Week 5 Ironton @ South Point

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Week 5 Ironton @ South Point

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

The Fighting Tigers travel to South Point to take on the Pointers, thoughts?

CAT21
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 5 Ironton @ South Point

Post by CAT21 »

Well, I think we all know how this one is going to go

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Running ⏰

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

😴

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

It is not much fun to have to play a team that is so down. JV’s will get some good play time.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Don’t even play the kids hurt, need rest anything like that. Ironton by 35 even if those kids rest.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Any team around have a greater difference in competition from week 4 to week 5

FightingTiger99
JV Team

If the moe game helps the team. What does the next two games do?

Especially a team that still needs to figure things out, particulary on the offensive side of the ball? How do you measure that progression say the next couple weeks?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:08 pm Any team around have a greater difference in competition from week 4 to week 5
I doubt it, that’s quite the drop off.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:14 pm If the moe game helps the team. What does the next two games do?

Especially a team that still needs to figure things out, particulary on the offensive side of the ball? How do you measure that progression say the next couple weeks?
South Point, Chesapeake then Rock Hill before finishing with Gallia Academy and Portsmouth.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:17 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:14 pm If the moe game helps the team. What does the next two games do?

South Point, Chesapeake then Rock Hill before finishing with Gallia Academy and Portsmouth.
Yea I'm not gonna share my opinion of the ovc. Lets just say it does no favors.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

I think Ironton is in a bit of a situation how this all sets up

Qb1 still injured. Offensive is not very good. Still alot of questions on offense. And now this massive dip in sos. I don't know how ya measure progression. How do ya know it's gonna be week 11 ready? How can you tell you are on that path against sp, rh, and peake? No disrespect to them. I just wonder if the conference is a sedative.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

They have the option to leave. The administration at Ironton just doesn’t have the balls. Just continue to use the same excuse as “we could go independent. But don’t want to send a volleyball to warren to play on a Thursday night”
FightingTiger99 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:19 pm

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

This would be a good week for Wylie to gain some confidence by putting it in the air a lot. Our weakness is catching the ball. I'd put on an all out aerial attack all night long. We are also starting to see who's got heart carrying that ball for the Tigers.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
FightingTiger99
JV Team

Matt77 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:35 pm They have the option to leave. The administration at Ironton just doesn’t have the balls. Just continue to use the same excuse as “we could go independent. But don’t want to send a volleyball to warren to play on a Thursday night”
FightingTiger99 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:19 pm

It's not my decision to make. Irregardless the fact remains. Ovc does no favors in this scenario. Hurts more than helps.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

kantucky wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:45 pm This would be a good week for Wylie to gain some confidence by putting it in the air a lot. Our weakness is catching the ball. I'd put on an all out aerial attack all night long. We are also starting to see who's got heart carrying that ball for the Tigers.
I'm sure they will try some things. Try to make most of it. Going to have to. The silence on Carpenters injury makes it seem like he may not return this season.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

kantucky wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:45 pm This would be a good week for Wylie to gain some confidence by putting it in the air a lot. Our weakness is catching the ball. I'd put on an all out aerial attack all night long. We are also starting to see who's got heart carrying that ball for the Tigers.
Ya know ya make a good point about our weakness catching the ball. Ironton doesn't really have or have had real athletic kids who can make plays on balls on the outside. Nobody who can really go up & get balls. The Perkins kid is a nice compliment but even he isn't really that kind of receiver.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:28 am
I'm sure they will try some things. Try to make most of it. Going to have to. The silence on Carpenters injury makes it seem like he may not return this season.
Speed/Chilli/FT99 - you seem obsessed with this idea of silence, first on Carter now on Carpenter injury. You do realize these are high school students, and federal law applies to what you can and cannot share about them? This isn’t the NFL where someone owes you an injury report. Nobody is hiding any information, it’s just not something this is going to be or is even supposed to be shared.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

TigerBob wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:28 am
Speed/Chilli/FT99 - you seem obsessed with this idea of silence, first on Carter now on Carpenter injury. You do realize these are high school students, and federal law applies to what you can and cannot share about them? This isn’t the NFL where someone owes you an injury report. Nobody is hiding any information, it’s just not something this is going to be or is even supposed to be shared.
I've read enough of your posts to know you're not at all very bright and also very insecure. I'm trying to overlook you for now. Keep it up and I'll embarass you. You seem very insecure about Ironton?

FightingTiger99
JV Team

TigerBob wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:28 am
I don't think I've mentioned Carter before but now that you mention it, if he was just injured and will be back next season like I have heard some fans repeat, why then did he leave the team entirely prior to that injury announcement? While you're working on that, and again, now that you mention it, wonder why Carpenter got to be a part of the team photos but Carter did not if he is out for the season due to injury and returning next season as I keep hearing some fans repeat?

I hear an awful lot from fans not to be huh "bob" ( belly over belt)

Here is another question based on things I hear in our fanbase. I haven't been here long but searching back I haven't noticed it mentioned but I have heard about at least two assistant coaches for Ironton ( in the past year or so) were dismissed due to domestic violence issues? Guess they were abusing their wives/gfs or something like that. May have even been some court documentation involved. Matter fact I believe those documents are publicly accessible. I have plenty of questions and some insight that I am sure might just satisy your insecurity. Lol. Keep playing with me and I'll show you exactly how much access i have. 😉

Return to “Football”