Week 5 Waverly at Washington Court House

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Re: Week 5 Waverly at Washington Court House

Post by fanatic23 »

Death rate from COVID .016
Waverly’s odds of beating Chillicothe 100%
Waverly’s odds of beating courthouse 100%

The reality of the situation, it’s more important to only pick battles you know you can come out on top. Some people think it’s ok to teach kids if you can’t compete then make excuse to not have to. I have an idea LETS MAKE FOOTBALL GREAT AGAIN!! If your not good you loose and on Monday prepare and get better for the next game. Don’t run and hide not play and make excuses!!!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

One of the most bizarre ideas ever is that schools (such as Chillicothe and WCH) willfully cancel the ~$5000 ticket revenue they'd make on a home game because "they don't wanna lose to Waverly."

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

fanatic23 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:00 pm Death rate from COVID .016

The reality of the situation, it’s more important to only pick battles you know you can come out on top. Some people think it’s ok to teach kids if you can’t compete then make excuse to not have to. I have an idea LETS MAKE FOOTBALL GREAT AGAIN!! If your not good you loose and on Monday prepare and get better for the next game. Don’t run and hide not play and make excuses!!!
Yeah, well, right now that argument doesn't hold an ounce of water for Waverly. Court House played a good D1 team as a replacement for Minford last week, and Waverly played no one as a replacement for Chillicothe.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

wch125 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:52 pm
1506 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:41 pm Looks like Fayette county is on a high level of transmission maybe you should sit the week out due to covid! Also it’s a really weak argument to say we quit and you have plenty of time to find another opponent. Keep making excuses!
Washington CH Schools are do not have a high rate of Covid. We are still in session

masterofnone
They don’t have 39% positive cases either.
[/quote]

You should look at your district website, it says the district has %39 out with covid!

Also was the football team the only sport tested?
I see last week the cross country meet was cancelled and volleyball are not playing right now. Not sure about soccer.
[/quote]

I know what the letter said. It’s says 39% absent rate. Not positive Covid cases. There have been many classrooms at the k-5 level who have had to quarantine because of 1-3 positive cases out of 30 kids. But the whole class had to quarantine due to contact tracing.

I just think if these schools canceling on teams that have 0 positives or quarantines, but only due to “high transmission rate” within the district should install more Covid precautions themselves, such as mask requirements at games for all not participating and social distance rules. Because pretty much every county in the state has high transmission rate. But people still continue to not take precautions. If WCH is only concerned about safety, they up their protocols for all events.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:08 pm

Yeah, well, right now that argument doesn't hold an ounce of water for Waverly. Court House played a good D1 team as a replacement for Minford last week, and Waverly played no one as a replacement for Chillicothe.
Chillicothe canceled Thursday night. It makes no sense to try and find a game with less than 24 hours before kickoff. This isn’t basketball or baseball, football takes much more prep work.

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

Had zero notice!!!!!

It’s ok!! Some kids are taught these days to stay away from the mean kid at school if he’s picking on you! Other kids are taught to stand up to him and he’ll respect you!! After these last two weeks zero respect for the two teams that stayed away!!!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

fanatic23 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:15 pm

Had zero notice!!!!!

It’s ok!! Some kids are taught these days to stay away from the mean kid at school if he’s picking on you! Other kids are taught to stand up to him and he’ll respect you!! After these last two weeks zero respect for the two teams that stayed away!!!
I see you willfully sidestepped the point that Court House scheduled a team that they were clear underdogs against as a replacement last week. Interesting, since, according to you, in WCH's case "it's more important to only pick battles you know can come out on top."

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:05 pm One of the most bizarre ideas ever is that schools (such as Chillicothe and WCH) willfully cancel the ~$5000 ticket revenue they'd make on a home game because "they don't wanna lose to Waverly."
Last week they were so scared of Minford they went and scheduled some school that is only the north half of Westerville! Afraid to play the whole town huh? Sad!

Not sure what the reasoning is, but given WCH just took on a D1 team on short notice, it is almost certainly not “they are afraid of Waverly.”

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:30 pm
fanatic23 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:15 pm

Had zero notice!!!!!

I see you willfully sidestepped the point that Court House scheduled a team that they were clear underdogs against as a replacement last week. Interesting, since, according to you, in WCH's case "it's more important to only pick battles you know can come out on top."
Being 2-1 and taking on a team that looks down for a lot of computer points is a lot different than willingly being 2-3 with an inevitable loss.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:12 pm

Chillicothe canceled Thursday night. It makes no sense to try and find a game with less than 24 hours before kickoff. This isn’t basketball or baseball, football takes much more prep work.
That takes too much common sense to figure that one out.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

smurray wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:40 pm

I'm sure the game could have been played on a Saturday. Also, a team was allegedly willing to play them on the same short amount of preparation and notice.

Or is that too common sense for you?

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:45 pm

I'm sure the game could have been played on a Saturday. Also, a team was allegedly willing to play them on the same short amount of preparation and notice.

It honestly is just crazy that a team gets canceled on two weeks straight but then is able to go and find another opponent? Name another school that has happened to. Every time a game gets cancelled it is because the team is having Covid issues within itself and decides they can’t participate. Then their opponent seeks other competition. Waverly’s team presents no more of a heath risk than any other team.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:54 pm

It honestly is just crazy that a team gets canceled on two weeks straight but then is able to go and find another opponent? Name another school that has happened to. Every time a game gets cancelled it is because the team is having Covid issues within itself and decides they can’t participate. Then their opponent seeks other competition. Waverly’s team presents no more of a heath risk than any other team.
I hate that Waverly's team (composed of kids) is in the current situation of two schools consecutively cancelling on them. Their situation is deeply unusual. I strongly disliked the fact that Chillicothe canceled on them in the manner that they did. And I said as such last week. With the Court House cancellation, as I've said: at least this time around WCH let Waverly know early on in the week with enough opportunity for a replacement game to be scheduled.

People want to throw nut-shots at the WCH program for something they likely did not have get a choice in. Accusing them of being "scared to play." Never mind that WCH, last week, scheduled-in a team almost no one else in Southeastern Ohio (with the exception of those madmen in Ironton... LOL) would've considered playing as a replacement on notice (game vs Westerville North was scheduled Wednesday morning) much shorter than what they afforded Waverly today. And if WCH, for whatever reason, ends up not playing this week at all, that means they just nixed a home game due to a decision that was likely over the heads of those who wanted this game to be played (coaches, athletic department, fans.)

To various extents, that "not willing to play" canard being pushed on here by some folks can also be measured against Waverly. Did Ross, a team that Waverly could reasonably compete against, not call for a game?

I don't understand what is preventing Waverly from getting a replacement game scheduled for this weekend, if the program itself has no actual COVID issues.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:20 pm

I hate that Waverly's team (composed of kids) is in the current situation of two schools consecutively cancelling on them. Their situation is deeply unusual. I strongly disliked the fact that Chillicothe canceled on them in the manner that they did. And I said as such last week. With the Court House cancellation, as I've said: at least this time around WCH let Waverly know early on in the week with enough opportunity for a replacement game to be scheduled.

People want to throw nut-shots at the WCH program for something they likely did not have get a choice in. Accusing them of being "scared to play." Never mind that WCH, last week, scheduled-in a team almost no one else in Southeastern Ohio (with the exception of those madmen in Ironton... LOL) would've considered playing as a replacement on notice (game vs Westerville North was scheduled Wednesday morning) much shorter than what they afforded Waverly today. And if WCH, for whatever reason, ends up not playing this week at all, that means they just nixed a home game due to a decision that was likely over the heads of those who wanted this game to be played (coaches, athletic department, fans.)

To various extents, that "not willing to play" canard being pushed on here by some folks can also be measured against Waverly. Did Ross, a team that Waverly could reasonably compete against, not call for a game?

I don't understand what is preventing Waverly from getting a replacement game scheduled for this weekend, if the program itself has no actual COVID issues.
Finding a replacement with time to prepare is much easier this week then last week, we’ll agree to that.
Hamilton Ross may have indeed called on Friday for a possible Saturday game but how do you expect a football team to prepare for a game with one practice (if that) and probably not having a chance to study any film? Practice Friday evening would have been a light walk through to what?
I believe WCH canceled against Waverly last year which put the Tigers scrambling to schedule Granville. Not sure the particulars with that….

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Yeah just a lot of frustration down here. Chillicothe situation was very dirty and now WCH canceling is just adding onto last week.

Definitely not what people want to hear right now.

This is a unique situation. The football players are being penalized for others not taking the same measures to protect themselves. They are guilty of covid without a trial or a chance to prove innocence if you will.

And a lot of what Waverly is doing is preventative measures so they can continue on with the season.

Just an unfortunate situation.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

LetsBeReal wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:46 pm

Yeah just a lot of frustration down here. Chillicothe situation was very dirty and now WCH canceling is just adding onto last week.

This is a unique situation. The football players are being penalized for others not taking the same measures to protect themselves. They are guilty of covid without a trial or a chance to prove innocence if you will.

And a lot of what Waverly is doing is preventative measures so they can continue on with the season.

Good luck, and good fortune, to the Tigers in not just getting a replacement but also for the rest of their regular season. They have a solid team, and I know the uncertainty sucks for everyone.

They will overcome.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

LetsBeReal wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:46 pm

If the District hadn’t gone to virtual learning we wouldn’t be having these discussions. They didn’t have to (actual COVID cases aren’t high) but they chose to be pro-active to prevent increased positive cases…

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

The team that cancels should be required to forfeit unless the team that had the game cancelled could find a replacement. In this instance, Chilli should have forfeited last week and WCH should this week unless Waverly finds an opponent. When there are no Covid cases or quarantine on the team it's a hard pill to swallow

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

You wonder if teams contact each other and behind close doors say we will play if we can get out of a game. Blame covid and have a game on standby that’s winnable. Seems silly but who knows

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

BTW, Jr. High game between Chillicothe and Waverly scheduled for this Thursday Sept 16th IS STILL BEING PLAYED!!!!

Return to “Football”