Week 5 Ironton @ South Point

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Re: Week 5 Ironton @ South Point

Post by FightingTiger99 »

TigerBob wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:28 am
FightingTiger99 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:28 am
kantucky wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:45 pm This would be a good week for Wylie to gain some confidence by putting it in the air a lot. Our weakness is catching the ball. I'd put on an all out aerial attack all night long. We are also starting to see who's got heart carrying that ball for the Tigers.
I'm sure they will try some things. Try to make most of it. Going to have to. The silence on Carpenters injury makes it seem like he may not return this season.
Speed/Chilli/FT99 - you seem obsessed with this idea of silence, first on Carter now on Carpenter injury. You do realize these are high school students, and federal law applies to what you can and cannot share about them? This isn’t the NFL where someone owes you an injury report. Nobody is hiding any information, it’s just not something this is going to be or is even supposed to be shared.
Also I don't know speed99 but I seen where that speed guy you keep mentioning said on a thread that you and some other Ironton fans were lying and that Carter just straight up quit the Ironton program. That there was no injury and the injury had been one that was lingering and unrelated to the reason for his departure. I even heard it mentioned in my time around fighting tiger fans that "maybe" some sorta altercation ensued or argument of some sort prior to the departure? I of course got first wind that Carter simply just quit from Irontons fan page on facebook called The Tiger Den. That is where that was initially exposed or mistakingly let go. Strange though because after that was disclosed the author or moderator or whatever behind that group explained that he was "contacted" about that disclosure and then it was mildly "walked back" without any additional context. Anyway. I have plenty we can discuss if you're that lonely. Or if not just curb your strange, insecurity driven, infatuation with me. Or maybe speak to your own fan base as I do, and try to get on the same page.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

kantucky wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:45 pm This would be a good week for Wylie to gain some confidence by putting it in the air a lot. Our weakness is catching the ball. I'd put on an all out aerial attack all night long. We are also starting to see who's got heart carrying that ball for the Tigers.
I'm sure they will try some things. Try to make most of it. Going to have to. The silence on Carpenters injury makes it seem like he may not return this season.
Speed/Chilli/FT99 - you seem obsessed with this idea of silence, first on Carter now on Carpenter injury. You do realize these are high school students, and federal law applies to what you can and cannot share about them? This isn’t the NFL where someone owes you an injury report. Nobody is hiding any information, it’s just not something this is going to be or is even supposed to be shared.

Also, if it is not something that is supposed to be known or shared ( carpenters injury) you must look back during the Lutz era and feel pretty weird about whole articles in the Ironton Tribune about ( for example) the J.J. King injury? To name many more. Was the Lutz staff just way more naive or inexperienced and unprofessional compared to this staff because those things that "are not something that is supposed to be shared" was in fact discussed? Because if not it seems kinda hypocritical now to say such a thing huh? I guess we are lucky an unprofessional staff like the one lutz had that allowed things to be discussed that are "not supposed to be" is gone and replaced by such a professional staff that would NEVER disclose anything.

OR maybe there are a few unflattering details Irontons feels need concealed now? Who knows huh? 😉

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:33 pm

Also, if it is not something that is supposed to be known or shared ( carpenters injury) you must look back during the Lutz era and feel pretty weird about whole articles in the Ironton Tribune about ( for example) the J.J. King injury? To name many more. Was the Lutz staff just way more naive or inexperienced and unprofessional compared to this staff because those things that "are not something that is supposed to be shared" was in fact discussed? Because if not it seems kinda hypocritical now to say such a thing huh? I guess we are lucky an unprofessional staff like the one lutz had that allowed things to be discussed that are "not supposed to be" is gone and replaced by such a professional staff that would NEVER disclose anything.

OR maybe there are a few unflattering details Irontons feels need concealed now? Who knows huh? 😉
I would love to hear what you have to say. I’m pretty sure there is more of us that want to know because we are not like the rest of Ironton that wants to be lied to or are too naive. So if you have something I think you should let us know on here about it.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:25 pm

Also I don't know speed99 but I seen where that speed guy you keep mentioning said on a thread that you and some other Ironton fans were lying and that Carter just straight up quit the Ironton program. That there was no injury and the injury had been one that was lingering and unrelated to the reason for his departure. I even heard it mentioned in my time around fighting tiger fans that "maybe" some sorta altercation ensued or argument of some sort prior to the departure? I of course got first wind that Carter simply just quit from Irontons fan page on facebook called The Tiger Den. That is where that was initially exposed or mistakingly let go. Strange though because after that was disclosed the author or moderator or whatever behind that group explained that he was "contacted" about that disclosure and then it was mildly "walked back" without any additional context. Anyway. I have plenty we can discuss if you're that lonely. Or if not just curb your strange, insecurity driven, infatuation with me. Or maybe speak to your own fan base as I do, and try to get on the same page.
So it's just a coincidence speedkillz/chili dawg disappears and then you appear posting like he did, about 20 times a day. :roll: ok...

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Carpenter is close to returning from what I hear they want him fully healed.
Wylie can then move to receiver/wing back where he can show his athleticism.
Ironton will have the next few games to heal and fine tune their offense.
Moeller was going to be a loss most knew that but still had hope of a win.
More important they learned hopefully from this team to build on in the future.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Good time to rest some players and play some backups.

Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:02 pm

I've read enough of your posts to know you're not at all very bright and also very insecure. I'm trying to overlook you for now. Keep it up and I'll embarass you. You seem very insecure about Ironton?
Look out everyone, we’ve got a tough guy over here.

Grizzly&Gatorade
Waterboy

Post by Grizzly&Gatorade »

Lick your wounds Tigers, and get back at it!

Ironton by 3 scores.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Lavon Helm wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:38 pm

I've read enough of your posts to know you're not at all very bright and also very insecure. I'm trying to overlook you for now. Keep it up and I'll embarass you. You seem very insecure about Ironton?
I think a lot people on here think you are bluffing. I really think you know some stuff and should tell us. Would love to hear what you have to say

Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

TigerMania wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:45 pm
Lavon Helm wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:38 pm

I think a lot people on here think you are bluffing. I really think you know some stuff and should tell us. Would love to hear what you have to say
No way man. I don’t bluff about *checks notes* the playing status of small town high school football players. It is too serious! Watergate has nothing on this. The local fat has-beens need to know the truth! They cannot move on with their lives until they do…they have nothing else to live for!

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ironton by a field goal or two. Maybe three

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

50 0 iron

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:33 am
Ya know ya make a good point about our weakness catching the ball. Ironton doesn't really have or have had real athletic kids who can make plays on balls on the outside. Nobody who can really go up & get balls. The Perkins kid is a nice compliment but even he isn't really that kind of receiver.
Besides the Futhey kid from Waverly, name another WR in the area that’s as tall or athletic as Perkins? As a Valley fan, I have never seen him drop a pass. If he can get out of his own head, you won’t find a better more athletic WR in the area. If you would have stuck with “we don’t have a sure handed receiver”, based on the small sample size you have seen him play, I’d have to agree with you. To say you do not have an athletic receiver outside, when you have the most/ second most athletic receiver in southern Ohio is ridiculous.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Speed/Chilli/FT99 - The complaints on silence about Carter came from an old account. One of the ones you used to use before you got banned. With respect to why one kid is in the photo and one kid isn’t, it’s very simple. One left the team and one didn’t. Next year, both can play football if they wish, just like every other student in the school.

With respect to the assistant coaches - I am very impressed that you have access to public records. You are a true insider. Post away about them, if they are really beating wives and girlfriends they deserved to be shamed. I truly couldn’t care less.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

I agree. People make mistakes and they have to pay the price no matter how big or small. Both of those coaches were either let go or quit. Its old news. I'd say about every school has skeletons in their closets lol

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

As for the game I wouldn't be surprised if it was canceled and Ironton had to try and find a game

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

So many rumors! People used to ask me when I had the website why I didn't put a message board on it, it was because of this. I know those years when I was around that I was stunned at the crap that Bob Lutz had to put up with. I'd told everyone bye a long time ago. Even when he was winning games he shouldn't have, he still had it slung at him. I'm sure most coaches do but I guess you just have to be super thick skinned to do the job. It should be part of the job description, 'must have hide like Rhino'

The worst I ever seen was when St Clairsville came to Ironton in the first round of the playoffs two weeks after Ironton took down Clark, Snow and CAPE and we were really busted up. Archbishop Moeller never came close to pounding our boys the way CAPE did that week. It really took it's toll on the team. Yet, Ironton pulled it off but at great cost.

I mention that to say this..I was standing on the visitor's side that night when St Clairsville came to town, I had to work midnight shift at the refinery and stood there because the crowd was so large and I wanted to make sure I got out soon enough. It was pouring the rain the whole time. Their fans were calling their head coach out by name and threatening him, telling him as they pulled ahead he'd better not lose this game! "You better not blow this game!" ...." don't you dare lose this one!" ....Not just one either but a bunch of them were. I thought, Bob Lutz wouldn't have put up with that for 1 minute. No one ever disrespected him like that...someone would punch them in the mouth I do believe had they tried.

Now, please let me clarify something, I sure wasn't saying anything bad about our boys when it come to receiving, we just don't as of yet, have those kids that can make those amazing catches and make their QB look fantastic (that kid from Kirtland was the best I've ever personally seen in my life, he looked like NFL highlight films. He just gave up his body but he was going to catch that ball). It's true that if you can have a kid who can bring down anything less than four feet over his head or five yards away, he makes the QB look like a genius.

As far as the Perkins kid that someone mentioned, heavens, that kid thrilled me so much scoring that miracle TD he could do absolutely nothing the rest of the year and he'd be a hero to me. How he beat that last kid who had the angle on him, I'll never know! I just know he done it. The last time I heard a crowd roar like that was in '99, the state championship game....sadly, it came from the other side of the field. It reminded me of the way everyone was said to have screamed when the Titanic went under. Glad to have Perkins! As a fan, thank you for your hard work you've put in.

Now, Carter? I know him and his father, not well, they're more of friend's of a friend. I talked to them last week. I won't say what they told me, it's not my right to reveal private conversation but I can well assure everyone here that young Mr. Carter certainly had shoulder surgery and he's walking around with one of those brace things that holds your arm out so it cannot be bent. No one has to ask him, you see the apparatus on him. Yes, the team sure misses him. Also, nothing is nearly as surly as what many of the rumors say

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Jason Philaw, voice of the Tigers graciously allowed me to share this with everyone. Last weeks game against Moeller

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Alitown wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:35 am
FightingTiger99 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:33 am
Ya know ya make a good point about our weakness catching the ball. Ironton doesn't really have or have had real athletic kids who can make plays on balls on the outside. Nobody who can really go up & get balls. The Perkins kid is a nice compliment but even he isn't really that kind of receiver.
Besides the Futhey kid from Waverly, name another WR in the area that’s as tall or athletic as Perkins? As a Valley fan, I have never seen him drop a pass. If he can get out of his own head, you won’t find a better more athletic WR in the area. If you would have stuck with “we don’t have a sure handed receiver”, based on the small sample size you have seen him play, I’d have to agree with you. To say you do not have an athletic receiver outside, when you have the most/ second most athletic receiver in southern Ohio is ridiculous.
Have you heard of Penn Morrison?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Taylormade wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:18 pm As for the game I wouldn't be surprised if it was canceled and Ironton had to try and find a game
Why would it be canceled?

Return to “Football”