Week 5 Waverly at Washington Court House

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Week 5 Waverly at Washington Court House

Post by smurray »

Shoedaddy wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:56 pm BTW, Jr. High game between Chillicothe and Waverly scheduled for this Thursday Sept 16th IS STILL BEING PLAYED!!!!
How is that even possible????

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:52 pm You wonder if teams contact each other and behind close doors say we will play if we can get out of a game. Blame covid and have a game on standby that’s winnable. Seems silly but who knows
As terrible as this is if this is happening I would love to see Waverly vs Piketon

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:58 pm
Shoedaddy wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:56 pm BTW, Jr. High game between Chillicothe and Waverly scheduled for this Thursday Sept 16th IS STILL BEING PLAYED!!!!
How is that even possible????
It's not unless their was some schedule change, waverly travels to Valley on thursday to play.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Best thing to come from this, there's PLENTY of time to find a game problem is might be a better opponent or more options later in the week to get one.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Has WCH picked up a game yet?

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

No word as to court house picking up a game

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Kicker. wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:48 pm No word as to court house picking up a game
Waiting for Unioto to Cancel😈😈

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

LetsBeReal wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:54 pm
Kicker. wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:48 pm No word as to court house picking up a game
Waiting for Unioto to Cancel😈😈
Yep
Unioto vs WCH
Waverly vs Piketon

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

The superintendent at Washington has made it clear. His programs will NOT play anyone who has had to close their buildings. It is not just football. Several sporting events with McClain were cancelled when McClain closed their doors. Washington Court House went back to a mask mandate indoors to keep kids in school becuase he has also made it clear if he has to close our buildings down and go virtual NONE of our sports teams will play. Waverly fans. Don't get so full of yourselves that you think court house doesn't want to play you. They just play division 1 Westerville North. Court House would lose to a lot of teams in the state but I can promise you one thing, these kids are not afraid to play ANYONE.

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

go court house wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:12 am The superintendent at Washington has made it clear. His programs will NOT play anyone who has had to close their buildings. It is not just football. Several sporting events with McClain were cancelled when McClain closed their doors. Washington Court House went back to a mask mandate indoors to keep kids in school becuase he has also made it clear if he has to close our buildings down and go virtual NONE of our sports teams will play. Waverly fans. Don't get so full of yourselves that you think court house doesn't want to play you. They just play division 1 Westerville North. Court House would lose to a lot of teams in the state but I can promise you one thing, these kids are not afraid to play ANYONE.
Appreciate the update on CH, if that is their policy, I understand and respect that. So if Waverly had stopped the online on Thursday would there still be a game? The OHSAA has dropped the ball on this as they let schools determine who they'll play and why. Don't question what CH is doing, just the lack of direction from the OHSAA. What stops a team from not playing anyone they have a chance of losing to? And please try to understand the frustration the Waverly fans are dealing with, they have a team that had a really good chance to go 10-0, probably play at least 13 games and many single season and career records would be broken. They are emotionally invested and want their kids to play.

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

Shoedaddy wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:42 am
go court house wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:12 am The superintendent at Washington has made it clear. His programs will NOT play anyone who has had to close their buildings. It is not just football. Several sporting events with McClain were cancelled when McClain closed their doors. Washington Court House went back to a mask mandate indoors to keep kids in school becuase he has also made it clear if he has to close our buildings down and go virtual NONE of our sports teams will play. Waverly fans. Don't get so full of yourselves that you think court house doesn't want to play you. They just play division 1 Westerville North. Court House would lose to a lot of teams in the state but I can promise you one thing, these kids are not afraid to play ANYONE.
Appreciate the update on CH, if that is their policy, I understand and respect that. So if Waverly had stopped the online on Thursday would there still be a game? The OHSAA has dropped the ball on this as they let schools determine who they'll play and why. Don't question what CH is doing, just the lack of direction from the OHSAA. What stops a team from not playing anyone they have a chance of losing to? And please try to understand the frustration the Waverly fans are dealing with, they have a team that had a really good chance to go 10-0, probably play at least 13 games and many single season and career records would be broken. They are emotionally invested and want their kids to play.
I think Waverly would have to be in session by tomorrow for the game to work. Washington is trying to find a game already. I feel for the kids at Waverly. This game has been the talk of court house for more than a month. We wanted our opportunity to go against a great program. But I also feel our ADMIN is doing what they think is best for their schools. Waverly would surely bring a large crowd, and the people at court house just don't want to take the chance on people making a poor decision and coming up here when there is a 39% case rate (whether covid or another illness) in the district. I do hope Waverly finds a game, and we can meet each other in the playoffs. Best of luck to Waverly, we have family there who lobe the Tigers.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

And the actual “number of cases” was not the issue. Waverly took a proactive approach to the many kids out of school due to contact tracing/quarantine, to clean and sanitize the buildings and come back on the 20th, being out the buildings less then two weeks. This was done to prevent a spike in the number of cases, not due to an actual spike in the number of cases.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

go court house wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:51 am
I think Waverly would have to be in session by tomorrow for the game to work. Washington is trying to find a game already. I feel for the kids at Waverly. This game has been the talk of court house for more than a month. We wanted our opportunity to go against a great program. But I also feel our ADMIN is doing what they think is best for their schools. Waverly would surely bring a large crowd, and the people at court house just don't want to take the chance on people making a poor decision and coming up here when there is a 39% case rate (whether covid or another illness) in the district. I do hope Waverly finds a game, and we can meet each other in the playoffs. Best of luck to Waverly, we have family there who lobe the Tigers.
There isn’t a 39% case rate, there in lies the communication problem. 39% were out of school due to contact tracing - HUGE DIFFERENCE.
Actual confirmed cases aren’t that high and surely not in the High School.

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

smurray wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:58 am

There isn’t a 39% case rate, there in lies the communication problem. 39% were out of school due to contact tracing - HUGE DIFFERENCE.
It doesn't matter the reason. Waverly closed their buildings, our schools won't participate with anyone on full virtual learning. Waverly is not the only school court house has cancelled sporting events with. It is what it is. I personally was looking forward to Friday night. But I understand the thought process of our schools.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

go court house wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:01 am
smurray wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:58 am

It doesn't matter the reason. Waverly closed their buildings, our schools won't participate with anyone on full virtual learning. Waverly is not the only school court house has cancelled sporting events with. It is what it is. I personally was looking forward to Friday night. But I understand the thought process of our schools.
And that’s fine if that is the policy, just need to clear up the misconception of everyone saying Waverly Schools has 39% of their students out with Covid. That is absolutely FALSE..

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

just as a side note waverly jr high soccer did play last night

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ukfanatic wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:11 am just as a side note waverly jr high soccer did play last night
Absolutely

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I know it is still early, but it will be highly unfortunate for both teams players, coaches and fans if neither team is able to find a game this week. Seems as tho they aren’t as many cancellations happening in this area as there was in the first couple of weeks.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:21 am I know it is still early, but it will be highly unfortunate for both teams players, coaches and fans if neither team is able to find a game this week. Seems as tho they aren’t as many cancellations happening in this area as there was in the first couple of weeks.
Exactly
Waverly is on the phone like crazy trying to find a game.
Today is the cut off - if no game is found by the end of the day Waverly will be sitting a second week which was not necessary.

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

smurray wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:32 am
MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:21 am I know it is still early, but it will be highly unfortunate for both teams players, coaches and fans if neither team is able to find a game this week. Seems as tho they aren’t as many cancellations happening in this area as there was in the first couple of weeks.
Exactly
Waverly is on the phone like crazy trying to find a game.
Today is the cut off - if no game is found by the end of the day Waverly will be sitting a second week which was not necessary.
That is not true. Court House found a game late Wednesday last week

Return to “Football”