Portsmouth & Ironton - Evolving Into A Game Worthy Of a Long Time Rival Series

kantucky
Varsity

Portsmouth & Ironton - Evolving Into A Game Worthy Of a Long Time Rival Series

Post by kantucky »

I know it's a ways away. I also know the rules are pretty strict about what you can, and cannot publish here so this might be illegal...but I sure see a dog fight on week ten between Ironton and Portsmouth. Portsmouth has really surprised a lot of people so far, I know they have me.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
FightingTiger99
JV Team

Re: Portsmouth & Ironton - Evolving Into A Game Worthy Of a Long Time Rival Series

Post by FightingTiger99 »

kantucky wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:21 am I know it's a ways away. I also know the rules are pretty strict about what you can, and cannot publish here so this might be illegal...but I sure see a dog fight on week ten between Ironton and Portsmouth. Portsmouth has really surprised a lot of people so far, I know they have me.
Yup.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Re: Portsmouth & Ironton - Evolving Into A Game Worthy Of a Long Time Rival Series

Post by FightingTiger99 »

If somehow portsmouth entered wk10 9 - 0. Boy oh boy. You got yaself another classic installment in that rivalry.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

We should know more after next Friday. Portsmouth is thin at a few spots so a lot can happen in the next 5 weeks but if we come in healthy I give us a punchers chance in this one. At the beginning of the season I thought winning 6 or 7 games would be a big accomplishment for Portsmouth but they have really stepped it up. Even throwing out last years twilight zone of a season at the end of 2019 we were 8-2 , had back to back 1st round playoff exits, major o-line issues and were losing our leading rusher in school history. I give a lot of props to our coaching staff for putting the product they have on the field.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Portsmouth schedule has been somewhat easy so far. But they are playing better than expected. Gallia has has the Trojans number and the game is at gallia. Fairland is just as good and they will be a challenge too. One week at a time.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

1 game at a time......next up gahs

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

I agree one game at a time but the fact people are even bringing this up is a step in the right direction. The Trojan football program should be proud, had a rough run for quite sometime but these last handful of years have showed promise. I think their coaching staff is starting to shape up nicely with lots of youth (PHS alumni) who could decide to stick around for the long run. Could be off here but it also seems like the younger levels of Trojan football are starting to take things more seriously compared to years past. If so that development will go a long way for the future of Portsmouth.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I love how much Portsmouth is bringing to the SEOFB Atmosphere.

I liked more than anything so far, IHS -v-Moeller & the gathering of positive answers the iHS staff/players now know are there, how hard they can be pushed, not break or give in & how much growth is still in front of the Them when they priduce littie victories along the way like
Last night hanging with Moeller.

Come time for each game, the tigers will be ready.

Time to heal.
Time to gel.
Only time will tell.

Time is on IHSFB SIDE!

Portsmouth game will he incredi!

#GoBigMoe

#GotGo

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:08 pm I agree one game at a time but the fact people are even bringing this up is a step in the right direction. The Trojan football program should be proud, had a rough run for quite sometime but these last handful of years have showed promise. I think their coaching staff is starting to shape up nicely with lots of youth (PHS alumni) who could decide to stick around for the long run. Could be off here but it also seems like the younger levels of Trojan football are starting to take things more seriously compared to years past. If so that development will go a long way for the future of Portsmouth.

Oh I agree .....

the 8th grade team is loaded and undefeated with talent and the jv team is also undefeated

Insomniac
Waterboy

Post by Insomniac »

This game should be a good one! Both teams have worked hard. Who has homefield advantage this year?

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Insomniac wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:55 pm This game should be a good one! Both teams have worked hard. Who has homefield advantage this year?
Game is in Ironton at The Tank to end the regular season.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

biggdowgg wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:39 pm 1 game at a time......next up gahs
LOL, like you and I are going to be out there playing. What does it matter, you have a gorgeous ride LONG ride to Gallia, then, you either beat them or you all choke.

Not to mention, there's a better than even chance Portsmouth and Ironton could meet in the playoffs. Maybe Burg too? Ridgewood will be the the team to beat to win the region I think. Ridgewood would LOVE to face them Tigers again.

Ironton's schedule should be fairly easy (maybe a toughie against Gallia but I doubt it) The Tigers gained a lot of confidence last night I believe. I think the only really tough game will be Portsmouth in the regular season as long as they listen to the coach and play up to their ability

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

biggdowgg wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:35 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:08 pm I agree one game at a time but the fact people are even bringing this up is a step in the right direction. The Trojan football program should be proud, had a rough run for quite sometime but these last handful of years have showed promise. I think their coaching staff is starting to shape up nicely with lots of youth (PHS alumni) who could decide to stick around for the long run. Could be off here but it also seems like the younger levels of Trojan football are starting to take things more seriously compared to years past. If so that development will go a long way for the future of Portsmouth.

Oh I agree .....

the 8th grade team is loaded and undefeated with talent and the jv team is also undefeated
Love to hear it! Would like to see the Trojans continue to grow as a program and maybe after a couple of good winning seasons we could see the re-installment of the Portsmouth vs Burg series week 3 bringing back some great tradition. Play Valley, West, and Burg non-conference every year to start the season. What would really be nice is to see Portsmouth Coliseum PACKED FULL at home games. Heres to hoping PHS is really starting to turn things around as a program.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

kantucky wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:31 pm
biggdowgg wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:39 pm 1 game at a time......next up gahs
LOL, like you and I are going to be out there playing. What does it matter, you have a gorgeous ride LONG ride to Gallia, then, you either beat them or you all choke.

Not to mention, there's a better than even chance Portsmouth and Ironton could meet in the playoffs. Maybe Burg too? Ridgewood will be the the team to beat to win the region I think. Ridgewood would LOVE to face them Tigers again.

Ironton's schedule should be fairly easy (maybe a toughie against Gallia but I doubt it) The Tigers gained a lot of confidence last night I believe. I think the only really tough game will be Portsmouth in the regular season as long as they listen to the coach and play up to their ability
Never know I might suit up and get out there with this new heart ❤ lol.

Yes very important to listen to the coach

Return to “Football”