Week 5 Waverly at Washington Court House

smurray
SEOPS HO

Week 5 Waverly at Washington Court House

Post by smurray »

Waverly beat Bye handily last night while Washington Court House fell 48-14 to D2 Westerville.
Will Washington Court House cancel this game seeing how badly Waverly beat Bye.
Waverly sat all their injured players so maybe a few of them will be back for this one.

I know Court House has a D1 TE but that’s about all I know about them.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Week 5 Waverly at Washington Court House

Post by greygoose »

Courthouse always seems to have the ability to put up some points, but the defense is usually lagging behind. Look for Waverly in this one by 21. Also for all the injuries Waverly was taking on this early in the season to end up with a bye week after week 3 probably not the worst thing that could happen to them in all honesty.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Waverly hums along. Court House plays hard but I think Waverly skill group will too much speed and size

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Waverly by 24

Sirfinnly
Waterboy

Post by Sirfinnly »

Waverly will win

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

Waverly wins this game and the SOC.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I don’t think this one will be close

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Waverly’s going to score a whole lot of points

Washington will put up some points too, but this one likely won’t be close in the 4th

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Waverly huge

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Have to go with Waverly.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I have a hunch this won’t be played

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Does WCH have COVID cases? I just heard they canceled on us!!!

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

smurray wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:47 am Does WCH have COVID cases? I just heard they canceled on us!!!
Good grief! We are evidently toxic...nobody wants to play us with our county COVID numbers regardless of the team status I guess.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

At least you have time to find a game this week...hopefully.

Waterboy

Post by 1506 »

Another team dodging the L. Should be considered a forfeit for Washington Court House. No cases of Covid on the Waverly football team and no quarantined players on the team. There is Covid in both counties, both schools. Just stole another of the last few games these seniors get to play. Terrible!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

transplant wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:00 am At least you have time to find a game this week...hopefully.
Even though we always watch film of our upcoming opponent on Sunday and prepare a game plan for Monday practice.
The OHSAA has really screwed this up allowing teams to cancel on an opponent for absolutely no reason.
Now, we try to schedule an opponent we haven’t had time to sufficiently prepare for. The OHSAA should also have a provision if you lose a game in such a scenario it should hurt your playoff positioning.
Maybe the only game you can get is with a school much lather than you. It was said a D2 school contacted us last Friday to play. Ya, how do you prepare for that??

This is all insanity!!! The kids want to play and you are just hurting them….

Waterboy

Post by 1506 »

3DC4662C-7410-44FB-AA75-AF49B0D93750.jpeg

Last Friday at Washington Court House. Do you see anyone worried about covid, any social distancing? Just worry about covid when you play a team that might beat you? Again no one on the Waverly football team has covid, none are in quarantine. Also they are having school remotely to try to get ahead of things and slow the spread of covid. By Friday the football team would be a week from even being in school. Again thanks for stealing a football game from this senior class at Waverly while you look for a lesser opponent. I would be fine with this if the school such as Washington Court House were cancelling and just not playing because of Covid. I get that, but to cancel and look for another school? Where are you going to find a county or school that isn’t spiking with Covid?? Terrible!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Mods should just delete this thread since this game won’t happen now….

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Chillicothe's unceremonious, 11th-hour cancellation on Waverly was unreasonable and unnecessary. I think most, if not all of us, would agree.

With WCH... have to give them a break on this. I know folks don't like to put their biases aside, here, but "we're not having school this week -- although we're cool with the football team still coming in, practicing all week and they'll be good to play on Friday" is a lot going on for other schools to agree to play ball with. At the end of the day, CH banged the game as soon as possible -- that's a pretty honorable and respectful way to handle this bad situation. The sooner it gets addressed, the lesser the losses for everyone involved. Both teams get ample time to find another match, if they're going to pursue it.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:59 am Chillicothe's unceremonious, 11th-hour cancellation on Waverly was unreasonable and unnecessary. I think most, if not all of us, would agree.

With WCH... have to give them a break on this. I know folks don't like to put their biases aside, here, but "we're not having school this week -- although we're cool with the football team still coming in, practicing all week and they'll be good to play on Friday" is a lot going on for other schools to agree to play ball with. At the end of the day, CH banged the game as soon as possible -- that's a pretty honorable and respectful way to handle this bad situation. The sooner it gets addressed, the lesser the losses for everyone involved. Both teams get ample time to find another match, if they're going to pursue it.
Well said ! Other schools will factor in also whether to Play you guys also. Im not sure if other sports teams are playing in your district but with this posted on your district website https://www.waverly.k12.oh.us/article/531758 I imagine teams will ask their local health departments to see if the game should happen.

Return to “Football”