any reasonable person would agree. What I wont say is that we weren't as good with out QB1. That's a very stretched statement. QB2 is talented enough.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

It is a stretch to say that football teams are worse with their backup quarterback?

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Didn't the Tigers spank Burg in regulation? No overtime needed.

Return to “Football”